• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

On sale for Dawn NOW... etc...

Hornet3d

Wise
If the catalogs I have stored were anywhere near current, I would dearly love to go back to using it. However, since the scripts have been out of commission, and life has gotten more complicated for personal reasons, I just don't have time for entries by hand. I'd have years' worth of catching up to do. And now, even RDNA is gone, so... I just figure what little computer time I have is better spent re-building my runtimes, even if it means having to scavenge for old product pages at the likes of Daz and Renderosity.

No good building catalogues if the stuff is not in your runtimes to use. Runtimes must come first and then having fun creating art has to be next.

No good building catalogues if the stuff is not in your runtimes to use. Runtimes must come first and then having fun creating art has to be next.

Poser fun? I have distant memories of it being fun. Very distant, at this point. Those were the days... LOL

Hornet3d

Wise
Poser fun? I have distant memories of it being fun. Very distant, at this point. Those were the days... LOL

Luckily I have never had to build my runtimes from scratch but with the amount of content most people have I can well understand it must be a daunting task. It is something I dread, hence my multiple backup procedures in the hope I will never have to do so. It is a real shame though when, for whatever reason, the mechanics of a hobby distract from the fun of the hobby.

I used to build computers but these days all I want to do is switch them on and have them work, the building is no longer fun for me so I dread to think what I would do if I had to rebuild my runtimes from nothing.

The last time I had to re-build my runtimes, I hadn't been in the hobby relatively long and had a lot less content. Way more daunting now... Especially since I'm trouble-shooting everything before it gets final install be cause I want lean, mean trouble-free, and DS-clutter-free Poser runtimes.

Hornet3d

Wise
The last time I had to re-build my runtimes, I hadn't been in the hobby relatively long and had a lot less content. Way more daunting now... Especially since I'm trouble-shooting everything before it gets final install be cause I want lean, mean trouble-free, and DS-clutter-free Poser runtimes.

I can understand that, I custom install everything and strip out any DS specific content. I also strip out the readme files and the templates, they are still saved and backed up but they are separate to my runtimes.

I can understand that, I custom install everything and strip out any DS specific content. I also strip out the readme files and the templates, they are still saved and backed up but they are separate to my runtimes.

I put all documents, including readmes, licenses, tutorials, and so on in a "Readme" folder named for the product. I do delete most templates (they take up too much space and I usually save my own any way). Each product having a folder prevents older products' that have generic name of "readme.txt" over-writing each other, for one thing.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
That top is cute, and the shoes are flats. That's nice for a change.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Yeah, it's just adorable. I can't buy it right now (Bear is on his seasonal out-of-work period), but it's on my wishlist and I will pick it up as soon as I can.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I've gone a bit nuts with Karanta's dynamic dresses during the Black Friday sale at Rendo... her mesh is not quite as good as Lully's (Dawn's) but she does offer a lot of styles! I JUST went back and bought SIX more Karanta dresses...I'm hopeful that if I add many frames to the cloth sim (to relax the bust area to flat), I can even make 2 of the dresses work on Diva... !

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I have a number of Karanta's items. In fact I treated myself to her Casual Summer pants and top outfit for my b'day last month, and I'm liking it. Even have some thoughts about doing some of my own textures with it, in fact, I played with the Diffuse color for the pants for this render I did up yesterday. The top's texture is a freebie set Karanta also has available for Casual Summer

CasualSummer-SF.jpg