• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

MakePillow addon

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
lol...getting a primitive in the workspace in Blender isn't easy, took me forever to work it out. Most programs it's fairly easy but not Blender, maybe that's just me though.

Only time I've ever gotten anything done in Blender is following a tutorial step by step.

Lobo3433

Admirable
Blender does have its learning curve and I will say I have been learning Blender for sometime now and only recently have dared to show any of my work but do not let it discourage you Pendraia it is really worth it once you do get the hang of it and with the up coming new release of 2.79 which will include a PBR shading integrating Blender with other applications like Substance Painter, 3D coat will make even more useful in any content creation work flow

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hey Lobo, good to see you outside of Renderosity's Blender forum. ;)

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
with the up coming new release of 2.79 which will include a PBR shading integrating Blender with other applications like Substance Painter, 3D coat will make even more useful in any content creation work flow

That will be really cool! I'm learning Blender this summer and find it a slow process. I got the Bforartists interface so it's a bit easier to use than straight out of the box.

Lobo3433

Admirable
Hi Bonnie CG Masters released a tutorial about a week ago and part of the focus was customizing Blender and tweaking some settings to make it your own. One of the tweaks that I found most valuable was changing font size to make things stand out more for me that hint alone was well worth watching the whole tutorial maybe it can give you some ideas in setting it up so it is more user friendly and such

Lobo3433

Admirable
Your welcome Cg Master has many free tutorials and their paid ones are really worth the money they added one recently to Gumroad called HDR Image-Based Lighting in Blender where you choose the price you wish to pay it is over 1.5 hours of video well worth

AlphinaNovaStar

Energetic
I need to get blender to work on my old netbook. What can I do with pillow after I make it in blender?
Talking about pillows I need to have some quality time with mine asap.

DaremoK3

Enthusiast
Bonnie2001:

I think you missed the point...

Yes, it is easy to model a pillow, but someone coded an auto-pillow dynamic cloth simulation for your usage. It can be used as a starting point for much more.

I wanted more functionality out of it, and I don't care for using the spacebar usage, so I turned it into a Tools Tab Addon. I am going to add some more to it later, but for now it's a start. This really could be fleshed out to something very useful.

MakePillowAddon_dk3.jpg

MakePillowAddon_02.gif

And, how are you liking Bforartists?

I think he is doing a good job with it so far, but I don't care for the keymap changes, and changing modules that are breaking Addons.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Is it absolutely necessary to remap the keys to get it to work properly? I've already got a lot of mine setup the way I like them.

DaremoK3

Enthusiast
Miss B:

Are you asking about Bforartists keymapping?

If so, I find it will be necessary to undo the hard-coding of the keymapping that the author believes should be the defaults for Blender.

Blender is already very flexible, and as you have encountered, you can set up the keymapping to your liking. But, when fork authors are changing the hard-code mapping, it becomes a little more difficult for the end user to make simple changes.

Luckily for me, my one-click 3D navigation addon is a modal operation call that doesn't blink at the mouse view3d changes (rotate, pan, zoom). However, my modified Make Pillow addon above won't work without diving into the module changes he has made, and make corrections for the function calls.

Lobo3433

Admirable
Just looked at Bforartists first I have heard of it but reminds me of the Blender Sensei restructure of Blender to make it easier to learn which in the long run at least in my opinion didn't help and also it did not play nice with other add ons. Sometimes simple mods to the Blender UI themes and such especially color and such can make a big difference in learning Blender I know one thing and mainly because hell getting old and eyes aren't what they use to be a lighter theme and fixing the size of fonts for the UI has made a big difference it making Blender more pleasant to work with and hiding things I do not use like animation timeline.