• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

WIP HiveWire Wolf Has Begun!

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Aesthetics aside I would just sarcastically say wolves wear no collars.

That's the thing about commission jobs - we cannot control what people want. I know it doesn't make sense, but we have to do what the client wants. She wants to put a collar on a wolf for a fantasy story, so I have to make it happen. It just happens that no matter how I tried, it didn't work with such a large mane. If I scale the collar up to go on top of it, it becomes really gigantic. If I sink the mane, the collar disappears under it. There was no way to do it that looked right.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Um, Miss B...

One word:

RAMWolff......

:p

who REALLY needs to show his face in here cheering at Chris's image...

@RAMWolff psssssssst.....Wolffie!
True, but he's the 2 legged kind. I was asking about the 4 legged kind. :D

Last edited:

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
That's the thing about commission jobs - we cannot control what people want. I know it doesn't make sense, but we have to do what the client wants. She wants to put a collar on a wolf for a fantasy story, so I have to make it happen. It just happens that no matter how I tried, it didn't work with such a large mane. If I scale the collar up to go on top of it, it becomes really gigantic. If I sink the mane, the collar disappears under it. There was no way to do it that looked right.

To be fair, I've had many friends who have half wolves as pets, and they do put collars on them. And I could see a similar problem arising with a Husky/Malamute type breed.

scatha

Adventurous
Direwolf would be scaling it up by almost 100% (twice the size of a regular wolf)
This morph would also create a very nice Husky/Malamuth or crossbreed of the two.
I like where this snarl is going, but it's a hard thing to get right,
so kudos to Chris.

scatha

Adventurous
The beauty of having been around so long is that I talk regularly to a lot of vendors/content creators, including Alessandro Mastronardi. and Chris will be hard pressed to make his wolf look better then AM's Wolf 2.0 (No offense chris) In particular this LAMH version.

Varnayrah

Eager
Contributing Artist
Totally agree, I've been waiting for a decent wolf so long! The mildog wolf is just not doing its job in my eyes.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Scata, we don't have that fur option in Poser to my knowledge. If it has a good enough texture with some smart prop hair tufts added like the DAZ MIL BigCat 1 did it will be fine enough for my needs.