• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Hivewire Horse and V4?

Hi, I'm not new to 3D (I've been known as BeatleTrekkie, LizzieP, and Dream9Studios) but I am relatively new to Hivewire3D. I'm thinking about buying the Hivewire Horse and Unicorn but I have a few questions. I apologize if I selected the wrong forum for this post but I wasn't sure. :)

I'm still using Victoria 4 as my main female figure and I was wondering if there are any V4/Hivewire Horse pose sets? Or for the horse and M4? How well does V4/M4 and the Hivewire Horse work together for those that have used them together?

Don't worry, I'll check out Dawn and Dusk soon too but I'd like to make something with the Unicorn and the characters I've created for V4/M4 for right now. If you have any tips or tricks about using the Hivewire Horse, I'd love to hear them.

Thank you for your time!

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
I must get back to making pose sets for pairs of figures! I have a half-finished set of partial poses for all the human figures I own to sit them on the HW horse and its various breeds. Adult figures on the Shetland are amusing :D .

To answer the question about V4/M4/Hivewire Horse, most any human figure with half decent rigging will work with the Horse if you know how legs work and how someone sits on a horse (and no human figure I am aware of has thigh morphs that mimic how the thigh deforms as a result of sitting that way, so there's no advantage to any specific figure there). Place the rider's Hip above the horse's Chest (unless you are posing a different type of sitting position such as Saddleseat) and rotate the thighs outwards a bit as well as bending and moving them sideways, as this will help you position the lower legs against the horse without having to wiggle them side to side. If your rider is bareback, there's a slight inwards dip between the ribcage and the shoulderblades and the knees can rest in this hollow, which also means you don't have to swing the legs out so wide.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I absolutely love the HiveWire horse. It can work with any figure. Also get the saddle. It makes it a lot easier when posing figure on it I've found.

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
Yep, I'd say V4 works with the Hivewire Horse, yesno?

V4OnHarry.jpg

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I know there are poses for G3F/G8F at rendo so he does work well with other characters :D
(you wont be disappointed getting him, he poses wonderfully and his mane and tail are wonderful too)

And I've heard a lot of people say V4 & Dawn can take the same poses with just a bit of tweaking, so you might be able to use Dawn poses on her. Or even use V4 for DH2 or Mill Horse with a bit of tweaking should work as well.

This is V4 with the western tack pose for Dawn. As you can see her hand needs to be brought forward slightly (and fingers adjusted) and her toes need to be brought up. But you would need to tweak those for Dawn anyway when you change the horse's pose/breed. (sorry for the hideous cloths, I don't really have anything for V4 to wear lol)
V4 & Harry.jpg

Harry posed, and V4 only needed the legs and hand tweaked the tiniest bit.
V4 & Harry2.jpg

Thank you all for your replies! I think I'll definitely be getting the horse and unicorn and probably the saddles too. Oh so many goodies!

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
haha yes, wonderful horsy stuff :D

And you'll need the horse if you want to get the Mule Deer anyway as the deer is going to be a morph of the horse (still a WIP)

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
So awesome to see the help given here. Thank you all, and welcome Dream9Studios.

I'm a lifelong horse rider with a background in dressage and trail riding, and while I have pretty firm ideas about the ideal way to sit astride, you'll see riders taking all sorts of different postures -- sometimes based on their discipline (hunter/jumpers, dressage, reining, barrel racing, etc.) and sometimes based on their own "crooked body" issues (which they may or may not be aware of).

So with that in mind, you can probably get just about any Poser or DAZ figure to sit astride the HW Horse (with or without saddle) in a manner acceptable for most purposes. I find it helps to start w/o the horse, to get the basics of a balanced position. Consider what riding instructors often tell their students: if your horse was to disappear from underneath you, you should land on your feet with your legs slightly bent and your back up right -- so that your ankles, hip joints, and shoulder joints are in vertical alignment. Once you get the figure into that position, then it's just a matter of fine tuning to accommodate the shape of the horse and saddle.

Here are two V4 characters riding two HW Horses, using the dressage saddle. The grey horse is morphed to approximate a Scottish Highland pony so is VERY wide (as are my own horses), but I didn't have any trouble getting the rider's legs positioned so that the knees lie naturally (rather than pointing outwards, as you'll sometimes see). Just in case you can't see the embedded image below, here's a link to the post on my blog.

I also found it pretty easy to pose my V4 character lying on top of her HW Horse, enjoying a lazy afternoon the same way I did many times as a kid! (It was kind of a pain to isolate a piece of mane for the character's foot to play with, but it was worth it!) Wide, round-bodied horses make good sofas!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
A very nice render PerpetualRevision, and welcome to the HiveWire forums. :)

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
I must get back to making pose sets for pairs of figures! I have a half-finished set of partial poses for all the human figures I own to sit them on the HW horse and its various breeds.

Gosh, happy I'm not the only one. I have to get back to my poser aswell with all these half finished projects.....:roflmao::laugh: