• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

WIP HiveWire Wolf Has Begun!

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Saw that. Thanks for the heads up/ Think you will be getting some help in the coming year Chris to help keep things moving along a bit faster? Would sure be nice to get my sweaties on some of these beautiful animals of yours? Tiger wolf and Bull have been on DEEPLY DESIRABLE BEASTIE list for way to loooooooong! LOL

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Been spending some time as of late trying to advance our Wolf morph shape from our Big Dog mesh.

I received some great feedback from Laurie Prindle and Flint Hawk on some features to improve our base look. It's really coming along now. Just a bit more on the teeth positioning and taper the tail more at the end.

Flint Hawk has some amazing maps already done for this animal, and she has several more types and colors planned. What I've seen from her is beautiful. Hoping I can get this new shape to her soon and she can post some WIPs.

I just have a couple more hours to put in on this and then I'm back to Dawn 2.0 UV work.

Here's what I've been up to:

Wolf36.JPG

Wolf37.JPG

Wolf38.JPG

Wolf40.JPG

Wolf41.JPG

Attachments

• Wolf39.JPG
    Wolf39.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 241

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Awesome, Chris.

Mother Nature Network recently had a slideshow of Nature's 10 best animal dads, and of course, the wolf was included. Male wolves are not deadbeat fathers like some animals ... or worse, fathers who can't be trusted around their kids. Noo. They are attentive and fiercely protective of their mate and babes, and ... and need I mention ... monogamous?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Thanks for that link Satira, that was interesting, though I always knew about the Emperor Penguins, as I saw a documentary years ago where they were all taking care of the eggs before they hatched, and the babies after they were hatched, while the females went off to get dinner for them. This was up in the Arctic region, where there's more water, than down in the Antarctic region, which is pretty much all ice.

Freyfaxi

Adventurous
Sorry..Emperor Penguins are strictly an Antarctic species. There are no penguins that are native to the Arctic regions :)
And it's great to hear of more progress on the HW Wolf.. I'm sooo looking forward to seeing him released into the wild for us to play with :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Sorry..Emperor Penguins are strictly an Antarctic species. There are no penguins that are native to the Arctic regions :)
Hmmm, well the documentary I saw may not have been Emperor Penguins, but they were definitely in the Arctic region, and I saw another documentary that was in the Antarctic region which had no water nearby, so the females had to travel for hours, if not days to find food for their mates and young ones, and a good many of the males and females perished from the extreme cold and ice.

Of course, I saw both these documentaries a couple of decades ago, so I have no idea what the status of the Penguin population is these days in either area of the world.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Okay, I now have our HiveWire Wolf base ready to hand off, that is if my new adjusted and tweaked base shape meets with approval.

I spend some time postioning the teeth and inner mouth parts. It should now be ready to receive facial morphs and look great.

I also reshaped the tail and tapered it as requested.

Here are several screen grabs, with some compared to our Big Dog base.

Wolf42.JPG

Wolf43.JPG

Wolf45.JPG

Wolf47.JPG

Wolf48.JPG

Wolf49.JPG

Wolf50.JPG

Wolf52.JPG

Wolf53.JPG

Wolf54.JPG

Attachments

• Wolf46.JPG