• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED HiveWire Gorilla From Dusk Underway!

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
SimTenero just brought out a set of Particle Physics engine+variants for Studio in the past week or so. I'll have to admit that most of the promos didn't convince me that it was useful for anything that I wanted to do. But I'm sure that before long we'll be seeing renders in galleries or threads that will give me reason to reconsider.

Requires 4.9, however.

As to LAMH hair. No, it's not actually fibermesh. I gather that it is something like Renderman curves or some other such bizarre name. It can be exported to fibermesh, though.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
As to LAMH hair. No, it's not actually fibermesh. I gather that it is something like Renderman curves or some other such bizarre name. It can be exported to fibermesh, though.

Ah, perhaps that's why I thought it was. For some reason I thought Alessandro had made a remark that it was Fibermesh. Maybe he was talking about exporting!

I stand corrected. Thanks! :)

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Or possibly the Poser version. They did just release a Poser wolf with hair. They may have had to do fibermesh for that one.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist

it's definitely Renderman curves of some sort.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Congrats on the gorilla!!! I just scoped out the promo images in the store and omg guys!!! So awesome and well done on the map work!!!

Now where did I put that model of the Empire State Building and those airplanes!!!:rolleyes:

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Congrats on the gorilla!!! I just scoped out the promo images in the store and omg guys!!! So awesome and well done on the map work!!!

Now where did I put that model of the Empire State Building and those airplanes!!!:rolleyes:

It turned out very well didn't it?! Virtual Worlds map work, and Paul's rigging and poses. VW created the imagery and Lisa made some adjustments and put them all together.

Hoping more folks will create more pose packs now, and some poses with Dusk and Dawn and such.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Congratulations to the HiveWire team for this wonderful product. It was a lot of fun to work with Kong!

Thanks so much for helping out in a big way on this product. So glad that you made time for creating all the map work for this animal!! I think it turned out very well! It is a scary looking beast. I want him on my team for sure.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
My first thought when I saw the main banner image in the newsletter was . . . Planet of the Apes has come to the Hive!! :D

The expression on his face was priceless. ;)

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
It turned out very well didn't it?! Virtual Worlds map work, and Paul's rigging and poses. VW created the imagery and Lisa made some adjustments and put them all together.

Hoping more folks will create more pose packs now, and some poses with Dusk and Dawn and such.

Wait untill I get my hands on this mighty beast :D
I can't wait to play with him!

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
My first thought when I saw the main banner image in the newsletter was . . . Planet of the Apes has come to the Hive!! :D

The expression on his face was priceless. ;)
That does get you thinking about some planet if the apes gear and incorporating Harry in some renders.

I know he will rock even more with some of your poses @pommerlis !!

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Hey Chris,

Sorry to ask in the thread, but Umm have you checked your email? Sort of need a reply as to some promo images ,or I can just run with it.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Hey Chris,

Sorry to ask in the thread, but Umm have you checked your email? Sort of need a reply as to some promo images ,or I can just run with it.

Yeah, I missed getting back to you on that. So sorry. We're in our team skype meeting right now and it came up during the meeting. I don't want to be the one slowing you down.