• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Nature's Wonders Sneak Peek Thread

Szark

Awesome
Now I have to go a buy Ultra Scatter Pro to make an image that just sprung to mind after seeing these and using these fishies. :p

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Thank-you for all the comments. The transparency added to the fins did wonders. It added just enough imperfection to add to the realism.

The Poser FF version is done, so I'll do the conversions for DS starting tomorrow and hopefully have this set wrapped up by the end of the weekend. Your seabirds will no longer go hungry.

Anchovy.jpg

DanaTA

Distinguished
They look sad...except for that one, second down from the top, on the bottom stack. He looks angry! It could be because his mouth is open, and the eye is partially covered by the fish above him.

Dana

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I sent off my stinky fish last week to HW's Quality Assurance team so they'll soon be available to feed your hungry birds, HW pets, Dawn and Dusk, or simply stink up your runtime.

I did this piece for the main promo image featuring some Greater and Lesser Scaups, a Redhead and Ruddy Ducks (all from SBRM Waterfowl2: Sea and Diving Ducks) foraging on Nerd3D's "Waves at the Beach" rendered in Iray.

iray-fishtin12.jpg

Szark

Awesome
looking good. ;)

and I just has some sardines on toast with ground black pepper corns, yummmmm

Last edited:

Harimau

Eager
For a future installment in your frogs series, I hope you will include this interesting family of frogs, the Glass Frogs. The glass frogs are a group of small arboreal frogs of the family Centrolenidae. The general background colour of most glass frogs is primarily lime green. The abdominal skin of some members of this family is transparent and the internal organs are visible through it. Here are some images:

glass_frog.jpg

glassfrog_hyalinobatrachiumtaylori_small.jpg

1146537435.jpg

Glass_frog_Cochranella-granulosa-e1415939130740_small.jpg
Cochranella_susatamai03.jpg
5237d974b7853d0d54137f02e0e60bca_f4724.jpg
Glass-Frog-Eggs-VIV149.jpg
59409_small.jpg