• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Redistributing Poser Dynamic Hair without the base figure - a solution

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
AHA! I was just wondering why the spec on Luna's scalp. Otherwise it looks good.

Cliff Bowman

Adventurous
Darn. I missed Verts+ when I was adding boxes. Hope I catch that sooner rather than later.
Fixed! I had "done" it, but not saved the "final" .png into the Poser library.

Today and tomorrow... I don't know. Schedule is looking a bit whackey, so I am not confident that I am going to get much done - and Christmas is looming. I had hoped, for a while, to at least submit by Christmas... but I am starting to resigning myself to submitting in the new year. Now if THAT's the case... there's one, maybe two much trickier bits of code that I'd like to work on, see if I can get them included after all. Sorry for the delays, chaps :( but if I DO attempt them AND get either of them working, I will be impressed with myself (yes, and easy mark but hey - it's good to have something to aim for).

Cheers,

Cliff

Cliff Bowman

Adventurous
And your Dusk Beard preset.
View attachment 33395

I have now looked back at the tutorial where I created Dusk's "Beard Preset". LOL - I was definitely more focussed on the technique than the quality of any final render! MANY thanks for that picture - I think I may have to produce a render for the end of each tutorial showing off what artists should be aiming for rather than just how to get there. At the moment it's a little like a series of photos of the road on a journey to get to the grand canyon, but with no pictures of the grand canyon itself!

Cheers,

Cliff

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Fixed! I had "done" it, but not saved the "final" .png into the Poser library.

Today and tomorrow... I don't know. Schedule is looking a bit whackey, so I am not confident that I am going to get much done - and Christmas is looming. I had hoped, for a while, to at least submit by Christmas... but I am starting to resigning myself to submitting in the new year. Now if THAT's the case... there's one, maybe two much trickier bits of code that I'd like to work on, see if I can get them included after all. Sorry for the delays, chaps :( but if I DO attempt them AND get either of them working, I will be impressed with myself (yes, and easy mark but hey - it's good to have something to aim for).

Cheers,

Cliff

Yeah, same here - not gonna do much but render once in a while til after Christmas. Too many looming interruptions to concentrate for me.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
I have now looked back at the tutorial where I created Dusk's "Beard Preset". LOL - I was definitely more focussed on the technique than the quality of any final render! MANY thanks for that picture - I think I may have to produce a render for the end of each tutorial showing off what artists should be aiming for rather than just how to get there. At the moment it's a little like a series of photos of the road on a journey to get to the grand canyon, but with no pictures of the grand canyon itself!

Cheers,

Cliff

LOL, you're welcome. I'm a tinkerer, love to play with stuff just to see what it does. I find myself pressing buttons in True Hair just to see what they do.

Then, if it comes out good, I post a render.

Cliff Bowman

Adventurous
Yeah, same here - not gonna do much but render once in a while til after Christmas. Too many looming interruptions to concentrate for me.

One thing I'd love to do is work on the main promo / ReadMe cover for TrueHair - because the image I have in mind has had me itching to play since I thought of it, but actually working on the product (mostly documentation) has taken up all my available time so I haven't even created the first scene file :(

Working on that image plus the "exciting/difficult" code are the two Poser things I would love to do this Christmas :D

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
I've only read about half of this thread so far. Great stuff, everyone. I love seeing the creative process, plus feedback, plus problem solving solutions. This looks like it's shaping up to be a great product, Cliff.

Enjoy creating!

Cliff Bowman

Adventurous
I've only read about half of this thread so far. Great stuff, everyone. I love seeing the creative process, plus feedback, plus problem solving solutions. This looks like it's shaping up to be a great product, Cliff.

Enjoy creating!

You know what? I am :) And that's great. Truly great. I'm working unhindered by ANYTHING for the first time in years, doing what I want when I want - and the effect it's having on the work is visible (at least to me, because I've got it hehehe).

If we don't chat again beforehand, have a great whatever-holiday-you-celebrate and we'll be in touch shortly, if only to submit! :D

Cheers,

Cliff

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I am so honored and pleased, and LEARNING... in the beta testing group...JUST tonight I actually made a NEW HAIR group... I said I couldn't do it... BUT I DID!!! Now don't ask me how... but anyway... was fiddling adjusting the Dusk Beard Preset, wanting a look of stubble to augment any skin texture with stubble... AND I WANTED TO ADD A MUSTACHE TO CLIFF'S DUSK BEARD .... and I'll be darned... I DID IT!!!
MustacheLyne.jpg

This is just Dusk SE texture... while I did the setting up... I'm also working on a "Laurie type beefcake cowboy" art piece...that I wanted the stubble to add to Rodrigo's face.... :)

FYI: I'm using Poser 2014

Cliff Bowman

Adventurous
I am so honored and pleased, and LEARNING... in the beta testing group...JUST tonight I actually made a NEW HAIR group... I said I couldn't do it... BUT I DID!!! Now don't ask me how... but anyway... was fiddling adjusting the Dusk Beard Preset, wanting a look of stubble to augment any skin texture with stubble... AND I WANTED TO ADD A MUSTACHE TO CLIFF'S DUSK BEARD .... and I'll be darned... I DID IT!!!
View attachment 33582

This is just Dusk SE texture... while I did the setting up... I'm also working on a "Laurie type beefcake cowboy" art piece...that I wanted the stubble to add to Rodrigo's face.... :)

FYI: I'm using Poser 2014

well done!

I've also continued to play with TrueHair, partly development but given that the holiday has arrived, also with a slightly whimsical note. Here's the render, thanks to texture donations by Rae134, that has been calling to me for days. I finally got around to doing it!

Please forgive the brevity - I am remote controlling this PC with a tablet, so typing is a chore :(

cheers,

Cliff

Cruella.jpg

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Sorry, not read through this whole thread, but love these last 2 renders, Cliff and Traci!

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
I love it, Traci! How'd you do the snow? Hope you had a Merry Christmas and hope you all have an even better New Year!:)

Years ago I released a Christmas freebie with Andy (structure) at Rendo called Glitter in the Knight. One part of it was a modeled terrain with snow on it, and another was a snow MT5 file. For this image I loaded the terrain and added the snow material to the Construct Ground. Most of the image above is the terrain, but any gaps were filled with the ground.

Check at Rendo, I think the freebie is still there. If not, I'll upload it to dropbox for anyone who wants to grab it.