• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

How to install and find your HiveWire 3D content in Poser

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
:yeahthat: Any time we can help, we will. Just ask a question here, and someone will be around to answer. We have a lot of very helpful knowledgeable folks on this forum. ;)

cosmasad

Good morning friends,

I seem to be having installation problems. I purchased Dusk just now and extracted it to the following folder:

C/Users/Public/Public Documents/ Poser 11 Content

When I open Poser, I see my HiveWire 3d folder in the Poser 11 Content folder, and I see the Dusk folder. When I install the Dusk figure, he pops up but then a window opens asking me to “Please locate “DuskSEeyesDarkM.jpg”. This is the first sign that something’s wrong. The other thing is that the figure is jet black – which is a little unusual. Then, the other strange thing is that when I go in to the Pose icon... Hivewire3d folder/ Dusk/ INJ Morphs and try to double click on them, nothing happens.

Any advice would be really appreciate, friends.

Thank you.

Folder.PNG

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Hi, comasad-

Sorry you're having trouble.

When I install the Dusk figure, he pops up but then a window opens asking me to “Please locate “DuskSEeyesDarkM.jpg”. This is the first sign that something’s wrong.
Did you install all of the 9 zip files that end in "-textures-ds-psr-1of"?

The other thing is that the figure is jet black – which is a little unusual.
Are you rending in Firefly or Superfly? These are not Superfly compatible materials and that would cause the figure to be black. You'd need to use another skin that is or use EZSkin 3 for SF

Then, the other strange thing is that when I go in to the Pose icon... Hivewire3d folder/ Dusk/ INJ Morphs and try to double click on them, nothing happens.

Nothing will LOOK different. But, as noted in the ReadMe, all of Dusk's morphs can be found in the parameter tab under "Actor". When you click on the Base morph INJ, it will add the base morphs to the figure and you can dial them as desired.

Hope that helps!

Hornet3d

Wise
Good morning friends,

I seem to be having installation problems. I purchased Dusk just now and extracted it to the following folder:

When I open Poser, I see my HiveWire 3d folder in the Poser 11 Content folder, and I see the Dusk folder. When I install the Dusk figure, he pops up but then a window opens asking me to “Please locate “DuskSEeyesDarkM.jpg”. This is the first sign that something’s wrong. The other thing is that the figure is jet black – which is a little unusual. Then, the other strange thing is that when I go in to the Pose icon... Hivewire3d folder/ Dusk/ INJ Morphs and try to double click on them, nothing happens.

Any advice would be really appreciate, friends.

Thank you.

View attachment 34156

There are a few things that can cause a figure to be jet black, assuming we are talking about the preview, having no lights in the scene would be one of them, the second would be if Poser could not find the image maps that relate to the figure. As Poser is already asking you to locate image maps I suspect it is the later cause. When you installed Dusk all of the image maps should have been installed in the same directory which would make it easy for Poser to find, if you use explorer (assuming windows) to look in the runtime folder for Dusk you should see a folder called textures. In there you will see another folder called Hivewire3D and finally another folder called Base, inside that folder should be all the image maps (assuming that has not changed since I downloaded Dusk. If the *.jpg images are not there something has gone wrong with the installation.

Hornet3d

Wise
There are a few things that can cause a figure to be jet black, assuming we are talking about the preview, having no lights in the scene would be one of them, the second would be if Poser could not find the image maps that relate to the figure. As Poser is already asking you to locate image maps I suspect it is the later cause. When you installed Dusk all of the image maps should have been installed in the same directory which would make it easy for Poser to find, if you use explorer (assuming windows) to look in the runtime folder for Dusk you should see a folder called textures. In there you will see another folder called Hivewire3D and finally another folder called Base, inside that folder should be all the image maps (assuming that has not changed since I downloaded Dusk. If the *.jpg images are not there something has gone wrong with the installation.

Just to clarify what I was saying and taking Alisa's point. If you have a black figure in preview then some of the causes are as I have listed. If you are rendering and you finish up with a very black figure with some reflections, like a dark statue, as Alisa suggests you are probably rendering in Superfly. If so either render in Firefly or as suggested use EZskin3.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Ah, good point, it might be black in preview with no materials (and since there is one missing, it might be that all are :)).

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
Good morning friends,

If you have an external hard drive, it would be a better place to store the Poser Content/Runtimes. That way if your computer ever crashes (like they all do eventually) you won't lose your Poser content and will save yourself a lot of work. My PC died late last year and I was so glad I had all my runtime folders on an external drive.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
Just to add, even with the runtimes on an external drive, I still had tons of work reinstalling all my software and setting them up the way I like. Not fun to be sure I can tell you.

Hornet3d

Wise
If you have an external hard drive, it would be a better place to store the Poser Content/Runtimes. That way if your computer ever crashes (like they all do eventually) you won't lose your Poser content and will save yourself a lot of work. My PC died late last year and I was so glad I had all my runtime folders on an external drive.

Good point. With Windows there is always the possibility it will need reloading and then there is always the chance of a drive failure. If you do need a Windows reload for any reason you want to loose as little as possible.

Steve.M

Enthusiast
Hello,

I have just installed DuskSE and DawnSE to the Poser 11(pro) runtime.

DuskSE: Loads with all textures, renders with textures in both Firefly and Superfly.

DawnSE/Special Edition Character: Loads with all textures, renders with textures in Firefly, renders black in Superfly. Also, the subdivision levels(Dawn properties)is disable(greyed out), so there is no sub-d added, and the mesh renders faceted. I have now made 3 installations of DawnSE with the same problem each time.

I purchase both some time ago, but have only just got around to installing them.

What could be the issue with DawnSE?