• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Poser and the Hivewire foal problems

cinadisilver

Admirable
I am working in Poser 2012 using the Hivewire foal. When I try to apply one of the CWRW poses the foal turns into something from an abstract painting bearing little resemblance to a frolicking foal. Does anyone know how to correct this problem? I tried most of the poses in the CWRW pack and the sme effect happens.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Did you turn on limits? That's often the problem.

Is it just the foal affected, or is the HiveWire Horse also affected when you load poses? Have you redownloaded and reinstalled the HiveWire Horse and Foal?

Could you post a screenshot of the foal after you've loaded a pose?

cinadisilver

Admirable
upload_2018-11-6_7-11-2.png

I'm very new at these forums. It took some figuring to post this. Turning off limits didn't work.

cinadisilver

Admirable
Looking at it this morning at the foal poses section, I realize I hit the 'use limits' tab to try and straighten the mess out. How do I find the no limits tab? I asked my daughter, she is more poser literate than I am. She didn't know.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Wow. Are you sure that's the right horse pose? Not Millennium Horse pose on HiveWire horse or vice verse?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I'm using PoserPro 11, and I'm not aware of a Use Limits "tab". The only place I'm aware of where you can set, or reset, Limits is in the Figure menu. If there's a check mark to the left of Use Limits, then it's set to use them, but if there's no check mark there (see below), then Use Limits is NOT set.

UseLimits.jpg

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Hmmm... I just tried my poses for the foal (and with the horse ones as well) with limits turned off and had no problem. I am assuming you are posing the foal you loaded using this button (and that the foal looked "normal" before posing him?)

Screen Shot 2018-11-06 at 10.55.08 AM.png

Is the Poser .pmd file installed correctly?

Screen Shot 2018-11-06 at 10.59.38 AM.png

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
My best suggestion is to uninstall the horse and foal and download the latest zips and install those. The included ReadMes tells you exactly where each component needs to be installed (and where to find the old files to get rid of:). I'm feeling like there is either an old file and/or a misplaced file causing the issue. Because your horse also is looking a little odd too on your screen shot- the mane doesn't look it is fitting right.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Are you sure you have installed the Poser version of the Horse not the DS one. There are 2 totally separate versions.
Good pont Tparo, I never would've even thought to ask that question.

cinadisilver

Admirable
Thank you everyone for your assistance. I just took a screen capture after the foal went strange it wasn't rendered. Rendering didn't change anything. I don't have DS. I only have poser. I am trying to download and install new files right now. Hopefully they will work fine. Thank you again for the help. I'll let you know how it works out.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Fingers crossed! I'm sure between us all, we will get it sorted out for you!

cinadisilver

Admirable
No success. My daughter says she will try a clean install when she has time. I will continue to work on my picture. Although the work on the thread is so awesome that I feel blown out of the water.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
So the foal load all looks normal when it's loaded and then when you apply any of my foal poses it goes beserk?

cinadisilver

Admirable
You are correct. I have been working on the rest of the picture and if she can't get to it I will try and pose the foal by hand.

Miss B

CV-BEE
OK, just out of curiosity, I decided to try a quick scene and render of the HW Foal with Use Limits selected, and I'm not having a problem with Laurie's (CWRW) poses. I'm not exactly sure which pose you were trying, but it looked like you were trying the first FOAL Buck pose, so that's the one I tried.

Foal-BuckingPose.jpg

That said, I have the HW Horse and Foal installed in my Poser 9 Runtime, but I did this quick render with PP11 because I thought if you were having a problem in PP2014, then it might also show up in PP11, as I know I never had a problem in posing the Foal with P9.

Question . . . I don't know if it would make much difference, but how did you load the Foal? IOW, did you load up the HW Horse, and then inject all the HW Foal INJ morphs for the Foal, Mane, Tail and Fetlocks, or did you use the HWFoalLoadAll option?

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
Thank you everyone for your assistance. I just took a screen capture after the foal went strange it wasn't rendered. Rendering didn't change anything. I don't have DS. I only have poser. I am trying to download and install new files right now. Hopefully they will work fine. Thank you again for the help. I'll let you know how it works out.

Just because you don't have DS doesn't mean you haven't installed the DS version by mistake. Your problems look very similar to what happens when you are using the wrong version for the software you are using.