• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Links for useful tutorials for Zbrush

Dylan

Eager
Yes time is always a big issue, there just doesn't seem enough of it to learn all things about CG etc. I'll be 21 on Tuesday and can't believe I still have tons to learn. ;)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
So true Dylan! OMG 21! That is wonderful but you will have plenty of time to learn all you need to know. You never stop learning and even once you know it things change and you have to relearn things.

Coming into this hobby in my late 40's I still fondly remember the 15 year old on the Bethesda site who took the time to explain to me what a wireframe was. He was so kind...and I was so not understanding all things 3D. Even at 56 there is just so much I want to learn and do...

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
WOW! Happy Birthday a little early. Reaching 21 is a milestone. Celebrate it well. ;)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
No problem if you are looking for more recent ones check out my pinterest Zbrush groups. I am starting to get more organised as I was getting too many to find them easily. I do mean to update the list here eventually I just never seem to have the time.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
This is a great video showing how to use Noisemaker to create patterns for clothing. This is one of those gems in ZBrush that can take our products to the next level.

It'an older version of ZBrush, but Noisemaker works the same in the current version.

This is a great video showing how to use Noisemaker to create patterns for clothing. This is one of those gems in ZBrush that can take our products to the next level.

It'an older version of ZBrush, but Noisemaker works the same in the current version.

I think I've seen Les Garner (aka Sixus1) using it in at least one video he did for CGBytes.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
This is great Pen. Thank you so much. Bookmarking for sure!

I did notice ONE YouTube video above (post #6, second vid) is not available. :-(

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Hey Ram, this thread was created a long time ago. I'm 61 now and in an earlier post I mention I was 56 so not surprising that some of the links no longer work.

Thanks for the links Cath! I still remember you helping us a long time back and got me started.

One of my current favourite youtube tutorial authors is Michael Pavolich https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWiZI2dglzpaCYNnjcejS-Q

He does great videos and updates with each release.

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
Hey Ram, this thread was created a long time ago. I'm 61 now and in an earlier post I mention I was 56 so not surprising that some of the links no longer work.

Thanks for the links Cath! I still remember you helping us a long time back and got me started.

One of my current favourite youtube tutorial authors is Michael Pavolich https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWiZI2dglzpaCYNnjcejS-Q
He does great videos and updates with each release.
You welcome Pen, I hope you doing well , I like Michael Pavolich's videos on new Zbrush updates and new tools

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I like most of Michaels vids but man that man is spastic sometimes veering off and talking really fast and then eventually coming back to his point! He must have one of those busy brains that just goes and goes and goes! LOL

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
I like most of Michaels vids but man that man is spastic sometimes veering off and talking really fast and then eventually coming back to his point! He must have one of those busy brains that just goes and goes and goes! LOL
I don't want to sounds rude before, but I agree Richard LOL , most "tutorials" are based on what other people did already in the community long before sadly without a credit, so not exactly always his own workflow or ideas but I like to check in on new tools presentations .