• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

More Blender Addons...

eclark1894

Visionary
I found this a few weeks ago, but wish I'd have found it a couple of years ago. The Add-on comes with Blender 2.79. It's called Archi-mesh and it is AWESOME.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I've not heard of this add-on either, and just found several other tutorials for it at YouTube. Definitely something to check out.

Well, out of curiosity, I just checked my Blender 2.78, and it's listed, so it's been out for a while. Interesting for sure.

Lobo3433

Admirable
ArchiMesh is a combo of two addons that use to be separate the actual Archimesh and Measureit they are both great and became fully part of Blender in 2.77 You can use it to create floor plans and design just about anything if your interest a great tutorial series with detailed how to use this addon I would highly recommend this tutorial over at Udemy I know it is not free but it is on sale currently for 10.99 and you will go thru all of its tools in great detail Master Architectural Visualization with Blender 3D the instructor has numerous courses and I personally think he is one of the best teachers to walk you thru using this tool

Miss B

CV-BEE
WHOA! I have a $5 credit at Udemy, but hadn't found anything I wanted to spend it on. Now I have something interesting to try, though I haven't finished my other Blender class at Udemy . . . yet. ;)

Have you taken this class Lobo? Is a fair number of the beginning lessons good for folks who haven't used Blender before? I ask because I have a friend who's used Hex and Silo, but never got into Blender, and is now interested in this Archimesh plugin.

Lobo3433

Admirable
Yes I am taking the class right now I have taken just about all his particular classes have not finished them all but am currently doing the one I added the link for above if included some images of what I have done currently doing the dinning area have most of the kitchen done and it is not using the addons but also includes the modeling of all the furniture creating a blueprint so you set up your lay out also using layers to make your work space and flow more productive it is I think his best course thus far

Clipboard01.jpg
Clipboard02.jpg
Clipboard03.jpg

Reactions: Nod

Miss B

CV-BEE
Looking great Lobo, thanks for the screenshots. What I'm really interested in is . . . are the beginning lessons about the Blender UI? Will someone who hasn't worked in Blender be able to do this course comfortably?

eclark1894

Visionary
One thing I'd like to know though. I like how it makes doors, and windows (I think), but need to find out how to add the windows and doors to the walls, and whether or not they even work.

Lobo3433

Admirable
To answer Eclark question yes it will add windows and doors and will add the Boolean Modifier to the stack also so if you plan on exporting to another application like Daz Studio or Poser you will need to apply the modifier first prior to export and then do the rigging for the door or windows in the respective application. Rowan as to the addon working in the Blender Sensi UI this addon comes default with the current version of Blender it will need to be activated from the user preferences as to it's functionality in the Blender Sensi UI I can not comment on it I tired the Blender Sensi UI when it first came out and it made it rather difficult to follow other tutorials so I reverted back to the default UI and changed some color settings in the theme editor to make it more productive for myself. And MissB yes I feel that even someone who has never touched Blender would be able to follow and benfit from the course I mentioned above and the instructor has 2 free courses that would be considered introductory courses and they are free

Miss B

CV-BEE
I'm another Blender user who's so used to the default UI setup, with variations on color scheme, that I'm not sure I'd want to try the Sensei UI. That said, however, it looks like they have some good topics covered in that crash course, so if they're able to be followed using the Blender default UI, then those tutorials might be very useful.

Lobo3433

Admirable
Lucky Blender is so adaptable this is one of those instances that having multiple versions of blender set up can come in handy I know I posted this sometime ago but for anyone interested here is a PDF tutorial on how to set up multiply instances of Blender and then you can just customize each to suit your purpose or try out new set ups like the Sensi UI Jose E Velazquez on Gumroad this is a free tutorial in PDF format

Robynsveil

Admirable
Just got on Udemy - since I'm a member - to see if there's a course on scripting for Blender. If you type blender in the search bar, 247 courses come up! :)

Lobo3433

Admirable
I have found Udemy has some great courses but there is one course creator I will warn you about becuase he has a few course that look good but are actually rehashing the same thing with different titles and would be throwing money away so anything by Joe Baily I would stay away from

Miss B

CV-BEE
Just got on Udemy - since I'm a member - to see if there's a course on scripting for Blender. If you type blender in the search bar, 247 courses come up! :)
Hey Robyn, I had signed up for a course called Automate Blender with Python - Give Yourself Superpowers, taught by Ben Tristem, but unfortunately he's no longer teaching the class actively. I haven't gotten around to taking it (I'm signed up for several other classes), but I have lifetime access, so I can still access it, but there's no activity in the class.

Ben Tristem, and another of my instructors, Michael Bridges, have a forum at GameDev.tv, so that class is "archived". I suppose, I can still read the old forum posts, but no one will be actively there to answer any questions if I have any.

Other than that, I don't know of any other Python classes related to Blender. I also signed up for a basic Python class, because even though I have a lot of scripting experience, I wanted to get used to the Python syntax before delving into the Blender class. I was also hoping scripting for Python would give me some knowledge for scripting for Poser, but that's another story. ~LOL~

Are you currently taking any classes there?

eclark1894

Visionary
To answer Eclark question yes it will add windows and doors and will add the Boolean Modifier to the stack also so if you plan on exporting to another application like Daz Studio or Poser you will need to apply the modifier first prior to export and then do the rigging for the door or windows in the respective application. Rowan as to the addon working in the Blender Sensi UI this addon comes default with the current version of Blender it will need to be activated from the user preferences as to it's functionality in the Blender Sensi UI I can not comment on it I tired the Blender Sensi UI when it first came out and it made it rather difficult to follow other tutorials so I reverted back to the default UI and changed some color settings in the theme editor to make it more productive for myself. And MissB yes I feel that even someone who has never touched Blender would be able to follow and benfit from the course I mentioned above and the instructor has 2 free courses that would be considered introductory courses and they are free
I found the Boolean modiefier, but from what I can see it doesn't do anything. But there's a problem. I found what was called the AutoBoolean. I watched the Blender Guru video and it was called Auto hole but it's not located in the same place, so I can't even find that one.

I did find out though that Blender has added a raft of new shapes to it's Mesh drawer. I didn't put all of them but here are a few you view.

Attachments

• Blender.png
    Blender.png
    55.1 KB · Views: 338

Miss B

CV-BEE
Ohhh, that terrain mesh looks interesting. Where exactly is the "Mesh Drawer"? I don't recall it, though have probably seen it, and just forgotten about it. If I don't use something regularly, it gets forgotten easily.

eclark1894

Visionary
Ohhh, that terrain mesh looks interesting. Where exactly is the "Mesh Drawer"? I don't recall it, though have probably seen it, and just forgotten about it. If I don't use something regularly, it gets forgotten easily.
I call it a drawer, but it's the list of meshes that Blender normally has. The add-on meshes are added to that list.

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
hover mouse over the main window and go shift-a (or maybe that's only for blender sensei interface...)

That brings up the list.

Otherwise, there's a menu somewhere.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I call it a drawer, but it's the list of meshes that Blender normally has. The add-on meshes are added to that list.
Sorry Earl, but I'm still confused. Are you talking about the Add > Mesh menu, because that only lists the Plane, Cube, Circle, UV Sphere, IcO Sphere, Cylinder, Cone, Torus meshes Blender has always supplied by default.

Are you talking about add-on meshes you downloaded from somewhere?

Miss B

CV-BEE
hover mouse over the main window and go shift-a (or maybe that's only for blender sensei interface...)

That brings up the list.

Otherwise, there's a menu somewhere.
Yes Shift+A works with the default Blender UI, but I'm still only seeing the meshes I listed above in my response to Earl. The Menu is Add > Mesh, which gives the same list of available meshes, plus a grid and Suzanne, though who would want to use Suzanne is beyond me. Reminds me of Poser's Andy. ~shakes head~