• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Most commonly used figures?

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Not surprisingly, I use my own products the most. When I do a rare human oriented render, Hivewire's figures are used ;)

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
Hmm... never tried to fit props to a bird. Maybe I should start. A sparrow or pigeon might look cool in sunglasses. I have fitted a denim jacket to a gekko (just can't find the results right now).

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh, well if you find it HaiGan, please post it, as I think a gekko in a denim jacket would be a fun render to see. ;)

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Sadly I have to report I don't use much these days as I've been concentrating on learning more about iRAY, 3DL and 3DL AWE (by wowie, an extension of 3DL that gives close to iRAY render results). Lately I've been working on finishing up my Gino character for Genesis 8 Male. Another market test to see where I belong in all this. I had to give up using Dusk and Dawn as MOST of the support is for Poser and I'm a dedicated DAZ Studio user.

I am very very interested in Dusk and Dawn 2.0 though so if Chris and Co want or need me to do some work on the Studio side of things I'm there! YUP!

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
In order of most-used to least for my own personal work as an artist :

Genesis 1
G3F/G3M
M4/V4
Dawn/Dusk
Generation 3's (M3/V3/Mil Preteens/Mil Preschoolers, Steph 3/David 3 etc)
G2F/G2M
G8F/G8M
Generation 2's (work very well as background filler humans for big scenes)
Poser 4 Female/Male (love these for background filler humans)

As a creator, order of most-used to least used :

G3F/G3M
Dawn/Dusk
V4/M4
G8F/G8M

----------------------

I'm a super hard sell, though, with most products as I can make a lot of my own goods just fine by myself these days. I'm not the typical end user/customer anymore, and I'm not the type of buyer that the marketplaces are aimed at.

But I'm pretty much a "I like them all!" kind of girl when it comes to the figures we have available. LOL I use everything I have. Daz and HW both, and I suspect LaFemme will be coming into her place on this list eventually, too, even though she's Poser-only.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Well I mainly used animals lol. But for people I use Dawn and Dusk and G8.