• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

"Leaf Me Alone" Render Challenge! - CLOSED

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Join our "Leaf Me Alone" Render Challenge! - CLOSED!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------
OK folks, our judges, Seliah and Lorraine, have spoken!!!

And the winners are (drum roll please):

First Place - Rainy Autumn Days by Michele
Second Place - Golden by Dani Foster Herring
Third Place - Leaving by Stezza
Honorable Mention - Enjoying the Last Days of Autumn by Dan30

Congratulations to the winners!! :D
-------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you think of when you think of Autumn,
is it the beautiful golden hues of the changing Fall leaves?
Or is it the dark, spooky themes of Halloween?
Perhaps you envision the laden table of Thanksgiving dinner?​

Now is the time to show us what the Fall season means to you!​

Comedy is welcome. Keep it family friendly.

Renders must include the following:

At least one HiveWire family member, such as Dawn, Dusk, Luna, or any other HiveWire figure you wish to use.

Please see the new HiveWire Attitude of Gratitude Sale, which will have new items added to it each week, for inspiration for your Halloween ideas.

Submitted Images must meet forum guidelines

1600 x 1600 pixel maximum image dimensions
1MB max file size for images
10MB max file size for video​

A maximum of 3 entries can be entered.
You must abide by the HiveWire 3D Terms Of Service.

This thread is for chatting about the challenge, and for posting your WIP renders. You can post your images here, before you finalize your render to show us how you are doing, or to ask for guidance if you get stumped on how to accomplish something.

When you have decided your image is final post here with the words FINAL RENDER, and the Title of your render, at the beginning of the post. We will collect all final renders, assign them a number with your Title, and transfer them to a private media album for blind judging.

No artist information will be shown in the private media album, so please refrain from adding any copyright information that you may usually add to your renders.

Categories and Prizes

1st Place
2nd place
3rd place
Honorable Mention
This render challenge will close at midnight, Friday, November 30, 2018 (MST)

Please post your final renders here in this thread.
Be sure to start your post with FINAL RENDER, as well as the Title of your render.

Please do not post your entries in any of the General Forum threads, or in the HW Galleries, until after the Render Challenge has ended and the winners have been announced. We would also prefer you not post your entries on forums, and in galleries, on other sites until the Render Challenge has ended.

Because the Render Challenge is Blind Judged, the judges do not view the Render Challenge thread until after the winners are announced.

Judges: Seliah and Lorraine

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Renders must include the following:

At least one HiveWire family member, such as Dawn, Dusk, Luna, or any other HiveWire figure you wish to use.
Does this mean that as long as the image has say the Hivewire horse in it I am covered for this requirement?
Sorry brain is slow tonight

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes Dreamer, Harry the Horse is definitely part of the HiveWire family. ;)

You don't need to include ALL the HiveWire family members to your renders.

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
Looking forward to seeing what you all render for this theme!

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Yes Dreamer, Harry the Horse is definitely part of the HiveWire family. ;)

You don't need to include ALL the HiveWire family members to your renders.
Cool, thank you I have an idea all ready. Just got to finish this dang Iray promo that is giving me fits

charliejudge

Inspired
I'm a bit confused as to exactly what constitutes the "Hivewire Family". Would, for example, Ken Gilland's birds be included in the family?

Miss B

CV-BEE
Hey Charlie, good to see you. No, none of Ken Gilliland's products would be considered part of the HiveWire Family.

The HW Family is any figure in the store listed under HiveWire 3D Original Content, such as Dawn, Dusk, Luna, HW Horse, Big Cat, House Cat, Big Dog, Sora for Dawn, Ruckus for Dusk. You can check out the links for the Categories and Prizes I listed in the Render Challenge Announcement post above, which will take you to those products in the store.

Needles to say, you can also include any of Ken Gilliland's wonderful birds in your entries as well. Hope that helps. :)

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Final Render
Stopping to smell the roses.

LeafMeAlone.jpg

Miss B

CV-BEE
Ohhh, we have our first entry! Very nicely done Tracy. I'm really liking the Fall colors. ;)

Dan30

Adventurous
Nice....That would be a challenging challenge:laugh: . With lots of mood and leaves in it maybe?:whistling: Calling in the Muse and see what it has to say...

Miss B

CV-BEE
As stated in the announcement post above the render challenge will close at midnight, Friday, November 30, 2018 (MST), IOW, midnight Utah time. That gives you a lot of time to create, and submit, an entry, and you can submit up to 3 entries if you wish.

Oh, and welcome to the HiveWire forums cinadisilver. :)

Miss B

CV-BEE
You're quite welcome, and I look forward to seeing any entries you submit. ;)

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I have an image in mind but the first render was too big and pose not quite what I want.
Trying again.

Freya

Inspired
This happens, when one is reading and not really concentrating on what exactly :oops:
Cause I read "LEAVE" me alone and have to start all over with an absolute new render.
But anyway, this was the result for wrong reading.

Attachments

• leavemealone.jpg
    leavemealone.jpg
    287 KB · Views: 285