• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Redistributing Poser Dynamic Hair without the base figure - a solution

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I'm liking it Cliff. There's quite a bit of difference between the top render and the bottom, and I like the way it looks. :)

Cliff Bowman

Adventurous
I would be doing Glitterati3D a great disservice if I didn't post an image of the coat tweaked to match the hat - so here it is.

It strikes me that we ought to be able to make quite a nice texture for the hat (at present there are no hair or fur texture maps in use - we might be able to use less dense hair if I had a good texture for the underlying model).

Cheers,

Cliff

06 Earl's Hat Revisited 013.jpg

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
The last one does look really good.

How does it look with just a tiled fur texture, just to get an idea of what it could look like?

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I was thinking for the Hat, since you said...
It strikes me that we ought to be able to make quite a nice texture for the hat (at present there are no hair or fur texture maps in use - we might be able to use less dense hair if I had a good texture for the underlying model).

Cliff Bowman

Adventurous
Yup! And glitterati3D posted renders that were done just by applying some existing textures she had to the fur. Sadly, I don't have any suitable textures to hand, that I know of, or I'd have shown them :(

Personally I REALLY like this one (may have to go in search of the texture, or one like it)
View attachment 32956

Some morphs for the hat done. Just quick low quality renders.
Stocking hat
View attachment 32972

Rounded Top
View attachment 32973

And Ear Band. Along with some various Fit Over Hair morphs.
View attachment 32974

Oops if you meant JUST the hat - with no hair on it - then I'm being dense and unhelpful. Sorry!

Cheers,

Cliff

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
OK, let me explain how I applied the textures........

First, these are some MRs from Atenias that I purchased a long time ago hoping to get some decent looking fur. The are Poser mt5 materials.

PM - Wild Skins 2D Graphics Merchant Resources Atenais

I apply the materials to the base figures - the coat, the hat, etc.

Then, I apply the materials to the props which are created by True Hair - the hair props.

That's all there is to it.

All of the textures I have demonstrated in renders here come from this MR.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
OK, so I set out to test something.....

I have some Hair MRs from Biscuits but any hair seamless tiles would work the same. This is from the MR, Funky Stripes. The MR is just hair seamless textures and alpha maps.

I put the hair on the hat, and alpha map for the specular map, then saved an MT5 file.

Loaded the hat, applied the MT5 to the hat.

Loaded True Hair to the hat, played with density, length, push down, several True Hair settings.

Applied the same MT5 file to the hair prop created by True Hair on the hat.

HairMR.jpg

Cliff Bowman

Adventurous
Can you try my WhiteISH.mt5 file and look at it in the material room? Use either it (or better might be one of the cat hair .mt5 files I think I've supplied) but add one of the hair MR's as the texture image source?

Cheers,

Cliff

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Can you try my WhiteISH.mt5 file and look at it in the material room? Use either it (or better might be one of the cat hair .mt5 files I think I've supplied) but add one of the hair MR's as the texture image source?

Cheers,

Cliff

Sorry, was playing some more and not reading the thread.........here, again, seamless hair + alpha map for spec, saved as an MT5 and applied to the hat and the hair prop created by True Hair. I made the hair denser than I typically do here.

SeamlessHairMT5-White.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I think the density sells it Tracy. Fur hats (and coats) aren't sparse as far as the hairs go.

Cliff Bowman

Adventurous
I was planning to buy the MR set Glitterati3d mentioned - it's only $10 after all - and I may still do so, but someone has kindly donated me a couple of examples of fur textures to play with that I rather like the look of. So - I plan to spam the thread with image after image after image, moving the hair forward a bit at a time.

Here is the in-textured coat with the newly-textured hat. Yes, I'm sorry - I remember the original Tomb Raider game being released and I've had fun shooting animals - often endangered animals - ever since. So I couldn't resist.

Textures001.jpg

It's Sunday morning here, so don't be surprised if there are big gaps between images. Use them to recover!

Cheers,

Cliff

Cliff Bowman

Adventurous
Wow - Tina Turner. This is just applying the texture to the existing flat material. I don't know if the hair UVs follow adjustments to the base model UVs - I've tiled the texture on the hat to get it small enough. Fingers crossed the hair is following, if not I'll have to fudge it later by manually tiling the texture (no biggie, I want to see what happens).

Textures003.jpg

Cliff Bowman

Adventurous
I have a simple Hair Material cribbed from Poser 11 Pro that I call "cjbWhiteISH" because it's slightly off-white. It's suitable for both FireFly and SuperFly (that is, after all, its purpose) and the intention is to make hair look more like hair than if you apply a straight material or texture map. Here I have plugged a fur texture in to the cjbWhiteISH texture - and the result.

Hopefully the fur looks a tad softer to everyone.

HairMaterial.jpg

Textures004.jpg

Cliff Bowman

Adventurous
Length- five times and
PullBack

To me the first picture - with the texture applied to the hat - looked great, but the fur effect ends at the edge of the mesh. It's those sharp flat lines that ruin the "hair" illusion to me. If our texture benefactor wants to step forward by the way, please do at any time. I don't plan on mentioning you by name in case you want to be anonymous.

Textures005.jpg