• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED HiveWire Mule Deer

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
FYI ... Jack Tomalin (DAZ PA) included wall mounted antlers with his fabulous Kelly Lodge (Poser/DS).

upload_2019-4-5_16-19-24.png

Correction: Kelly Lodge is by Faveral.

Last edited:

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
You could just export an obj of the deer- even go as far as just picking the head, ears etc and leaving out the rest of the body.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ohhh, I usually know his sets. Not sure why I don't recall that one. I'll have to check it out, though I like the idea of the full Mule Deer head with the Antlers.

You could just export an obj of the deer- even go as far as just picking the head, ears etc and leaving out the rest of the body.
Yes, that's probably how I would do it. I've done that sort of exporting into Blender before. Hmmmm . . .

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Or you can hack the .CR2 to just load the parts you need, keeping all the morph and posability;) (Just make sure you save it with a new name)

Miss B

CV-BEE
OK, now I know why it didn't sound familiar. It's not a Jack Tomalin set, it's by Digital Light Design and Faveral. It's a pretty nice set, but way out of my budget for sure.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
That is so weird. It came up when I searched for Jack Tomalin products! Which would be why I didn't double check who it was made by.

Not being a fan of mounting dead animals on walls, I liked the idea of mounting antlers that had been shed, rather than obtained from killing the animal.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Not being a fan of mounting dead animals on walls, I liked the idea of mounting antlers that had been shed, rather than obtained from killing the animal.
Ohhh, I hadn't thought of that, but now that you mention it, I can see why they mounted the antlers instead of the whole head.

That is a really nice set of props, and there are 94 of them to make up a really nice selection of scenes, but I just can't afford it.

DanaTA

Distinguished
OK, now I know why it didn't sound familiar. It's not a Jack Tomalin set, it's by Digital Light Design and Faveral. It's a pretty nice set, but way out of my budget for sure.

I got it in 2011, at the end of the March Madness sale. Got that and Lorenzo Lorez for a total of $24.76.

Dana

Miss B

CV-BEE
Ohhh, nice. When I was still using DS a lot, I used to love the March Madness sales.

DanaTA

Distinguished
They're not so mad as they used to be, but sometimes there's a good deal that I can swing. In fact, I picked up a couple Iray merchant resources and a new character with my PC+ coupons, thanks to good sale prices on the items from the sale.

Dana

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes, I used to like being a PC/PC+ member, but those days are long gone.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
thought about that the other night when i couldn't sleep. my damn head ebs and flows keeping awake with ideas for stuff i usually can't remember the next day when i might actually be able to do them. :(

Miss B

CV-BEE
Perhaps we can move the focus of this thread back to the Deer? If you'd like to continue the discussion, maybe one of our CVs can move all the posts to another thread elsewhere?
I'd be happy to do so, if someone would let me know what they want for the topic of the thread.