• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Mischief and other things

Hornet3d

Wise
They have social Security so messed up now, so my daughter had to go back to work against doctor's orders.
I just hope his predictions of what will happen if she continues to work does not come true.
He said she could end up in a wheel chair for life within 6 months to a year if she keeps working.
she has a nasty spinal problem.

I feel a need to earn some money too, at least 100.00 a month but don't know how I can do that as I can't work out side of the home.
Can't answer phones, can't be on my feet more than a few minutes so don't know what I can do...sigh.
I tried the Amazon Mechanical Turk thing and it isn't working out.
Gotta try something, somehow.

I hope the worst does not happen to your daughter and you come up with a plan.

The guy I purchased my model engines from, and has since become a family friend, had a similar diagnosis many years ago. He was a plumber/central heating installer and thus was often getting into tight spaces and putting his body in strange poses in order to do the work. He was given the same time scale and possible result so, as he was already supplying model engines to fellow enthusiast as a hobby, he gave up plumbing and opened a model shop. He met his now wife through the change as she was helping with the books and they ran the shop together for some twenty odd years and are in the process of retiring this year. He avoided the wheel chair but has still suffered with problems both with his neck and shoulders but on the whole has been fairly active. I am sure he made the right move when he changed professions.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
She is trying to get a business started, making organic soaps, shampoo, candles and such.
At present she has a small base of customers interested but needs to get more supplies and a little free time.
I'm hoping it works out so she does not need to be on her feet all day or doing any heavy work.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Had a terrible night, bad flare and lots of pain, no sleep.
But still productive, finished getting promos sized correctly and files zipped, submitted to Rendo and then files edited that needed it.
Now the product is live there.
Also worked on one of the Bejeweled sets, trying to get it all done, just need to get my promos ready and zip the files, then submit here.
But mother nature, notice the nay in that name, says time to stop.
We have severe storms all around us, over us and noisy as well!
Mother Nay-ture says nay to anything online so guess I will watch a movie or read a book on my tablet.

Hornet3d

Wise
Had a terrible night, bad flare and lots of pain, no sleep.
But still productive, finished getting promos sized correctly and files zipped, submitted to Rendo and then files edited that needed it.
Now the product is live there.
Also worked on one of the Bejeweled sets, trying to get it all done, just need to get my promos ready and zip the files, then submit here.
But mother nature, notice the nay in that name, says time to stop.
We have severe storms all around us, over us and noisy as well!
Mother Nay-ture says nay to anything online so guess I will watch a movie or read a book on my tablet.

Hope you feel better soon and that you enjoyed your movie or book.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I did enjoy the movie, or last of the series.
Pain has eased again and soooo happy about that.
We had very hard storms last nigh, went on most of the night.
I see some sunshine today, don't know how much tornado damage was done throughout the counties but there were sightings last I checked.
I sue hope none touched down anywhere.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
The little trip to Slovenia in September is called off.
My brother said his doctor told him that his diabetes is back and bad, too bad for him to take a 15 hour plane trip.
His doctor told him he should not go.

I've been worried too as my oxygen, heart and BP has been up and down.
I will have a followup soon but this time it is with my primary, not his consul doctor.

And it makes me so weak I can hardly walk now so the doctor with my virtual care team is putting me back with physical therapy.
They are not happy that my consult doctor said I need to do more aggressive exercise with me being a fall risk with bone loss.
He said I need to lose weight because I'm obese.
Yes, I am still overweight but I did not gain that weight by lack of exercise or overeating, I was on Prednisone for about 6 years and shot up to 182 lbs. from 138 pounds.
I was weaned off it 3 years ago due to mini strokes and am now down to 158. lbs.
So much more of his remarks will get his chubby little butt kicked...lol

Just walking about a 3 block distance caused my feet and legs to swell, especially the ankles.
I nearly screamed every time I had to get up on my feet after that.
Still hurting.

I have been only working on my projects two or three hours at a time with breaks in between because my hands are bad too.
But I will eventually get my products done and ready for the store one day soon. :)

Hornet3d

Wise
The little trip to Slovenia in September is called off.
My brother said his doctor told him that his diabetes is back and bad, too bad for him to take a 15 hour plane trip.
His doctor told him he should not go.

I've been worried too as my oxygen, heart and BP has been up and down.
I will have a followup soon but this time it is with my primary, not his consul doctor.

And it makes me so weak I can hardly walk now so the doctor with my virtual care team is putting me back with physical therapy.
They are not happy that my consult doctor said I need to do more aggressive exercise with me being a fall risk with bone loss.
He said I need to lose weight because I'm obese.
Yes, I am still overweight but I did not gain that weight by lack of exercise or overeating, I was on Prednisone for about 6 years and shot up to 182 lbs. from 138 pounds.
I was weaned off it 3 years ago due to mini strokes and am now down to 158. lbs.
So much more of his remarks will get his chubby little butt kicked...lol

Just walking about a 3 block distance caused my feet and legs to swell, especially the ankles.
I nearly screamed every time I had to get up on my feet after that.
Still hurting.

I have been only working on my projects two or three hours at a time with breaks in between because my hands are bad too.
But I will eventually get my products done and ready for the store one day soon. :)

I am really sorry to hear that the trip is off. Lets hope your health and that of your brother improves so that the trip is possible at a later date.

Weight is a constant problem for me not helped by the fact the insulin tends to encourage weight gain. They changed my medication a couple of years ago when I was at 229 lbs and I managed to drop to 201 lbs but seemed to get stuck at that and even now I am 198 lbs still massively overweight and I struggle to keep at that weight. This is despite the fact walk twice a day and walk with a walking club one day a week, most weeks. I used to exercise but I have not done much this year as building the summer house and revamping front and back gardens has not given me the time. On the other hand I have been doing a lot of digging, carrying railway sleepers around, and cutting down the odd tree. Now with those jobs pretty well complete I will return to doing exercise but I am not expecting that the change my weight much. What has changed is I have lost almost three inches of my waist... go figure. I have to avoid fatty food as they have discovered I have a fatty liver so no pies or indeed anything with pastry. Being diabetic I have to stay on low sugar foods and avoid the ones that have more fat because they are low in sugar. I try to prepare most of my meals at home so I do not add salt and only have meat about once a week and that is always something with little fat.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Yeah, I was found to have the fatty liver thing...ugh.
But the daughter has me pretty well on healthy, no refined sugar foods.
I was at the pre-diabetes stage but no i is clear on that, still trying to lower the cholesterol and weight.
In my family when you hit middle age the weight suddenly appears and after that it is hard to lose it.
And when they give meds that cause weight gain even exercise will not help.
My brother was naughty after they told him he was no longer diabetic, he started eating the sweets again.
Now it is back and bad.
I tend to leave the sweet goodies alone, once every 3 months or so the daughter gets me some bakery donuts.
My limit is two of them and that is it.
I do get a little low fat, no sugar ice cream now and then, ice cream would be my downfall if I got out and got it on y own....lol.
But it sounds to me as if you are fairly active and if exercise helps with weight loss any kind should do it.
Doing work around the house, rebuilding, fixing or cleaning, yard work all burn calories.

Some of us just do not lose the weight as easy as we gained it. :)

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I know I have not posed here in a bit, been either busy or not well.
And now with heat waves rolling in on us and trying to smother us, ugh!
These heat waves have murderous intentions and it is hard to fight them off when AC like a stupid weak dullard over it.
But being a stubborn old gal I will outlast the heat wave just to be contrary...hahahaha!

Hornet3d

Wise
Southern part of the UK is also having high temperatures, for us at least. Today is 32 degrees with 34 degrees forecast for London and it is said to get hotter tomorrow. I know that is not high compared with other parts of the world but it is unusual for the UK and therefore the majority of homes are not equipped with air con of any sort. Some of the higher cost houses do but even there most are a retro fit after the build particularly if they are more than a few years old, due mainly to two factors, the change in the weather and the fact air con units are much cheaper these days. We have neither the room or the budget for a full system but luckily we were able to afford a mobile unit for the bed room a few years ago so we can sleep. last year I was able to afford a unit for the room I use for my computer, not only to keep me cool but also look after my computer which generates a lot of heat when rendering.

The heat has a particular negative effect on me thanks to my age and the lack of energetic work or exercise means my sugar levels are hard to keep control of, not that I have much control even when the weather is a lot cooler.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Hmmm, when you say 32 degrees I take it that is Celsius?
My mind jumped to 32 degrees F, here that is cold...lol.
I forget the difference in our math system.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I would assume its 32 Celsius as that's getting on the hot side of things here in Aus (89.6F)

Hornet3d

Wise
Sorry I forgot to convert. Anyway things have moved on with the expected temperature today between 37 and 39 degrees C or 98 to 102F

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Feel for you. ours was somewhere in the nineties (F) with an index making it feel 110 or over...ugh!
I was sitting under the ceiling fan and AC on still and sweating.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I know, I know, I've not been here in a bit.
It isn't as if I haven't wanted to get into some mischief, just been either too busy or trying to make my beastly body stop torturing me.
It behaves as if it has a mind of its own and a very cruel one at that!
Allowing men beastly Arthur to hang around and torment me, allowing all the demons of hell to stick my poor body with their sharp pitchforks.

So of course, it is impossible for me to get up and about very much to get into mischief otherwise, I might take a few walks around the neighborhood and see if there is a nice old gent to flirt with...lol.

Today was spent in the torture chamber of Mercy Outpatient Care getting an echocardiogram done, then the nurse decided I needed an electrocardiogram with those cold sticky plugin things attached to sticky messy stuff on my body.
I know, it isn't a bad test unless you have a bad arthritis flare or sensitive skin that hates any kind of touch.
Believe me, I'd not wear clothes if I had my way, clothes irritate!
But no one, I mean no one wants to see this tired old body nude...lol.

Artwise I have been busy as able but not easy lately.
I want to branch out by trying my hand at modeling simple clothes for my characters, first is to try a simple dress.
For that, I need to read the tutorials, do some hands-on tests and keep trying till I get it right.
No time for mischief...sigh.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Hope you feel better!

Modeling is easy. Rigging is hard. I would try dynamic clothing.

Oh if you want to do rigged clothing for the HW family make it as tight as possible near the thighs.

quietrob

Extraordinary
They have social Security so messed up now, so my daughter had to go back to work against doctor's orders.
I just hope his predictions of what will happen if she continues to work does not come true.
He said she could end up in a wheel chair for life within 6 months to a year if she keeps working.
she has a nasty spinal problem.

I feel a need to earn some money too, at least 100.00 a month but don't know how I can do that as I can't work out side of the home.
Can't answer phones, can't be on my feet more than a few minutes so don't know what I can do...sigh.
I tried the Amazon Mechanical Turk thing and it isn't working out.
Gotta try something, somehow.
Can you do sit down jobs? This is coming from a boomer btw, so I feel your pain, I know your pain even if I don't have your pain.