• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Nataani for Dusk

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Shouldn't have to as in DS you didn't need to realign the rigging so it should be the same in Poser I would think.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Shouldn't have to as in DS you didn't need to realign the rigging so it should be the same in Poser I would think.

That's my thinking also, Pen. But since nothing else I've tried so far has worked, I'm just kind of exploring other possibilities as well.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
**hic cup** ME... I can't even get up off of the floor to look over your shoulder.. HEY, who are you? Where am I? WHO am I? *thud*

...not like you'd have to look up very far. You're probably way taller than I am. :p

------------

Okay - I've sent out a call for help to Paul. I hate pestering him when I know he's got so much on his to-do list! But this is basically the hail-mary here. >.<

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Well, I made a little bit of progress on this. I do have the INJ to a state that it's no longer altering the body's pose/position, nor moving Dusk around on the world plane. That's a start.

It's still not applying the head morphs properly, and it's still scrunching up the mesh of the right hand (albeit a LOT less severely than the prior INJs were doing). But at least it's no longer moving Dusk around the world space when applied. LOL

Glad you made some progress.

Poser 11 standard has a Setup room... which.. I have no idea how to use, and should not NEED to use it on this morph. It does NOT have the Fitting room; that's a Pro-only feature.

Nataani is completely dialed in. There was NO sculpting or any kind of external modeling work done for his shape.

With the Poser morph, I hand dialed ALL of his morph values in. Then saved that as a .cr2. This .cr2 (which has the exact same values dialed in!) does not exhibit ANY mesh issues at all - the hands look completely normal. The fingers scrunch up ONLY on the RIGHT hand - and ONLY when the shape is achieved via an INJ. If you dial in all of the same values by hand, there is no mesh distortion at all.

But why would it affect only two fingers on only ONE hand? If it was weight mapping at the joints with the control morph dials in use, then wouldn't both hands be affected? This is only affecting the right hand. Not the left, and no other part of Dusk is showing any mesh distortion of any kind.

So I'm about to dive back into the problem, but this did make me think of something. Dusk's weight maps and JCMs may not be completely symmetrical. I was warned when trying to make a shirt conform that the right arm can be especially tricky if the shirt doesn't fit quite right under the arm. I suppose this could apply to those two fingers as well. Why this would only matter in Poser I don't know.

That being said, I agree you shouldn't need the setup room for what you are doing. That's more if you were rigging a figure from scratch.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Glad you made some progress.

So I'm about to dive back into the problem, but this did make me think of something. Dusk's weight maps and JCMs may not be completely symmetrical. I was warned when trying to make a shirt conform that the right arm can be especially tricky if the shirt doesn't fit quite right under the arm. I suppose this could apply to those two fingers as well. Why this would only matter in Poser I don't know.

That being said, I agree you shouldn't need the setup room for what you are doing. That's more if you were rigging a figure from scratch.

Dusk's rigging is not even close to symmetrical. I never even bother copying weight maps.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Dusk's rigging is not even close to symmetrical. I never even bother copying weight maps.

Perhaps this is part of why the morph is such a problem. GG mentioned that the FootLength morph was affecting the right hand metacarpals as well.

Hmmm, maybe that's why when I turn on symmetry when weight mapping I get two different things happening when I'm done.

I'm pretty sure that if his rigging is not symmetrical, then copying the weight maps from one side to the other would most likely not work. At least, logically speaking, that would be the conclusion I'd come to in that case... and if it's that hard to rig for him, it does explain why he just doesn't have a lot of clothes yet, as well.

Yeah - check what Glitter said above. And why it would only matter in Poser and not DS, I have no idea - but I had NO issues whatsoever with producing his shape preset in DS. That was the quickest part of the entire process for me.

On the Poser side, it is turning into the biggest headache out of the entire mess, and I'm seriously re-thinking on whether or not I want to ever venture into trying to do Poser content for these figures again until it's sorted out. I can't even get clothes to FIT him in Poser - how the heck am I supposed to do promo renders? Even with all the morphs injected to the clothing; nothing fits him except for Glitter's kilt. The skinny jeans look HORRID, I have to turn off visibility for both of his legs just to get him into the jeans. And that's after injecting the jeans' morphs into the clothing...

Poser is not my native program. I only barely understand what I'm doing in it, and tacking in an advanced set of underlying issues with the figure itself is not making it any easier for me to figure it out. If I do come near it again after this, it is very likely going to be an understood skin and materials-only thing until I have a MUCH better, and MUCH more efficient solution for saving/creating these INJs. This is nuts!

I'm also still waiting to hear back from Paul. I know he's really busy, so I'm assuming it could be a while before he has a chance to see the PM, let alone respond.

In the meantime, I'm just moving forward with the materials. If the issue can't be solved, then I'll release just the materials/skin on the Poser side. I was just hoping to be able to release the complete skin+morph pack is all, as I've gotten feedback from a few folks who wanted the shape as well as the skin. But I suppose, in a worst case scenario, I could always update the product down the road with the morph if I can ever get it working...

So, I'm moving forward with materials work, and waiting to hear back from Paul for now.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
On the Poser side, it is turning into the biggest headache out of the entire mess, and I'm seriously re-thinking on whether or not I want to ever venture into trying to do Poser content for these figures again until it's sorted out. I can't even get clothes to FIT him in Poser - how the heck am I supposed to do promo renders? Even with all the morphs injected to the clothing; nothing fits him except for Glitter's kilt. The skinny jeans look HORRID, I have to turn off visibility for both of his legs just to get him into the jeans. And that's after injecting the jeans' morphs into the clothing...

I don't have the skinny jeans, but my GQ Male set and the NA set fit him well once I transfer the morphs. The key to "instant" fit on any of the clothing is in the properties menu - make sure all the items are checked in the When Conforming section.

Here's the (capeless) PNW set and Ken's Western Set on the Nataani you sent me for testing. I just copied the morphs to the clothing and ensured all the options in When Conforming were checked.
WhenConforming.jpg

NataaniPNW.jpg

NataaniKenWestern.jpg

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Yeah, I always have those options selected when conforming, but it just doesn't seem to conform properly.

How do I copy the morphs over to the clothing? I've never done that before.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Yeah, I always have those options selected when conforming, but it just doesn't seem to conform properly.

How do I copy the morphs over to the clothing? I've never done that before.

Select the clothing item on the dropdown menu - Clothing>Body

Then Figure>Copy Morphs From and select Dusk from the dropdown

When you get the selection popup, uncheck Dusk (to clear all the morphs being preselected) and choose the morphs from the BODY LIST only. The morphs will propagate to the necessary body parts automatically, so only BODY is necessary to copy.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Thank you! I will definitely give that a try when this render is done. Hopefully that feature is not another "Pro-only" feature. I'll find out when the current render has finished. :)

I assume that the clothing should be conformed to Dusk before trying to perform the copy?

Thanks!

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Thank you! I will definitely give that a try when this render is done. Hopefully that feature is not another "Pro-only" feature. I'll find out when the current render has finished. :)

I assume that the clothing should be conformed to Dusk before trying to perform the copy?

Thanks!

Uh oh, it IS Pro only! Which NEVER made any sense to me.

You'll have to use Morphing Clothes, or something like it, to transfer the morphs to clothing if you don't have the Pro version of Poser.

And, yes, conformed, then Copy Morphs.