• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I wish we had..for Baby Luna

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Projection templates help autofit do its job. When you load an item onto a figure, a list of clothing types will pop up and when you choose one, the weight mapping for that type will be applied to your item.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Basically they are a a weightmapped model that provides the program with information on how to weightmap the new item. The better the original template is the better the new one will be. The initial templates provided with Genesis were low poly and didn't work very well. The ones provided with Gen2 were high poly and worked much better. I've managed to open the projection templates in DS and actually looked at them at one point...not sure I remember how I did it though. Might have been right clicking via windows.

Zaarin

Brilliant
So as I was working on a picture today, I realized something that we could really use for Luna: a cradleboard. I managed to find an ancient one for that old toon figure Sara and the P4 Baby (!) and I even managed to fit Luna inside of it and I managed to slap some new textures on it--but one actually designed for Luna and capable of fitting modern figures like V4 and Dawn would be nice.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Well, I just had to look that up as I wasn't familar with what a cradleboard is, and Wikipedia had a picture of a nice Native American one. I've seen photos of those before but never knew what they were called.

Zaarin

Brilliant
Well, I just had to look that up as I wasn't familar with what a cradleboard is, and Wikipedia had a picture of a nice Native American one. I've seen photos of those before but never knew what they were called.
Yep, the Native Americans used them. :)

I often said (in the old forum) a swaddling blanket...
http://www.bestreviewshub.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Baby-Swaddling-Blanket.jpg
or a simpler one:
https://www.mom4life.com/images/zebra-girl-2.jpg

though seems less like swaddling than a sleeping bag... LOL!
Yes, swaddling is a must-have for historical renders, since a lot of different cultures practiced it. On a similar note, both modern and ancient baby slings would be nice. A dynamic baby sling would be particularly nice.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I'd love an "Expressions" pack.

I can never really get expressions or poses quite right and think this would be quite handy :)

(of course, would love this for all of the HW family, so I'm going to copy and paste this in each :p)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
more poses with other characters weather friend poses with other Luna children or Diva or the animals etc.

DigitalDreamsDS

Inspired
Contributing Artist
I'm so new to DS that I don't know how to make projection templates... or even what they are for, I'm embarrassed to say lol

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
@DigitalDreamsDS , Projection templates are what autofit and the transfer utility use to set up weightmaps. Basically they are a weightmapped mesh which DS copies the weight mapping from to a new item.