• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Nataani for Dusk

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Okay, so the run-down on the Poser package is going to be as follows :

1 INJ
1 REM

1 Base MAT (must be applied first)

12 Head MATs
4 Torso MATs
2 Arm MATs
2 Leg MATs
20 Eye MATs

10 Full Body Poses
And multiple partials
Also a collection of Zero poses as well.

------------------------

I'm finishing up the library thumbnails now for what I have already completed, then I just have to save out the partial poses and do their thumbs.

OH YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good things come to those who wait! ;)

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Looking good, I like!

I'm glad it meets with your approval, Lorraine! LOL. It's so funny how each character has a body language that is distinctly their own, isn't it?

I really like the character - very good work!

Thanks so much! This is the process of getting him converted to Poser; the DS version is already available. Poser happened second because it's not my native software anymore, and I've basically been learning the software as I go with this character. :laugh:

OH YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good things come to those who wait! ;)

Yes, Lyne... I am sure trying to get you folks a version that works on your end! :)

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
I'm glad it meets with your approval, Lorraine! LOL. It's so funny how each character has a body language that is distinctly their own, isn't it?

Oh it does indeed meet with my approval, Seliah! And he does have a way all of his own ;)

And you have tried so very hard to bring him to our Poser peeps, I'm so glad you succeeded :)

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Haven't peered in here for awhile. Progress sounds AWESOME!!!

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
And one more new pose - this is the final one to fill out the 10th slot - this one was REALLY finicky to get right; Dusk does NOT like to bend his arms upward AT ALL.

Obviously, the hands will require manual adjustment to account for whatever hair or headgear you might have on him in a scene; I left them alone for this one, but in this case, I had to build the pose with Dusk bald, so.. take that into account when using this one.

Pose 07.png

Pose 07b.png

I'll get all the partials saved out soon. I'm also tracking down a couple of bad texture calls in the MATs as well.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Damn, he looks comfy in that latest pose. All he needs is a wall behind him, and he's all set. ;)

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
So, just to give people an idea - this is what the partial pose folders will look like. :) Should be nice and easy to know what you're loading, whether you go by the thumbnails or the file name.

upload_2016-4-29_22-13-58.png

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
So, this is the full package breakdown; all included files. All files are made (thank you again, Glitter, for the INJ!), and all library thumbnails are completed now. Tomorrow, I will get it zipped up and sent up to my Beta tester for testing. Once, and if, I can get the eye fix morph into a working INJ, I will update the product with that. Not sure when that will be done.

------------------

Dusk Poses - 130 poses

Full Body - 10
Head and Neck - 10
Upper Body - 10
Lower Body - 10
Arms (Both, Left, Right) - 30
Hands (Both, Left, Right) - 30
Legs (Both, Left, Right) - 30

Zero Poses - 17 utility poses

Full Body
Head
Neck
Upper Body
Lower Body
Arms (Both, Left, Right)
Hands (Both, Left, Right)
Legs (Both, Left, Right)
Feet (Both, Left, Right)
Toes (Both, Left, Right - you will need these to put shoes on him in some poses; easier than dialing each toe back to zero one at a time, believe me!)

MATS - 41

1 Default/Base MAT
6 Clean Head MATs
6 Dirty Head MATs
1 Clean Arm MAT
1 Dirty Arm MAT
2 Clean Torso MATs (one with hair, one without hair)
2 Dirty Torso MATs (one with hair, one without hair)
1 Clean Leg MAT
1 Dirty Leg MAT
20 Eye MATs (broken down to 12 Natural, and 8 Fantasy colors)

Morphs - 2

1 Full INJ
1 Full REM

(No partial head-only or body-only INJ/REM on this one, sorry. He's an all-or-nothing INJ; you can always dial out whatever parts of his morph you don't want by hand.)

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
WOW... How did you get all those poses over there hon?

The Zero poses I made natively inside of Poser.

The full body (main) poses were a different matter.

Poses 1-6 were easy enough; I just used the PFE script in DS to export them out of DS in .pz2 format. I adjusted the hands on the ones that used the cowboy hat, so that they looked good for NOT having the cowboy hat on the Poser side.

Poses 7-10 I built natively inside of Poser. The DS package, 7-10 were interactive poses with Harry, and no offense, I love you guys, but I was not going to go through another three weeks trying to get the positioning JUST RIGHT between Dusk and Harry or Dusk and the cowboy hat all over again. (The PFE did not save the positioning; only the body posing. I know. I tested it out. LOL)

Building poses is easy for me, and it's something I actually have a lot of fun with.

As far as the partial poses - once I had the base 10 built, it was just a matter of saving these natively within Poser, and selecting only the body parts I wanted to be saved in the partials. Not hard, just a little tedious. Partial poses are one thing that Poser definitely does better than Studio, though. Saving poses as a WHOLE, honestly, is much more streamlined in Poser than in DS. With DS you have to go through click-Hell to make sure you aren't saving control or movement morphs. You don't have that headache with the Poser process; you just select the body parts you want, and save.

I've been making partial poses for years - almost all of my freebie sets include at least an upper half and lower half set of partials. The market packages, I just break it down much further, so that folks have a little more versatility and can mix-and-match to their heart's desire when playing with them. And I always distribute zero poses to go with the partials. So if a package only has a full body, upper half and lower half partials, then I only distribute the full body, upper half, and lower half zeroes. For Nataani's pack, because I broke the partials down to individual limbs, I made sure to save partial zeroes to match.

The last thing I want to do is have to reset an entire ARM, when the only thing I need to start over on is one hand. And dialing out every segment of every finger on a hand is a right PITA... thus, the partial zeroes. ;)

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Cool. Check this out: mcjBatchDufToPz2 - mcasualsdazscripts7 He made this script for me. I THINK you can do partials with it to if you check off the "bones" option according to Casual. If you find the script useful please send him a little something! :)

Yep - Miss B linked me to it earlier. At this junction, it was a little too late for Nataani's set. ;) I have downloaded it, but haven't cracked it open yet to play with it. And I probably will send him something; he has helped us out a LOT over the years with all of his scripts. There are quite a few of his scripts that I have, love, and WILL NOT work without. LOL!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I already let her know about that when I saw your post about it in another thread. She was the first person I thought of when I saw your post. ;)

We just cross posted Seliah. :D