• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Nataani for Dusk

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I'm glad that the right folks have downloaded it. I turned Paul on to it and Alisa. Very useful but as stated in another thread I'm still waiting for feedback from Alisa about the new conversion attempt. Hoping it's golden finally...

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I seemed to be having issues even before the conversions. I'm not sure if there is a trick or what but my hands were a mess mostly with the poses I made. I like expression with hands and feet but for whatever reason my testers and Alisa were reporting (with screen grabs and renders) strange goings on with my hands but on my end they looked perfectly fine. So not sure why that was. I HOPE I have all of them corrected by now. Then in the first few versions of Casual's conversion script there were issues. Then I thought I had it done but Alisa wrote me and said allot of the ground poses were floating so then I asked Causal about if there was a way to include Trans and Rotations for the Hip region so he included another 12 check boxes in the 6th (and I Hope final) version for both Root and Hip to make sure all bases are covered. So reconverted and Dropboxed those to Alisa. Fingers crossed.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Alright. If you still run into problems on this last go-round with them, send me a PM either here or on FB. I might be able to help out.

The one thing I will tell you - when converting poses from DS to Poser - you have got to be able to get into a copy of Poser to test them out, because sometimes what puts a figure on the floor in DS will leave the figure slightly floating in Poser. Other times, depending on what dials you turned and how far above or below the default limits you went, you can run into issues on the Poser side.

In addition to that - at least in Poser - I find that many of my own poses need to have limits/IK turned off in order to apply properly. If that's not done, some poses will apply and the body will be entirely out of whack, or fingers/feet might be out of whack.

In any case - if you run into trouble on this last conversion, ping me here or on FB if you want or need some help with getting them converted. I'd be glad to help out if I'm able to and you need or want it.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I do own Poser Pro 2014 so I'm good there. I do test them out in Poser before uploading them but things seem really different from other's testing.

Thank you for the offer of help. If Alisa finds more issues I'll PM ya.

Thanks so much Seliah! I'm off to bed now.... The Goddess has her night winds howling madly these past nights!

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I just wanted to pop in here briefly. I know I've been a bit scarce on the forums for a little while now, but there's a very good reason for that.

I submitted Nataani's Poser package to QAV this morning, folks. :)

@Lyne - I know you were worried about Firefly vs Superfly mats. I just wanted to let you know that his mats are the same for both render engines. So, YES you can render him in Firefly, and I did multiple promos with BOTH render engines to show how he looks under each render engine.

I've been working on his promo renders/artwork, and I had to stay off the forums for the most part, or I would have gotten too distracted and not gotten the work done.

Anyway. I just wanted to post that little update. Hopefully he gets through QA with minimal fuss. ;)

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Hope he gets through Q&A without a hitch. I'm still in the process of learning Poser. Doing very well with it but it's not easy for old brains! lol

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Hope he gets through Q&A without a hitch. I'm still in the process of learning Poser. Doing very well with it but it's not easy for old brains! lol

Heck, Wolffie, it wasn't easy even for me back at 20/21 years old when I started in this hobby! LMAO It's a tough program to learn or re-learn, IMO. :)

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Heck, Wolffie, it wasn't easy even for me back at 20/21 years old when I started in this hobby! LMAO It's a tough program to learn or re-learn, IMO. :)
For sure but this time around it's easier for some reason. I've gotten Bruna's skin looking devine and her eyes, lips and nails shining. I just need a script to get partial lip options and I'm pretty much done with the mats. Got the morphs in and working great too! So its' going smoothly aside from a few little issues which the community here and at SM are being really helpful!

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
That's great to hear. I know it's tough. You do know that you can select only the surfaces you want affected when saving your .mc6 files, right? That's how I did all of Nataani's partial mat options.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Yes, but you cannot select just the specular nodes which are the nodes I need to make the lip gloss options. I think Joe, Netherworks, has a script that can do that. I wrote Alisa and asked her if she had any info on when he's going to open his store here...

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes, but you cannot select just the specular nodes which are the nodes I need to make the lip gloss options. I think Joe, Netherworks, has a script that can do that. I wrote Alisa and asked her if she had any info on when he's going to open his store here...
I've been watching your thread over at the SM forums, as I'm curious how you would do that as well.

As far as Joe goes, I don't think they have a date as yet. He's got a very busy full time job now, and hasn't found any free time to start getting some of his products into the store here.

BTW, which of his scripts are you looking for? I have a bunch of them, but also have a list of some others of his I want to get.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Thanks for the info hon. I think it's Mat Writer Pro or something like that...

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh I have that. You can use it to write mc6, pz2 and dsa material files. There's also an option you can check to make a thumbnail, but I usually render those separately so I can get what I want in the render. Otherwise they're so tiny you can't really see what's what.

I haven't played with it in PP11 yet, but it works a dream in P9, so I can only assume it works as easily in newer versions of Poser.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
I think Joe, Netherworks, has a script that can do that. I wrote Alisa and asked her if she had any info on when he's going to open his store here...

Unfortunately, I don't. He's been dealing with a lot of things and as soon as he's able to, he'll get things to us and I'll get them in the store as fast as I can.

RobZhena

Adventurous
Oh I have that. You can use it to write mc6, pz2 and dsa material files. There's also an option you can check to make a thumbnail, but I usually render those separately so I can get what I want in the render. Otherwise they're so tiny you can't really see what's what.

I haven't played with it in PP11 yet, but it works a dream in P9, so I can only assume it works as easily in newer versions of Poser.
It does now. SR4 fixed a problem with applying diffuse colors to surfaces.