• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Poser keeps adding ALL morphs when rigging figures

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
When rigging a figure and adding morphs I uncheck everything except for what I want but Poser adds them in anyway. I've been taking them out with a text editor but there must be an easier way.0

Karina

Hello Janet,

I'm not sure whether I understood you right, but I believe I know what your problem is:

When you leave the Setup Room Poser will mark ALL morph channels in the figure which are supposed to be hidden as "unhidden", whether you checked them as to be imported or not.
It just does it, no matter what you do. :/

Try it by yourself:
Take your figure, enter the Setup Room, then immediately leave it again.
Voila - all your empty and previously hidden morph channels are suddenly visible.
The same happens to all "EMPTY-" and thus also previously hidden channels.
That's Poser's version of FUBAR ! :O

N.B.:
Note that Poser does NOTHING with the morphs if you leave everything unchecked!
Except that it sets all the pre-configured channels "hidden 0" :(

Because I use V4/SASHA-16 exclusively, I came up with a workaround (the how many thousandth is it to deal with Poser glitches?).
I always have a VERY basic version of SASHA, just in case I need to do anything in the Setup Room.
(recently needed it again because I added "butt cheek" ghost bones to it...)
I use this basic version only to add new ghost bones or whatever. It has absolutely NO morph data at all (to speed up the process)

AFTER!
I have left the setup room I inject my morphs into the newly created figure again (V4 Base, Morphs++, S4, special SASHA morphs, etc.)
This will reset the "hidden" parameters to the correct values again.
Then save the new figure (or file) under a different name.

DISCLAIMER:
This might only work with V4/SASHA!!

I could imagine that someone may even be able to write a Python script to set the "hidden" flags on "EMPTY - " morph channels, thus clearing the problem.

Unfortunately I'm on a very tight schedule to finally get the SASHA SR-1 out, so I can't be of much more help right now.

If you have more questions: just ask and I'll try to answer as best as I can!

Karina

EDIT: problem exists since PP2014 at least.

Last edited:

Karina

Addendum:
Just read your signature @Janet, and I couldn't help to think
"and if pigs can fly, Poser will have all of it's bugs fixed" :D

-K-