• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Product Submissions, Terms Of Service, and Gallery Submissions Updates

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Folks and friends of HiveWire. Lisa and I have been thinking lately about softening our Product Submission guidelines, and adding clarity and updating to our TOS, and Gallery Submissions. Particularly with the opportunity in front of us now to perhaps welcome in new artists and customers to HiveWire. We still have a PG-13 facing site and friendly attitude and all, which is great. But adding to that, we are now announcing that as of today, HiveWire will allow artists to submit full nude maps, and genitals for adult human figures. By making this decision, our hope is that artists and customers will feel this is a good solid move to attracting a broader base of talent in this community. We will not be displaying genitals, pubic hair, crotch shots, or the adult female bare nipples, but we're allowing full nude texture maps, models and morphs to accompany adult figure products now.

We did not arrive at this decision lightly. We've been thinking about some tempering or softening of our guidelines for some time now, but with the recent announcement of the merger of other sites, this most certainly brought this to the forefront. We've already made the update, change, adjustment or whatever you'd prefer to call this, and have posted it in several documents on our site. Those documents being, our Terms of Service (which can be seen at the bottom left of our homepage, and on our forums at the bottom right), Product Submissions guidelines, The Contributing Artist-Guidelines for Submitting Content (found on the Product Submissions page).

This is a portion from our updated "Contributing Artist-Guidelines for Submitting Content" -

Genitals

We at HiveWire 3D want to keep our website and its content family-friendly and acceptable to a broad audience. To that end, HiveWire 3D will not allow products that are represented beyond what is considered tasteful nudity. This means that we will allow a character product that has nude texture maps of external genitals, but for example, they cannot be displayed or presented beyond what one might find in a college figure painting or drawing class. Any product submitted to HiveWire 3D must not include any details in the OBJ mesh that would not be considered tasteful, this includes image textures or material settings. We also will not accept genitals that are displayed or modeled to be anything beyond what would be considered normal, or relaxed or flaccid. Any extremes beyond this will not be allowed for sale, or free download on our website. You may provide this to any interested customers outside of the HiveWire 3D website on your own. HiveWire 3D will not provide a link of any kind to such extreme products of this nature.

Promotional Images
(clarity added is this new bottom portion)
  • Images may not show bare female nipple, genitals, bare groin, bare natal cleft, or anus, of the humanoid figures.
  • Images will not display the act of sexual copulation, masturbation, or oral sex.
  • Images will not display rape, torture, or the act of physical mutilation.
  • Images that may appear gratuitously violent will be reviewed by the HiveWire staff for its appropriateness.
  • Images that contain depictions of children are especially sensitive and will be reviewed even more strictly than other such product images.
  • Images that may be considered as an attack on a person or their beliefs will not be permitted.

TOS under III. Content Restrictions (added clarity for acceptable imagery)-

Images may not show bare female nipple, genitals, bare groin, bare natal cleft, or anus, of the humanoid figures.

We have similar updated language on the Product Submissions page.

This used to read as this in the TOS under III. Content Restrictions-

Images may not show genitals, or the bare groin or buttocks, of humanoid figures.

We hope this is a welcome adjustment to product submissions and clarity to other supporting documents. Any other details we'll have to work out from here. But this is the major announcement to accompany this new update at HiveWire. We aim to be open with this decision and want everyone to see the changes from us and not have to find it out on your own down the road.

We very much appreciate your continued support of us at the Hive. Please share this information with artists you may know that could benefit from this announcement.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Thanks, Chris. With products, what we had been doing, so folks know, is allowing the CA to put a link to any adult textures with genitals and we put that link in the ReadMe. Now it will be able to be in the product in the store.

Hornet3d

Wise
I am not a vendor but as a customer I welcome these changes. They seem to be well balanced which is no more than I would expect here and shows that the team are keeping an eye on what is going on on the wider community.

I very rarely do nude renders but when it comes to buying character and textures I am interested in the quality and completeness of the maps supplied. Great Move.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
My only concern in the mind set, and it's a mind set truthfully, that men and women must be shaved down there, Uh last time I checked MOST folks have pubic hair so my gripe with creating human textures is that from what I was told in the beginning is that there is no pubic hair allowed. I really hate this mind set here in the USA about what is considered tasteful, which allot of the time is simply NATURAL. If there has been an update to allowances please make those a bit more clear to me. If they still stand then when I do create textures (My Bruna is without any genital mapping or pubic hair) then I may create an alternate texture and make that available via my website but then again can I include that info in the ReadMe or am I blocked from offering the alternative mapping even there? Thank you

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
You're misunderstanding, Wolffie -

My comment simply was that this isn't as big a change as some might see it as. We have always allowed the CA to create an alternate texture, put it on a website or dropbox link of theirs, and we added a link in the ReadMe file.

The change is that you do NOT have to create an alternate "Barbie doll" texture for the in-store version and put a link in the Read-me...that texture can now be in the in-store version.

we will allow a character product that has nude texture maps of external genitals, but for example, they cannot be displayed or presented beyond what one might find in a college figure painting or drawing class.

Note that this is for adult figures, not children. Also note that promo images must follow the rules noted in "Promotional Images".

As always, if there is an issue that needs addressing on a submitted product, we'll let the CA know :)

Hope that helps.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Thanks very much for making it crystal clear to my old mind. I'm glad to hear of this change then!

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
You're welcome :)

And I do believe my mind is older than yours lol!!!

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I like the softening toward nudity.

Initially, I was frustrated that Dawn needed to be a barbie doll, but I eventually decided it just wasn't that big an issue. I was actually rather surprised when I looked through my first several years of work and realized I had a LOT of nudes. Though, perhaps it was primarily the nudes that survived the 2010 hard drive crash so it only looked like almost everything I did was a nude.

Still, the lack of the genitals map/morph wasn't that big an issue in reality, because in all this time, I only ever did one piece with V4 where the genitals were on full display (and it was for a friend), all other nude piece I've done were posed so the genitals weren't on display. I think I only ever did one M4 where his twigs and berries were on display. But in that case, the piece was a reimagining of Pygmalion, with the sculptor being a female, and the sculpture becoming alive was male. In that case, he was still stone from the chest/waist down.

I think though, I need just a tad bit of clarification regarding posting renders. Nude renders are acceptable as long as these areas are not on display?

Images may not show bare female nipple, genitals, bare groin, bare natal cleft, or anus, of the humanoid figures.​

By that I mean, we should pose the figure in such a way these areas are concealed by other parts of the body or behind integral parts of the scenery rather than adding concealing text boxes in post work?

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
I think though, I need just a tad bit of clarification regarding posting renders. Nude renders are acceptable as long as these areas are not on display?

Images may not show bare female nipple, genitals, bare groin, bare natal cleft, or anus, of the humanoid figures.​

By that I mean, we should pose the figure in such a way these areas are concealed by other parts of the body or behind integral parts of the scenery rather than adding concealing text boxes in post work?

That would be appreciated. Adding boxes with text over those areas has a tendency to look flippant...it comes across like "nyah, nyah you don't want to see that? Here - I'll stick a box over it and WRITE something on it!!" Easy enough to do what you suggest.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
That would be appreciated. Adding boxes with text over those areas has a tendency to look flippant...it comes across like "nyah, nyah you don't want to see that? Here - I'll stick a box over it and WRITE something on it!!" Easy enough to do what you suggest.

The pose I posted last night in the Island Girl thread was like that - could have been "suggestive" and was a simple movement of the thigh to eliminate that. But, that was because she was dressed scantily in a corset, not the pose itself.