• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Poser: Adding joint parameters with INJ pose?

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
I've created an INJ pose that works well to add a new binary morph to a figure (all body parts plus master dial on the BODY), but the morph requires changes to the joint parameters for some body parts. I've had a bit of a play around, and peered at other's INJ files that make changes to the joint parameters, to see if I can figure out how to do that for myself, but I haven't managed to come up with a functioning version. Does anyone know of a step-by-step tutorial I can refer to, or some similar way that I can point myself in the right direction?

Semicharm

Eager
That depends what you're trying to do. If you want to permanently change the JPs to fit the morphed figure, set them how you need to in Poser and save a new figure. From there, I don't know of an easy way to do this without manually coping the parts you changed into your pose file. A poser file editor is essential, as it's too much to keep straight otherwise.

Take note that there's a mirrored copy of everything in the parent actor too. For example, if you changed the z-axis JPs for rCollar, you'll need to copy the jointZ jointz channel for rCollar and jointZ rCollar_jointz for Chest. Of course, if you're dealing with weight maps, you'll need to look up the weightmapzone references and copy those weightMap sections on both actors too. I'm sure they had some rationale for duplicating the JPs on both ends of the bone, but it makes things like this a PITA.

Now, if you want to want to have the joint change along with the morph, you'll need to setup animated JPs. I'm not sure what that requires, as I've never managed to sort out the formatting for that yet.