• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Nataani for Dusk

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Look what I did!!

The rough patch at the top of Nataani's eyes, where the eyelids and eyebrow/eye orbits were a bit wonky. Gone!

For comparison, this is what the upper eyelids/eye orbit/brow area looks like WITHOUT the fix morph :

I just used the morph brush to smooth out the upper part of the eyelids here, and I think they look a LOT better with this fix applied.

So uhm. How do I get the fix morph out of Dusk in a way that it can be injected and distributed legally? LOL

Good job! You OWN the morph. You created it. Save it in your injection pose and distribute away. You can set it to 1 so it is always applied when the injection is applied.

Good to see you experimenting with the morph brush.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
What if I wanted to have the morph able to be used separately, without Nataani? How would I go about doing that? Do I just zero all of Dusk except for the morph and do the whole text editing of the pz2 over again?

The reason I ask, is because I find that this is a common problem I have with Dusk's eyes, anytime his epicanthic folds are adjusted for anything resembling a mongoloid shape, the upper parts get that scrunched mesh look.. so I think the fix might be helpful to folks in other uses as well.

(Yeah, I know - so much for sleeping today. LOL)

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
What if I wanted to have the morph able to be used separately, without Nataani? How would I go about doing that? Do I just zero all of Dusk except for the morph and do the whole text editing of the pz2 over again?

The reason I ask, is because I find that this is a common problem I have with Dusk's eyes, anytime his epicanthic folds are adjusted for anything resembling a mongoloid shape, the upper parts get that scrunched mesh look.. so I think the fix might be helpful to folks in other uses as well.

(Yeah, I know - so much for sleeping today. LOL)

You need to get some REST!

Yes, you can distribute your own morph. I don't know much about making the INJ/REM files except creating them if I need to with Creator's Toybox.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
So, it looks like this is going to be the answer for isolating that fix morph :
Nerd3D - Content

Not sure how well it will work out for me as I've not tried to save, let alone inject, a custom morph on a figure like this before. But I'll give it a try just the same.

Dirt maps are probably not going to get their materials built tonight; I want to see if I can get a working INJ for that eye fix, first.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
One thing at a time Seliah. One thing at a time. We Poser users have waited this long, we'll wait a little longer. ;)

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
One thing at a time Seliah. One thing at a time. We Poser users have waited this long, we'll wait a little longer. ;)

Yeah; I'm focusing on the morph for tonight. I have NOT done this before, and I don't really fully understand what he's written on the site, but... can't really find any clear, plain-english tutorials on this, either... so I'm just kind of trying one thing and then another here. LOL

Miss B

CV-BEE
Trial and error. I can't remember how many times I've gone through that during a learning process, be it in 3D or in R/L.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Ooopse. Seems I had several pages unread when I replied. So, let's just pretend I didn't post.

Last edited:

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Okay... I need to do some more reading on this, I think. I'm at a loss for how to get the eye fix into the INJ for Nataani. So far I've had no luck at all, and I'm sure it's something I am doing wrong, I just don't know what I'm doing wrong yet. LOL

So leaving the fix morph aside for today - I'm focusing on the dirty skin materials instead. I want to get them done.

Once those are done, though, I'm left with JUST the morph thing... so if someone has any idea how I can get that eye morph into him - without referring to scripts that are currently unavailable and withtout using Pro features as I only have P11 standard - it would help immensely. I've gone through multiple sites at this point, and something is just not clicking here.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Aright. I give up on the morph. I've read everything I can find to read, I've posted in a couple of different places asking for help - so far, absolutely nothing I try is working. I give up. I can't reproduce the technique Nerd3D demonstrated, and I can't make heads or tails of the Dimension3D script that's supposed to be able to do this kind of an INJ (with the morph-brush eye fix). I'm done fighting with this - I've had enough.

The Poser side of this package is going to be skin only. If I can EVER get the morph to actually WORK - then I will update the product later on with the INJ. As it stands right now, I'm at a total loss, I'm fried on the subject, and I give up.

I finished the dirty skin option materials tonight. I'm going crash for a few hours of sleep, and then I will do the library thumbs, and the promo renders.

And that's going to be that. Sorry. :/

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
So, this is a P11 Firefly render with the dirty skin - body hair option, goatee option, and green eyes #2...

Skin Dirty.png

And a couple of close-up renders....

Face - goatee dirty and one of the green eyes - again, Firefly render -

Head Dirty 01.png

Hands - Palm first -

Dirty Hands 01.png

Top of the hand -

Dirty Hands 02.png

And legs -

Dirty Legs.png

And the feet, close up -

Dirty Feet.png

And a closer render of the legs (shins/knees) - also Firefly -

Dirty Legs 02.png

Miss B

CV-BEE
Sorry you couldn't get the morph working, but he's looking pretty good as is, Seliah. Take a break, start another project, and maybe you'll get the morph working at a later date. I'm sure the update will be greatly appreciated, but for now, what you've gotten done in Poser is looking real good. ;)

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Really coming along well I'm so glad… Even if we poser users can't have morphs we can dial our little hearts out to get close to your look! There are stories to be told with his dirty skin!