• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

WIP Hunter 3D's Upcoming Products (featuring Dawn 2.0)

Doug Hunter

Busy Bee
Contributing Artist
Or perhaps that wasn’t Spider Girl :whistling: but I still want Spider Girl!

Harley.png

Oh well, perhaps tomorrow for Spider Girl … :rolleyes:

Doug Hunter

Busy Bee
Contributing Artist
I’m not sure how much use people have for second skins.

The advantage is that it’s just Dawn. So there are no posing or draping issues or needing morph brushes. And they also render so quick.
The disadvantage is that it’s just Dawn. So keeping nice straight lines and joining her seams can be problematic.

With a second skin you can get a decent level of detail. For example with a bit more work I think the first of these could be developed well, like adding some etching in the leather and a bit of stitching along the seams etc.
For the second one I was thinking of developing it to go under a mage’s cloak or warrior’s armour.

So what’s your opinion and experience in developing and using second skins?

Hornet3d

Wise
The Alyssa Two Piece Set for Dawn is now ready for beta testing. Here are a few of the WIP materials.

View attachment 47111
View attachment 47112
View attachment 47113
View attachment 47114

Now in store and straight into my cart, I loved the Darah Cocktail Dress which I thought was great with so many options, but this new outfit is even better value for money. You deserve to sell loads, so I hope you do and if you keep providing outfits like this my credit card is going to be very active. If I get a chance to play in Poser at the weekend I will post a few renders.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh you're going to love the Alyssa Two Piece Set Hortnet. As with all of Doug's goodies, he makes so many variations available. :)

In fact, where's 2 Artistic Renders I did while beta testing this set.

First with Dawn.

Second, with LaFemme.

Unfortunately, I'm not a big fan of Pauline/Pauline2, so don't have one with her wearing the Alyssa outfit.

Hornet3d

Wise
Oh you're going to love the Alyssa Two Piece Set Hortnet. As with all of Doug's goodies, he makes so many variations available. :)

In fact, where's 2 Artistic Renders I did while beta testing this set.

First with Dawn.

View attachment 48295

Second, with LaFemme.

View attachment 48296

Unfortunately, I'm not a big fan of Pauline/Pauline2, so don't have one with her wearing the Alyssa outfit.

I am sure I will love the set, as you already know, not only are there loads of materials there are different styles for the top and skirt so quite a few permutations and that is without the potential is has for kit bashing.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
EXACTLY! That's how he does his sets. He makes them easy for kit-bashing. He often includes say different color boots so you have a choice as to which ones you want to use with which outfit. Not everyone's taste is the same, so he makes it easy to pick the ones "you" want, and not necessarily the ones he set them up with.

Hornet3d

Wise
EXACTLY! That's how he does his sets. He makes them easy for kit-bashing. He often includes say different color boots so you have a choice as to which ones you want to use with which outfit. Not everyone's taste is the same, so he makes it easy to pick the ones "you" want, and not necessarily the ones he set them up with.

It is a great way of providing content that adds so much to Dawn's wardrobe.

Doug Hunter

Busy Bee
Contributing Artist
I’m now looking at developing some mage and warrior outfits for Dusk and Dawn.
I’m going to use second skins plus Dynamic cloth.

Here is a WIP of a second skin for Dawn with/without a chain mail shirt;

Borghile 01.jpg

Doug Hunter

Busy Bee
Contributing Artist
I’ll have to upload these in a number of pictures - I’ve had to split them up because of size.

I may even take time out from the mage/warrior outfit and complete these with shoes :p

WIP sets 1.png
WIP sets 2.png

DanaTA

Distinguished
I was always impressed with the way 9mbi used to always have a pair of shoes with an outfit. Seldom seen.

Dana