• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Kaspersky blocks purchase

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
Thank you for reporting this. I will send it on to our code wizards to see what it happening. Sorry for the inconvenience.

BMK

Inspired
Thanks! Kaspersky also says that the link has high risk of data loss - whatever that means.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Don't worry, this has happened before and it's not what it seems. Kaspersky uses "heuristic detection", meaning it makes a lot of guesses based on behavior (instead of signatures), which can be helpful catching new viruses that are still unknown, but a side effect is generating false positives every now and then. It goes a little overboard trying to be "better safe than sorry", but it gives you the chance to add false positives to its list of exceptions, so it doesn't stop you from doing what you want. Over here I have already added Hivewire3d.com to my list of exceptions, so it [hopefully] doesn't bother me anymore.

Nod

Adventurous
I'm trying to buy the Seahorse, but after the billing information, I'm getting blocked by Kaspersky before I can go to the payments step. It says that https://hivewire3d.com/checkout/onepage/saveBilling was identified as a dangerous website and blocked.
What can I do, anyone have the same problem?
I've been having the exact same problem for a while now. Missed out on quite a few deals, such as the Hivewire Lion and all the bits for it.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Just drop a note to Lisa when this happens. She can usually have it fixed, but only if she is notified that it's happening.

Nod

Adventurous
Just drop a note to Lisa when this happens. She can usually have it fixed, but only if she is notified that it's happening.
I did at the time, but it made no difference.
I've left it for now, as I've been doing other things.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I know it can be frustrating because I also have Kaspersky and the same false positive has happened to me in the past, though not right now. Have you tried adding the Hirewire3d.com domain to Kaspersky's list of exceptions?

Nod

Adventurous
I know it can be frustrating because I also have Kaspersky and the same false positive has happened to me in the past, though not right now. Have you tried adding the Hirewire3d.com domain to Kaspersky's list of exceptions?

Yeah. That's where I spotted the typing error!!

BMK

Inspired
Thanks all for the feedback and sorry for being so late with the reply.
I messed around a bit with Kaspersky to get me beyond that message, and then put it back to normal... so the seahorse is now purchsed, downloaded, and will be properly used.
Thanks again!