• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

HW house cat - tortoise shell coat?

manekiNeko

hi - btw i think i'm new here. absolutely not often here on HW, maybe i've commented years ago.. not sure lol.

aaanyways. my question is about the HW cat - no idea why, having only the very old milCat and loving the meoows above everything, i never srsly checked the HW cat. how could i miss this, it's so awesome, many superb realistic coats, poses, kitten *yaaaayyy*, and also great lamh presets. a must, and i wishlisted a ton of stuff right today.

however, there is one very common cat coat i hadn't seen for the milCat already, and it seems there isn't one for the HW cat either: tortoise shell (https://www.google.com/search?q=tortoise+shell+cat&tbm=isch)
NOT the calico variant with white, of which there are coats for both milCat & HW housecat, the dark black-red variant.
are people/is CWRW still creating cat coats, is it still an actual thing? ^^

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
First, welcome to the HiveWire forums manekiNeko. The forum was updated several years ago, so it's possible you were a member when the site was first opened, but you had to re-register after the new forum was created.

That said, one of our Contributing Artists, Faery_Light, has done some lovely coats for the HW House Cat. Check out her store and see if she's included something like what you're looking for. It's also possible she may do more of them in the future.

manekiNeko

First, welcome to the HiveWire forums manekiNeko. The forum was updated several years ago, so it's possible you were a member when the site was first opened, but you had to re-register after the new forum was created.

That said, one of our Contributing Artists, Faery_Light, has done some lovely coats for the HW House Cat. Check out her store and see if she's included something like what you're looking for. It's also possible she may do more of them in the future.

thank you for warm welcome & infos! ^^
ah, this would explain why i had to register again for the forum even my shop account has always worked all those years...

actually i had seen FL's beautiful product as i browsed "cat" before, but while her cat coats look a lot more "natural" and mixed as many shop items do - many cats you meet have real puzzle patchwork in their furs lol, even tho funnily enough my own big multicolored chowder has quite tame toned down mixes just like said shop items - there is no classic tortie among them...

so i hope Faery_Light will make some more coats *wink wink* ^^

Miss B

CV-BEE
Ah right. I had heard that Renderosity is asking folks who had stores at CP to redo all their promos, which takes quite a while to accomplish.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I could prob look at doing the DS too if you like (or at least look into it lol)

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I love Siamese kitties, had two years ago and they were so beautiful.
That is one set I will leave to you, CWRW, as you do such gorgeous work. :)

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
@ CWRW, do wish you wold do a solid, light gray kitty as an MR for us though.
No end of possibilities we could do with it. :)

Miss B

CV-BEE
MR stands for Merchant Resource. When a product is created as such, others can use it to create their own versions of the product. In this case, FL wants Laurie (CWRW) to create a solid grey material set other Contributing Artists can use as a basis for their own sets for the HW House Cat and Kitten.

Usually you can't use someone else's product as a basis for your own, unless it's set up to be a Merchant Resource, because that would be illegal, as the creator of the original product owns the rights to it.

manekiNeko

MR stands for Merchant Resource. When a product is created as such, others can use it to create their own versions of the product. In this case, FL wants Laurie (CWRW) to create a solid grey material set other Contributing Artists can use as a basis for their own sets for the HW House Cat and Kitten.

Usually you can't use someone else's product as a basis for your own, unless it's set up to be a Merchant Resource, because that would be illegal, as the creator of the original product owns the rights to it.

i'm sooooo dense. actually i know about merchant resources (however, not so deep in detail), lol, i just didn't make the connection with MR :giggle:
but thanks anyways for the excellent explanation! such kindness AND an exact to-the-point answer in a forum is very appreciated! :)