• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Lyrra's Dawn DevSuit, My head will explode!

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Hmmm, if I duplicate it I can do both.

But, I am not sure what I did in Blender, I know I subdivided for some reason...sigh.
It may have been too much as it is now very heavy.
Ans all the little diamond shapes and holes were the result of that.
Maybe in the process I managed to delete something it needed...lol.

Might be best to just work with the original one I made before taking into Blender.
I just worked on that one and added the Bikini parts, they are parented to the hip.

So I guess I'd need to make a separate object file for the bikini.

I've also managed to do a set of boots but want to work on them later.

Here's the one I did tonight.

OctBodySuit-1.png
OctBodySuit-1a.png

Doug Hunter

Busy Bee
Contributing Artist
They are looking good. I think it is a good idea that you are doing it in both Dynamic and Conforming - each will have their issues.

If you have subdivided it and applied that modifier then I suggest it would be best to go back to the saved file before the change. (There really should be no need to subdivide this .obj). AND always remember to keep multiple saves as you are working (perhaps I should do that too :roflmao:)
In Poser the Skinning method you use will be the Poser Unimesh so all you need do is set your subdivision level as 1 (or 2 if you use displacement maps) under your properties.

As to whether to use a separate .obj file for your bikini, you can do that either way.
If you look back to my first post here on page 1 the render on the left is one single .obj and has the bikini as a displacement in the material and the render on the right has the bikini as a separate .obj (btw the one on the left is easier to do ;))

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I made a different one with the DawnSE DEV cr2, added the bikini parts and saved as an object.
Imported it back and used Dawn as the rigging donor and now it all works right.
But now I need to read on how to do conforming and Dynamic so I can do both.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Spoke too soon, all three styles still have texture stretching and I just do not understand how to fix it.
Guess it will just go on a back burner...sigh.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I've zipped just the obj, cr2 and needed textures and put them in my dropbox.
If someone could please help me by checking the object file there is also a checkered jpg in there for testing stretching.
And if anyone could help correct the stretching I'd appreciate it.
I do not know why ot does that.
If I take just the original Lyrra DEVSuit and save out as an object new name without changing it any, it still stretches at the seams.
But if I load the original Lyraa file it does not stretch like that.
Why is Poser causing that to happen?

The file is for Poser at present but if you use DS you can import it there.

If you can help, send me your email so I can add you on the box to give you the link.
Thanks. :)