• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Refining Our Direction at HiveWire 3D

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
Where We Have Been

We are grateful for the support of artists of all kinds who have joined us as customers, contributing artists and friends who in various ways have influenced and assisted our HiveWire 3D community to grow.

It's been over five years since we launched with the Dawn of a New Era. Since that time we have realized not only a new female figure, but also a male figure, a baby, a female anime figure, a male giant, horses, big cats, domestic cats and dogs that all work in both Poser and Daz Studio.

Together, we have created an asset library for our own HiveWire figures while also supporting legacy figures such as Daz’s Victoria 4, Michael 4, Genesis, and older Poser Only figures such as Suzy Q and the Dude. After much consideration we have come to the conclusion that we cannot fully step into the future while we remain tethered to the past.

Going forward from here we will be refining our focus to be primarily on our HiveWire Figure Collections which include our HW3D human and animal figures, Songbird Remix, Nature’s Wonders and Lisa’s Botanicals. As such, we will be retiring certain products and also modifying the types of products we will accept for inclusion in the store.

• We will no longer be accepting products for Victoria 4 or Michael 4 and will be retiring the products in our store that are for V4 and M4.

• We will be retiring products for Daz/Poser figures unless the product also has a version for our HiveWire figures such as Dawn or Dusk. Note: There will be a few exceptions to this that will be staying in the store.

• We will no longer accept products that are made exclusively for Daz/Poser figures, however we will accept products that include versions for both the Daz/Poser figure AND one of our HiveWire figures.

• We will no longer accept Bryce products and will be retiring Bryce products that are currently in our store.

• There will be a final chance to purchase retiring items before they are removed from the store.
  • We will still be accepting environments and props that are not figure specific.

Where We Are Going

Collectively, we have many exciting things coming in human, animal, bird and plant form and will be continuing to support artists such as Ken Gilliland (Songbird Remix and Nature’s Wonders), Laurie Prindle (CWRW), 3D Universe, Ken1171, Satira Capriccio, Sparky, Pommerlis, NapalmArsenal, Virtual World and many others who create quality content to share through our store.

Chris Creek has started pushing points around to optimize our Dawn figure for a Dawn 2.0 release. His focus is on optimizing the mesh to achieve a pure quad mesh that can be subdivided as needed, as well as providing topology that will support a more sensible body grouping for rig support.

We have recently released our Mule Deer Buck which will be followed by an Antler Pack add-on and Doe and Fawn options for the Mule Deer. Laurie Prindle (CWRW) has created several deer breed texture maps including White Tail, Fallow Deer and Red Stag and there is also a Fantasy Antler pack and Silver Stag textures in the works, as well as LAMH presets.

Ken Gilliland is working on updating his Songbird ReMix library with full support for both Daz Studio and Poser. His new and updated products include a new file structure with native versions for both Daz Studio and Poser. Updates are also available to those who may have purchased Songbird ReMix items before they were available at HiveWire 3D. Ken is also filling out his Nature’s Wonders library with various species of insects, reptiles and amphibians and their habitats.

Ken1171 is showing the morph capability of Dawn SE in his own unique way with his Body-Type Morphs. There are 8 Body-Types to choose from so far that range from slightly curvy to voluptuous with more to come.

Many of our Contributing Artists have “Work In Progress” threads that can be found in our Show Me the Honey forum where you can see how development on a project is going. All are invited to become part of the creation process itself by following along with encouragement or offering your feedback for consideration.

It is important to us that we continue to create 3D assets for Poser and Daz Studio that are easy for others to use as well as easy to create supportive products for. As such, we invite each of you to share what you require in the 3D content you purchase. We can’t promise to deliver every requested option, however, we can promise to do our best to deliver something you can work from to achieve your own creative visions.

We look forward with excitement at all we have in progress as well as all that we have planned and invite you all to continue along on this journey of creation with us.

The HiveWire 3D Team

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
  • We will no longer accept products that are made exclusively for Daz/Poser figures, however we will accept products that include versions for both the Daz/Poser figure AND one of our HiveWire figures.
To clarify, what does this mean for Dynamic clothing creators who've not yet figured out things like Dforce?

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
I think this is a very wise move. It was always disheartening to work sometimes for months on something for Dawn or Dusk and see it pushed off the front page of the catalog by Genesis and/or V4 stuff.

HW has worked hard to build their "brand" and you should not let anything dilute it.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
I think this is a very wise move. It was always disheartening to work sometimes for months on something for Dawn or Dusk and see it pushed off the front page of the catalog by Genesis and/or V4 stuff.

HW has worked hard to build their "brand" and you should not let anything dilute it.

Well said.

Hornet3d

Wise
This seems a natural progression to me and let's be honest, there are plenty of V4 and M4 products available elsewhere. I am rather surprised when I come across a Bryce products no matter which store it is in as the program itself has been left to die for many years. The rest makes sense also but I like the fact that the changes are being talked about and artist will still have a chance to purchase the products before they are finally retried.

eclark1894

Visionary
I have a somewhat sensitive question as it regards my Directory. Does this mean you're dropping some artists from your roster or does it mean that artists currently in your store will be grandfathered in, but you will not be accepting anything NEW from them or new artists in general?

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
@eclark1894 Some artists may disappear from the store. Some may have a few products that will no longer be offered. In a bit more than a month from now you will be able to modify your directory as necessary.

xyer0

Brilliant
Thanks for the heads up, LisaB & Chris. I have three questions, the last is borderline OT:
1) Will Ken1171's Body Type morphs be compatible with Dawn 2.0?
2) Will notification of upcoming product departures be sent via email?
3) Could you give OutOfTouch a free Harry in exchange for him creating a new mane & tail?

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist

I would guess "no" since Chris has been reworking the mesh in pure quads. Morphs stop working or go crazy when the base geometry changes. If you know your way about Poser 11, there are some tools that will attempt to translate morphs from an old mesh to a new one (Figure/Copy Morphs from...). I've found the translation is pretty faithful as long as the meshes are close. I've used it with helping not redo every morph in the Songbird ReMix updates.

Last edited:

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist

Ken Gilliland is correct. Morphs are figure-specific and will not work on different geometries. New awesome morphs will be created for Dawn 2.0 when she comes out. :)