• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

My mother is stage 4

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Prayers sent, cousin @Rokket .
Thank you cousin! I have a lot of people praying for her.

So sorry to hear, @Rokket

It's almost a year since I lost my mom to cancer. I feel for what you're going through. Hugs to you and your mom. You'll be in my thoughts.

They told her they have a treatment plan that should give her more time. She had to go in and talk to them about it. It's her decision, but I hope whatever they tell her will at least give her hope.

Oh, gosh Rokket. I'm so sorry! Cancer is awful. :( I feel for you. My stepmother beat hers for a third time last year..

I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts. Take care of you and yours...

I hope and pray my mother beats it too. She is only 67, and I am not ready to lose both parents. I lost my dad in 2010. It still hurts.

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
I am so sorry to hear this. My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family.
Big hug. :grouphug:

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Thank you, pom!

I am flying home on the 7th. I just found out my mother has been playing this one close to the chest. I was the first one she told, and only my baby sister was in the loop. The others are finding out because I am telling them I am coming home for mom. So now two of my sisters are balling like a hungry baby.

Life can be really difficult.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I agree. I have a pretty big group praying for my mom, including an entire church in San Diego.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
My heart goes out to you and your mother. I hope this treatment plan works it's magic. Hugs!

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I am with my mother now. She has good days and bad. Today is kind of bad, but not like the first day I was home. I won't go into details, but it wasn't pretty. She has the port put in for the chemo treatments, so that's a plus. But they haven't called her about her treatment schedule yet. I may get on the phone and give them a piece of my mind.

She picked up a bit since her eldest is home. I am happy about that.

Terre

Renowned
I just found out that my mother has stage 4 lung cancer. She has two types in her lungs and also in her hip. It is spreading. They are going to scan her brain to find out if it got there.

They have a treatment plan, but haven't discussed it with her yet. I am going to have to fly home. I am a hot mess right now. Prayers, please. And thanks to this great community for all of your support.
Rokket, can she get into one of the trials going on at this place? Cancer Treatment & Cancer Research | MD Anderson Cancer Center My former boss' dad is stage four lung cancer and is doing very well. I have no idea how any other patients are doing. He's in one of the trials for immunotherapy and radiation.

My sympathies and apologies for not seeing this earlier. I tend to not wander around the forums much.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
She picked up a bit since her eldest is home. I am happy about that.
An ailing person's frame of mind makes a big difference when faced with this level of ill health. Here's hoping she continues to "pick up" while you're home.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
She goes in to start the radiation therapy on her hip first, starting tomorrow and then every day for two straight weeks. the chemo for the lungs is later on. I may or may not be here by the time she starts that, but I will be keeping her in my prayers. We as a family told her to fight with all she has. None of us is ready to lose her.