• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Nataani for Dusk

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Dragon isn't cooperating I meant stories to be told with art work to clarify

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Sorry you couldn't get the morph working, but he's looking pretty good as is, Seliah. Take a break, start another project, and maybe you'll get the morph working at a later date. I'm sure the update will be greatly appreciated, but for now, what you've gotten done in Poser is looking real good. ;)

Really coming along well I'm so glad… Even if we poser users can't have morphs we can dial our little hearts out to get close to your look! There are stories to be told with his dirty skin!

For right now, yes - it will be skin only. I think maybe I just need more time with the program before I'm going to be able to produce a working morph injection that will pass QA. I will update it with his shape as soon as I'm able to produce a working one, but I have no idea when that will be. Just know that eventually I will do it once I have figured out how in the blazes to do it.

It might just end up having to wait until I can afford the sidegrade to Pro.

Dragon isn't cooperating I meant stories to be told with art work to clarify

Lyne... :grouphug:

How many times do I need to say, don't worry about Dragon? :) You are communicating fine, and I have no trouble understanding anything you post. Do not worry! Okay? :)

@Glitterati3D @RobZhena I'm glad you all like him. I was a little worried about the dirty skin MATs at first.

---------

My Poser materials here are VERY, very simple. So, I am only making one set of MATs, as there are no advanced nodes or anything like that in the material room, and from what I can tell on my end, he renders pretty much the same in either Firefly or Superfly.

I'm sure some of you more advanced Poser folks can probably make him look a LOT nicer in the software than I can, but I figure at least this way it's enough to get your hands on the skin, and you can do as you wish with the materials from there. I still have to learn pretty much MOST of the material room functions yet, but this is hopefully enough to pass muster for now until I've gotten to that point. :)

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Okay - I have the head MATs thumbnailed, and some of the body MATs.

I also found that the PFE does do a fairly decent job with the Dusk-only poses. There won't be any poses involving Harry or the cowboy hat in this one - but I have converted a few, and added a couple more to fill up the remaining few spots.

I know the poses are not a big deal to most, but poses are one of the easier things for me to make, and well.. I have fun doing them, so I did a few for this anyway.

upload_2016-4-24_23-44-42.png

And this is one of the new ones :

upload_2016-4-24_23-51-4.png

And this is another of the new ones... obviously, you would want to either use a chair with higher arm rests, or else adjust the position of his hands and arms... but for some reason I liked the pose, so I kept it.

upload_2016-4-25_0-5-10.png

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
And this is one of the converted poses. I did some small adjustment on the one hand and fingers to account for NOT having the hat in his hand; the rest of the pose was fine in it's original state.

@Glitterati3D I think the shirt from the kilt matches up beautifully with the GQ slacks and shoes, too. :)

upload_2016-4-25_1-2-34.png

And another of the converted poses -- Note that I did have to adjust Dusk's hands and fingers out of the actual saved pose position in order to accommodate the pants. You will need to do the same depending on what clothing he's wearing in a scene, just as with any pose that has body parts placed close together.

upload_2016-4-25_1-36-26.png

I'll try to get renders of the other two new poses in a little bit... I'm running a couple more library thumbnail renders at the moment. :)

Ohhhhh, I'm really liking that second casual pose. Niiiiiice. :D

I'm glad you like it. That one morphed out of one of the hat poses, and then just kind of turned into something else entirely by the time I was done with it. :roflmao:

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Oh, yes, it does! Nice kit bashing!

Nice posing, too!

Well, you done good girl. :)

Thanks so much. :D

I actually was not going to worry about making poses with the conversion, since most folks were more wanting the skin and shape, but well... the Dusk-only DS poses converted basically fine, and I only had a couple of slots to fill up to make the even 10. So... yes, there will be poses.

---------------

And folks - you WILL have his INJ after all.

It will NOT have the eye fix morph, as I just can't figure out how to get the custom morph-brushed fix into an INJ, but you will have the rest of the shape, thanks to Glitter's help. She managed to get his INJ working properly, so it will be included in the package with many, many thanks to her.

Finally hitting the home stretch here. :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
YAY TRACI!!! That is such good news. Now when you finally figure out how to get the eye fix morph working, you can get an update into the store.

WOOT!!! I am one VERY happy Poser user. :D

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
I'm just sorry I let Seliah suffer so long trying to do the INJ files when I could have done them WEEKS ago in a few minutes using Creator's Toybox. Now, I'm embarrassed that I didn't think to help before Seliah went through all that pain.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Now when you finally figure out how to get the eye fix morph working, you can get an update into the store.

Yep. That is the plan. I just have to get a handle on Nerd's tutorial, I think. His is the only one I have been able to find anywhere about this. At the moment, I think it might just be a little beyond my skill level, but once I can get it working, I will put an update through, yes.

I'm just sorry I let Seliah suffer so long trying to do the INJ files when I could have done them WEEKS ago in a few minutes using Creator's Toybox. Now, I'm embarrassed that I didn't think to help before Seliah went through all that pain.

It's not a problem at all. I normally prefer to try and learn the "how do I" anyway. When I finally am asking for help on something, it's because I was not having any luck learning it and could NOT do it.

I just appreciate that you did it. So thank you, VERY much. :)

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Okay, so the run-down on the Poser package is going to be as follows :

1 INJ
1 REM

1 Base MAT (must be applied first)

12 Head MATs
4 Torso MATs
2 Arm MATs
2 Leg MATs
20 Eye MATs

10 Full Body Poses
And multiple partials
Also a collection of Zero poses as well.

------------------------

I'm finishing up the library thumbnails now for what I have already completed, then I just have to save out the partial poses and do their thumbs.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
You answered your own question. :)

The zeroes come in handy if you only want to start over on, say, a single hand, or just a foot, or just one arm.

Basically, they are utility poses. But when I distribute partial poses, I also distribute partial zeroes to go with them, because the point behind having partials is for mix and matching. Those who do mix and match often will further adjust from there, and the partial zeroes can save a LOT of time from having to set, for example - every single finger segment back to zero trans/rotation.

If you ask Lorraine, you'll find that I did the same thing with the DS poses, too. :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
You answered your own question. :)

The zeroes come in handy if you only want to start over on, say, a single hand, or just a foot, or just one arm.

Basically, they are utility poses. But when I distribute partial poses, I also distribute partial zeroes to go with them, because the point behind having partials is for mix and matching. Those who do mix and match often will further adjust from there, and the partial zeroes can save a LOT of time from having to set, for example - every single finger segment back to zero trans/rotation.

If you ask Lorraine, you'll find that I did the same thing with the DS poses, too. :)
OK, it occurred to me as I typed the question, it was the only reason I could think of for them, but just wanted to make sure there wasn't some other reason I just wasn't visualizing. Glad I got it right. ;)

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Just a quickie pose job - sort of a casual floor sitting here - this is one of the new ones that I'm still fine-tuning - the left underarm/shoulder area still needs a bit of work yet...

Pose 06.png

Pose 06b.png

Incidentally - this is another purpose for the partial zero poses - I tend to pose everything right down to the individual toes - so if someone wants to put shoes on Dusk in these poses, often times they'll need to zero the toes, if nothing else, otherwise the toes will poke out through the shoes. Enter the partial-zero. ;)

Last edited: