• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Nataani for Dusk

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Uh oh, it IS Pro only! Which NEVER made any sense to me.

It makes about as much sense as having the Export As Morph Injection being a Pro-only feature. It looks to me like they pretty much made anything that could possibly be a content creation tool Pro-only. It kind of grinds my gears a bit, because I know that people can pick up DS for free, and have pretty much most of their content creation tools right there on hand available and ready to use.

I understand what they're doing from a business perspective, and I know - I KNOW that I will need to do the sidegrade from P11 to PP11 eventually. But it has to wait until we can afford to do it. It's not a small purchase, even on sale pricing. The only reason I was able to even afford to move up to P11 is because I already owned P10, so when they had the big sale a little while ago, my sale price was on the upgrade cost, not a "brand new out of the box" cost... I ended up getting P11 standard for only $50. PP11 would have still cost me almost $200 even at upgrade pricing - way out of my reach at the moment.

I'll probably just hold out until they have another good sale, and hopefully it will be at a time where we can afford to drop the cash on it. I do want to move over to Pro eventually.

You'll have to use Morphing Clothes, or something like it, to transfer the morphs to clothing if you don't have the Pro version of Poser.

I do have Morphing Clothes, but all it does is crash on my system. I've never been able to get it to work. Wardrobe Wizard is another one that's cost-prohibitive at the moment. I have Crossdresser as well, but that one seems to crash *like clockwork* anytime I try to transfer any morphs into the clothing. So we'll see how it goes, I guess. It just makes no sense to me to have P11 standard have the "include morphs" option, when they didn't bother to give it the option to copy the morphs over. "Include morphs" when selected never seems to do ANYTHING.

Of course, this DS artist could also quite possibly be using it wrong, too. LOL

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
I understand segregating content creation to Pro only, but Copy Morphs From isn't solely about content creation.

A non-Pro user needs to be able to transfer character morphs to clothing especially given all the ZBrush created character morphs put on the market. It shouldn't be dependent on the vendor to shove every morph ever created into a pair of pants and a shirt. And, new characters are created and released every day.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
@Gadget Girl found what the exact issue is. And she's exactly right. The culprit is the FeetLength morph. If you dial in the FeetLength, the Right Hand Metacarpals/Fingers mesh immediately distorts. If you dial it back to Zero, the mesh distortion instantly goes away.

I don't know why this is. I don't know how the underlying problem can be fixed. A foot morph should NOT be affecting the hand, as far as what little I understand about figures and their rigging (and I admit that it's NOT MUCH that i understand).

So for the sake of getting this thing done and moving it forward, I'm just going to adjust his INJ file and remove the troublesome morph from his shape.

Two screens : First one is with the FeetLength morph dialed in at 0.564

upload_2016-4-19_21-38-11.png

And this is what happens when I set that same morph back to 0.000; instant fix.

upload_2016-4-19_21-38-26.png

This only happens in Poser, and ONLY when the FeetLength morph is applied, and it ONLY happens with the RIGHT HAND. Nothing else. The underlying issue probably needs addressing at some point in the future (why is a foot morph warping a HAND???) -- but for the sake of moving this thing forward and getting it done, I'm just going to yank the foot morph out of Nataani's shape.

Last edited:

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
So... moving forward with this again - making additional progress.

Eye materials are all done and saved - need thumbnails in the library.
INJ - have edited the FeetLength morph out. Need to edit all the X/Y/Z rotate and trans settings out so it doesn't move Dusk's pose or affect his world position when applied.
Working on clean skin materials tonight.

Poser 11 - Firefly render - Full Beard
(please ignore the smokey eye pupils area; that's a lighting thing. I changed the light position a little bit, and that went away immediately.)

Nataani Beard.png

Poser 11 Firefly - Goatee - Blue Eyes 01

Nataani 02.png

Poser 11 Superfly - Mustache 01 - Brown Eyes 03

Nataani 03.png

All renders are using Fabi's Mild Boreal lights. I can't get a Poser light rig to save my life.

You will need to make sure you set Dusk to Poser Unimesh Skinning method, otherwise his neck will look really wonky.
No bump maps are in use here - this is texture map, specular map, and normal maps only. For you Poser folks, this means it will reduce the size of your downloads a wee bit. :)

Materials are VERY straightforward and simple; I'm sure many folks can make him look much better in Poser than I can. I'm only distributing one set of MATs for him, because he renders in both Firefly and Superfly just fine without needing any MAT changes to accommodate the engine. The only real solid difference I notice between the two engines, is that in Superfly his skin comes out a little more pale than in Firefly, but that could well be my lack of skill with lighting, too. (And using Firefly lights in Superfly render engine, I suppose.)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ohhhh, those renders look great Seliah. ~rubs hands together in anticipation~

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Ohhhh, those renders look great Seliah. ~rubs hands together in anticipation~

Yes, finally, finally making some actual progress on this. LOL

I have all of the clean skin face MAT done now... these are the remaining three.

-----------------------

Poser 11 Firefly - Mustache 02 - Eyes Grey Light

Nataani 04.png

Poser 11 Firefly - Soul Patch - Yellow Eyes

Nataani 05.png

Poser 11 Firefly - Default (No facial hair) - Red Eyes

Nataani 06.png

-----------------

I need to adjust the rest of his skin settings to match the shoulders/torso in these renders, and then I can call the Base MAT done as well, and can move on to the dirty skin options.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Mouth/Gums/Tongue...

Nataani Detail 05.png

Not very happy with the teeth still... don't know what else to do with them, though. Might just be lighting related, too.

Face/Jaw detail - first no hair, second one with full beard

Nataani Detail 06.png

Nataani Detail 07.png

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
And torso - with hair, and without hair... no hair is default, just like in the DS version...

Nataani Detail 08.png

Nataani Detail 09.png

That pretty much covers tonight's work. LOL. Detail renders are all Firefly; lights are all Fabi's.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Glad you got it fixed. He looks great in Poser!

Well, just to be clear.. it's not fixed. The underlying issue is still there. All I did was work around it. I had to completely drop the one morph out of Nataani's shape for Poser in order for it to work.

But yes. He's coming along. :) I've got all of the clean skin MATs done, and the eyes done now. I have to do the dirty skin options and the library thumbnails, and then it's time to pack it up for Beta and promo work. He's getting there, finally. :D

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Look what I did!!

The rough patch at the top of Nataani's eyes, where the eyelids and eyebrow/eye orbits were a bit wonky. Gone!

Nataani EyeFix 01.png

For comparison, this is what the upper eyelids/eye orbit/brow area looks like WITHOUT the fix morph :

Nataani EyeFix 02.png

I just used the morph brush to smooth out the upper part of the eyelids here, and I think they look a LOT better with this fix applied.

So uhm. How do I get the fix morph out of Dusk in a way that it can be injected and distributed legally? LOL