• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Poser and figure limits - how to disable them

FreyrStrongart

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
I am working on a pose set in which the figures have to go past the set limits. When I save the poses, the disabling of the limits does not take. When applied to a fresh figure poser uses the limits and the pose is off, the concerned limits need to be disabled by hand and the pose reapplied.

how can I get Poser to disregard the limits in the pose I want to apply? (in the figure menue limits are disabled)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I don't think you can disable limits on a pose file. This is probably meant to prevent poses from overwriting your scene preferences.

kobaltkween

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
The simple answer is to let the pose change the limits on the relevant dials. Pose files set dial properties, and limits are just another property. At worst, you could edit the pose file by hand. I've never really gotten into poses, so I'm not sure if it would save that info if you just changed the limits of the dial you're concerned with, then saved the pose.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I always check Use Limits when beta testing, but there have been times when I've unchecked it to get a specific pose to work properly.

That said, I didn't create those poses, so not sure what is entailed as far as saving them.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I believe pose limits is a global setting in Poser. I don't think it can be disabled by PZ2 pose files. We can enable/disable MORPHS in pose files, but not joint rotations as far as I know. This is something the Poser user decides, not the content creator (AFAIK).

FreyrStrongart

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
The thing is that even though in poser the setting under 'figure' 'use limits' is disabled, I do have those limits active in my figure. Which is strange as such. my beta tester too had limits applied in her settings. The dog did not pose correctly unless the limits in the figure bones were turned off manually.

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
Sounds as if Force Limits is in effect. Have you checked any of the individual dial settings where you are noticing the problem, to see if that is the case? It may be possible to turn Force Limits off with a pose file, even though you can't do the same for the program's Use Limits setting.

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
Okay, you can turn Force Limits on and off with a pose file in Poser Pro 11, I just ran a quick test. Edit the .pz2 file to add the following line for any channel (dial) where you want to switch Force Limits on or off:

rotateY yrot
{
forceLimits 1
keys
{
k 0 8.5
}
}

forceLimits 1 switches it ON, forceLimits 0 switches it OFF

Bit of a pain having to manually add it for every single dial, I know, you can't even really use find-and-replace.

kobaltkween

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
Again, you can also just change what the limits on a dial are. If you find that a pose requires going beyond the default limits, but still looks natural, then it's probably a benefit anyway.

FreyrStrongart

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
no... changing the limits on the dials doesn't work. I tried it out. If ForceLimits is set up it won't swallow different values on the pose limits even when trying to cheat on the setting dials.
But HaiGans solution worked. A bit of a bother but since it concerned only three bones it wasn't such a hassle once he showed me how to do it. I guess it would be a different matter if you'd have to do all bones.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Okay, you can turn Force Limits on and off with a pose file in Poser Pro 11, I just ran a quick test. Edit the .pz2 file to add the following line for any channel (dial) where you want to switch Force Limits on or off:

rotateY yrot
{
forceLimits 1
keys
{
k 0 8.5
}
}

forceLimits 1 switches it ON, forceLimits 0 switches it OFF

Bit of a pain having to manually add it for every single dial, I know, you can't even really use find-and-replace.

I've been trying to do this with a morph dial (ie: HW Horse- NeckRoundBottom, (which currently is set to 0 for minimum value and I need a negative value). I'm not having any luck though... Suggestions?

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
I've been trying to do this with a morph dial (ie: HW Horse- NeckRoundBottom, (which currently is set to 0 for minimum value and I need a negative value). I'm not having any luck though... Suggestions?

Okay, so you need a bit more than gets saved within a standard pose file, and you need to change the minimums on all affected body parts because the body dial merely calls the individual ones. Download and unzip this pz2. The resulting file will reset the minimum limits for the NeckRoundBottom PBMs on the relevant body parts, and set the master dial on the BODY to -1 (to integrate this with an existing pose file you'll need to add the min -1, or your chosen value, in each appropriate place):

(Editing because the insets for the file didn't transfer well into the forum formatting. It's now a downloadable file, not a copy-paste file)

Attachments

• NegativeNeckRoundBottom.zip
    350 bytes · Views: 172
Last edited:

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Okay, so you need a bit more than gets saved within a standard pose file, and you need to change the minimums on all affected body parts because the body dial merely calls the individual ones. Download and unzip this pz2. The resulting file will reset the minimum limits for the NeckRoundBottom PBMs on the relevant body parts, and set the master dial on the BODY to -1 (to integrate this with an existing pose file you'll need to add the min -1, or your chosen value, in each appropriate place):

(Editing because the insets for the file didn't transfer well into the forum formatting)

Thank you!!!!