• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

How to install and find your HiveWire 3D content in DAZ Studio

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Yay...glad that you worked it out. The script for hands and feet is really useful when using Poser format poses.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Load them in DS...if there are any problems with the feet or hands run the script while the figure is selected. This will automatically fix them. Then it's just a case of saving them in DS format...which is File/Save as/Pose preset.

When the dialogue box opens locate where you want you poses to be in DS it's normally People/Dawn/Poses/Your folder/Pose set name but can be also be Poses/Set name. Click save and a new dialogue box will pop up. Make sure that just Dawn is selected. This box will load with everything selected from memory. Then hit accept.
If you want to save a partial pose just select those parts you wish to save...

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
So in case anyone else runs into this, I just tried getting my Poser Hivewire runtime into DS. I followed Alisa's steps to choose my Poser runtime, and I could load stuff, but it was clearly loading the Poser versions (talked about converting from .cr2) even though I had added the People and Data folders for the Daz version.

So I added the runtime again as a DAZ format and that let me get to People and in this case the Luna files I had loaded, but not the rest of the runtime. I have to go to the Poser version for that. I'm not sure if that means I did it right, or wrong, but hey I did manage to get Luna into DS, and for me that's a big accomplishment.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Glad you got it working...should be just a case of making sure it's set up in preferences as a DS runtime as well as a poser runtime. At least that's how mine is done. Looking forward to your Luna outfit!

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Thanks. I think that's what I did. I get very confused in DS, so you'll probably be hearing some questions from me as I try and figure it out.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I've never combined a DS and Poser Runtime, as it's easy enough to set up Poser (or DS) to see the other Runtime. Needless to say, you can only use the Poser related files in Poser, as it won't be able to access any DS related files.

I'm not sure what benefit one large Runtime would be.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Not a problem GG...

I prefer having the one runtime as I organise everything in Categories...I used to have separate runtimes for everything and it drove me crazy so when I started using Categories I put it all in one. I find it so much easier than what I was doing before.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
You should be able to access ALL of Baby Luna's stuff (if you're talking about the HW products) ONLY through the DS Format "People" folder. You should not have to go into the Poser format or Runtime folder at all.

Some products use that Poser CR2 files but then have DS compatible material settings that are inside the Poser Material folder (all Ken's birds do this and some of Lisa's products, among others..). THAT is the type of product you need to bring in and use through the Poser format section.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I also do that with clothing that is Poser only for Dawn Alisa, because I convert them for my own use. I also have a large amount of props and building figures that were originally done for Poser that I use in DS.

It took me a while to find Ken's moth as I didn't realise he did things that way still.

sandman_max

How do I know whether I need to install both Poser and DS zip files? I only use DS now, so I don't always install Poser files since my Runtime HD is running out disk space. Mostly what I've use are the animals and Ken's birds.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
If you only use DAZ Studio, you only need to install the DAZ Studio zips and any zips that are listed as for both Poser and DAZ Studio. (typically zip will end in something like -ds-psr.zip)

A note - this is an old thread so I want to update this:

Some products use that Poser CR2 files but then have DS compatible material settings that are inside the Poser Material folder (all Ken's birds do this and some of Lisa's products, among others..). THAT is the type of product you need to bring in and use through the Poser format section.

This is still true of Ken's older products. His new ones have separate DS format and Poser format zips.

sandman_max

Oh! Thanks for the update. Ken's products are some that I use, just purchased, and also need to update some his older ones. I'll pay close attention to the files.

sandman_max

Alisa, I'm confused about Songbird Remix3. I bought the Original Songbird Remix and Songbird Remix Version 2 a long time ago, probably when Ken was still over at DAZ. I checked the download files for both of them and they're still the old poser files, even in the ds zip. On the flip side, the owls package has the new Readme in it, which explains the new file system for DS, and the owls upgraded just fine. So did the ducks. But how do I get all the little default birds from the original Songbirds packages, like the bluejay and chickadee? When I look at the description of those old versions on the website, it list SongBird Base3 as being included. Do I need to buy a new version of something?

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
No, you just need to wait until Ken updates those other packs :).

Meanwhile, install the -ds- zip into DAZ Studio via the "Poser format" section.

They work differently than the new versions. You pick the "figure", to get the base. Then you go to "pose, and pick the bird you want. This will apply both the morph and the DAZ Studio optimized materials.

sandman_max

Hmmm... I noticed in the product listing for Remix Woodland Jewels, that it says that it uses the Songbird Mix3 Base. But after reinstalling, I'm not seeing it in the DS section. So I opened the zip file and it's all being installed in the Poser runtime (all the files are from 2013). Is this one that hasn't actually been updated yet?

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Hmmm... I noticed in the product listing for Remix Woodland Jewels, that it says that it uses the Songbird Mix3 Base. But after reinstalling, I'm not seeing it in the DS section. So I opened the zip file and it's all being installed in the Poser runtime (all the files are from 2013). Is this one that hasn't actually been updated yet?

Sorry, Woodland Jewels hasn't been updated yet. I hope to get the Base Songbird ReMix model reworked and updated early this summer. This model unlocks the upgrades for about half my bird library. I've focused on the hybrid models (parrots, gamebirds, shorebirds etc) first in order to get a feel for what works/doesn't work in the model upgrades and also because many of my sets include those hybrid models along with the main base model.

Once I get that main base model done. I expect the updating process to move much faster, for instance, I already have 80% of Pet Shop and 50% of Second Edition done because of those hybrid models already being completed.

For help in how to use the "older" format models, look at my response on this thread.