• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Link in email not working

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
I get several emails a day from HW, and when I click on the blue button that says 'View This Thread', all my screen does is like a brief flicker. It won't come to the thread where the link is. Even if I right click on the button and tell it to open in a new tab, it just makes the screen make that brief flicker. This is a brand new issue today. Never experienced it before. It's not happening with any other emails, just the HW emails.

I can click on the link on my bookmark toolbar, but that doesn't take me to the thread. I have to do a few more clicks, then go back to my email page to see what thread the new email came from.

Have you guys changed something in your website last night? I use Outlook.com for my email. I don't understand why it's only HW links that are an issue for me. I use Chrome for my browser and it's the current general release version. Windows 10, and nothing has changed in my settings.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Nothing I'm aware of (though I don't always know when something's done to the site. Having no issues in Firefox.

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
Nothing I'm aware of (though I don't always know when something's done to the site. Having no issues in Firefox.
I don't use firefox anymore. I use Chrome for the last couple years. But the thing is, it's only HW that is having this issue. None of the other tons of emails that I get with links in them are giving me any trouble. So I thought is has to be HW. I can't change my browser for one site. :(

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
Ok, well, I just used that dreaded MS Edge and clicked on the HW links in my email and they worked fine. I'm not sure why they don't work in Chrome when everything else does. I def don't want to use Edge. :sick:

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Could just be some temporary weirdness. Try restarting the browser maybe ?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I'd also suggest trying clearing your browser cache. I do that with my Firefox cache every night when I log off.

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
I'll have to try the cache thing, thanks.

Yes, I've restarted it many times. I've even rebooted my computer. Strangeness is afoot.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Computer weirdness.....my Firefox ramps up the memory over time every day (at least once or twice) and if I don't catch it, it gets to using 99% of my physical memory and then BAM - the whole computer freezes, I have to hold down the power button to turn it off, and I lose whatever I was working on (and am left trying to remember what all those things were!)

COMPUTERS!!! Love em and hate em!

Miss B

CV-BEE
OUCH, that would certainly hurt. I don't find that with Firefox, but Poser? Oh yeah, sometimes I can't even check email while rendering in Poser, especially a close up in Superfly when the character has longish hair. The hair's transparency always knocks my laptop for a loop, and this puppy's fully hyperthreaded, so my quad core is like having 8 cores. Boy do I wish I had 8 cores. ~sigh~

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Definitely...even spot rendering most anything stops all the rest of my processes...

Miss B

CV-BEE
True, and I often wondered why rendering such a small area takes so long. ~shakes head~

English Bob

Adventurous
I have the same trouble with the links in today's 'most popular' e-mail. Ironically, one of the links is to this thread. :) Any road up, I click on the link, a new tab appears and immediately closes. I'm using Chrome with Ghostery and Adblock Plus - it could be one of those blocking something it thinks is harmful, but I'd expect a notification, and I can still get to the site directly as you can see.

xmasrose

Eager
Same problem but with Firefox.
Yesterday only the recent links didn't work and I could access though older emails. Today I can't not matter how old is the email but if I copy the link it works fine.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Maybe it's the tracking link causing the problems?

I'm not having a problem with Chrome, but when I watched the page load, it first loaded the tracking URL, and then redirected to the store URL.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Sorry, folks!

I'll report it so someone can look into it.

Thanks, all, for letting us know!

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
We are working on it! Thanks for your patience, folks!