• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

OH lookie what just came out for Dusk!!

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Hey guys! glad to see you all are so happy to see this conversion kit out. It has been up for a bit on my own website but I just got it up on Rendo.

Hi there. So I have to say, I'm a little curious as to what this actually does. I'm pretty good with the fitting room (which I'm guess it uses based on the required Poser versions), but I wouldn't mind buying something to make life easier, but I'd like to know a little more about it first. I'm guessing from what it says about footwear, that part of what it has are poses to get things in the right position for the fitting room.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I think that would be one very popular product! Til now I've just used the older/non Harry ones as props and futzed them as I could, sometimes with a little postwork too.

Lyrra Madril

Eager
Contributing Artist
Hi Gadget!

Ok so I have made mmm four .. fitroom helper kits so far. Paul, Pauline, Dawn and Dusk

Each set has poses and magnets in them to help you convert clothing and footwear to the target figure from V4, M4, and so forth.

you CAN use them without the fitting room or in DS but you will have an extra two steps

1 - load the target figure , in this case Dusk

2 - make sure the position/pose of Dusk is zeroed. Check hip and body to be certain x y and z trans are set to 0. Also the figure should have no shaping morphs applied.

3 - load a clothing item made for m4. do NOT conform.

4 - The next part is the reshaping. First load the M4 to Dusk POSE onto the clothing. This should rescale and align the clothing to fit over Dusk in the zeroed position

5 - If the clothing now fits you can jump along to step 6. If the clothing still does not fit you should select the clothing item, and then apply the M4 to Dusk clothing magnet set in the props folder. This should reshape the clothing and leave none of the figure poking through. If the fit is still not right you may need to adjust the magnets, or use Posers morph brush to gently adjust the clothing mesh to fit better. I suggest using the Loosen brush set to a value of .1 and a large soft brush.

6 - The next step is the regrouping and rerigging, handled in Poser. If you do not have the Fit room or are in DS skip to the Optional Steps.

7 - Go to the fitting room. Start a new session. The clothing gets loaded into the first box. Turn OFF all the boxes. You want to keep the pose and deformations. Load Dusk into the second box with Zero pose selected, just to be certain

8 - Since the garment is already fitted all you need to do now is select create Figure and choose a name for the clothing item. I usually just add the figure name to the clothing name.

9 - Now a dialog box will come up asking you about rigging and morphs. I generally keep my rigging trimmed, but if you leave it at default nothing bad should happen. You probably want to turn Morph Transfer OFF and then turn ReGroup ON.

10 - After the dialog finishes, delete the session and return to the pose room. Please note .. this method leaves the new and the old clothing in the scene. Before you delete the old clothing I usually use the Transfer Morphs option to copy the clothings specialized morphs from the old to the new. This includes morphs like sway, loosen, puff sleeves, and so forth.

11 - Delete the old clothing now. Select the new clothing, conform to Dusk. At this point it is ready to use. You can also use the Transfer morphs tool to copy Dusks morphs into his shiny new clothing.

12 - Save this clothing into your Dusk clothing folder. Now you should be able to load this into your library whenever.

NOTE - This method does NOT save custom rigging like handles on long skirts and so forth. Also poser's autogrouping can do some odd things. Keep an eye on the thigh/hip joins as that is where most of the issues will come up.

Optional Steps that skip the Fitting room

1 - once the clothing item is posed and shaped around dusk, export the obj.

2 - you can now import this object and rig it as you would any Dusk item.

3 - in poser you should import the obj, go to the Setup room and apply rigging from your selected Dusk rig donor.

3a - in DS use the Transfer tool (dot with arrow) Dusk goes in the left box in the dialog, and the clothing in the right.

After rigging you will of course need to test joints, adjust as needed, add the materials back in, and add morphs.

It looks like a lot of writing, but the whole process is pretty fast. Most people can refit a clothing item in less than 10 minutes. I did the hard part for you with the reshaping, everything else is essentially paperwork :)

Please ask if you have any questions about individual steps !

Lyrra

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
It looks like a lot of writing, but the whole process is pretty fast. Most people can refit a clothing item in less than 10 minutes. I did the hard part for you with the reshaping, everything else is essentially paperwork :)

Nope, that makes perfect sense, and actually definitely let's me see it's value. Using the fitting room just for the rigging is a great idea, because usually I spend most of my time there making sure that the 'fit' process doesn't deform loose and flowing things (since I rarely use tight fitting items). I'll definitely have to get this. Thanks for the info.

Lyrra Madril

Eager
Contributing Artist
well once the thing is reshaped all that needs done is regrouping and rerigging. The Fit room does both automagically for poser users, but they can do it manually like I explained. Since DS groups and rigs with the transfer tool once you have the set reshaped it just like rigging anything else. For that matter .. since the poses and magnets (dformers) work in DS .. you should be able to do everything right there . Pose, magnet, export, import, rig. Its the old conversion hokey pokey :)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
That was what I was thinking also...I'm going to have to try and find some time to play with it. We have visitors staying at the moment.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
So I did go ahead and get this. I found that I wanted a way to get rid of the magnets once I was done with them. There's got to be another script out there that does this, but I didn't find it. So if anyone wants it, I uploaded a quick and easy DeleteAllMagnets script. That means that you do want to be sure to create a full body morph or you will loose all the work the magnets have done.

Poser - Delete All Magnets

eclark1894

Visionary
So quick question. Everyone says you can use the Fitting room for initial rigging. Will this work for that too? I've never done it anyway except the Set up room.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
So quick question. Everyone says you can use the Fitting room for initial rigging. Will this work for that too? I've never done it anyway except the Set up room.

Yep, I've been playing with it all morning. The instructions that come with this fitting set tell you how to use the Fitting Room to do this. Actually it's fairly easy if you have something that already 'fits' your character (say something you made) you just don't bother clicking the 'fit' button and go straight to Create Figure. It will let you choose the part of the main figures skeleton you want to use. If it's a weight mapped figure like Dawn or Dusk, you can then Copy Joints From to the new figure back in the Poser room, and that will get you most of the way there.

Lyrra Madril

Eager
Contributing Artist
There are a number of Delete Magnet scripts for poser, I use one by Ockham. Netherworks has some bundled in various of his cloth and hair conversion kits if you have those. Or you can ignore the whole issue and move right into the Fitting room to create the new cr2. When you delete the old clothing the magnets should go with it.

eclark - yes you can rig a conformer in poser in the fit room. Both the fit room and the setup room give you the option to auto regroup mesh during the process. HOWEVER .. poser isn't the brightest bunny ... so chance is that the hip and thigh groups will not be grouped properly to avoid splitting. So I would avoid this method for anything with legs, but shirts and long dresses are fine. To rig dresses I would suggest using an already rigged dress as the donor such as the MFD. I do most of my grouping using Auto Group Editor, which has a one click method that usually gets very close even on the hip region.

I have actually found the Fitting room is better for weightmapped figures than the Setup room. The weightmaps get transferred much more cleanly. Just remember if you have to change the mesh for any reason, you will need to rerig it again so the WM see the new vertice order. If you don't, the moment it moves you will get porcupine mesh.

LM

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
There are a number of Delete Magnet scripts for poser, I use one by Ockham. Netherworks has some bundled in various of his cloth and hair conversion kits if you have those. Or you can ignore the whole issue and move right into the Fitting room to create the new cr2. When you delete the old clothing the magnets should go with it.

I figured there were some scripts out there (it seemed to basic a thing not to exists) but a quick search didn't find any, probably because this is one of those times when you have way to many common words that can apply to things way outside the poser sphere. So I made my own :). It didn't occur to me that they would simply go away after I got rid of the original item.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I have made up my mind that I am going to really study hard and learn to use your fit room helper system really well! Using your Pose (I had to type that by hand because my Dragon speak heard me say that word and it shut down this page entirely! I work hard enough dictating without the darn thing mishearing me that way!) Anyway using that part as well as the magnets work on million times better than any clothing transfer program out there! As long as I stay away from the darn poser fit room-I mean using the actual bidding process-your system retains all the beautiful, delicate, details of clothing like buttons in lace and collars etc. The thing I have to teach myself is the exact process (and yes I got your tutorial as well as your little python to delete all magnets) of applying your magnets to a clothing like a pair of pants (the main reason that no other clothing transfer software can do without having that horrible upper thigh mesh mess!!) And ending up with an article of clothing ready for dawn or dusk. It's a special challenge to learn with my dyslexia but I've got all the tools so I can do this! :)

Lyrra Madril

Eager
Contributing Artist
Manual conversions almost always come out better than automatic .. the problem is that it takes time and patience (something that is often in short supply)

I've experimented with a lot of conversion processes over the years ... starting with victoria 1 clothes to victoria 3 .... but in the end it boils down to reshape, regroup and rerig. These days for my own work often I start with a fit pose and then use posers morph brush to reshape the mesh and then the fitroom to regroup and rerig. But that can't really be packaged :)

I'm dyslexic as well, thankfully not too bad. The dyscalculia is worse :p The number of times I've misgrouped or misrigged things because I flipped left and right ....

So good luck with that Lyne! I'm around for advanced hand-holding as needed :) Poser can be a temperamental beastie.

In other news the Hive testers have had the horse conversion set for a while, so it should come along to the store eventually.

LM