• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED HiveWire Dog Is Underway

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
In this Age of Instant Gratification, it's good to recall the old saying "Good Things come to those who wait". I simply love the animals that the Hivewire team are producing, they are so superior to other animal figures elsewhere. Sure, it would be nice to see them released into the wild faster..but we simply need to be patient. I'll lay odds that those who complain the loudest for faster work aren't putting their hands up to help out.
Poser people have NEVER been a patient lot. Been using the app since v.4 and when Zygote was pretty much the only content creator for it. Seen so many come and go and the discourse was always the same from the user: MORE! BETTER! SOONER!

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
We too wish things could move along faster. But, aside from our added HiveWire dog breeds to come, Ken Gilliland, Laurie Prindle, Ken 1171, and many others do have some sweet projects coming out, or very recently released.
Hey Chris!
Are the add-on breeds and stuff including the puppies stuff also going to be distributed via Renderosity like some o the other Hive Works?

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I came across an interesting wild dog species in a CBD post, the Painted Wolf (or African Wild Dog). I think you could probably use a coyote-like shape with rounder ears (I think Chris was discussing the possibility of a Coyote in the wolf thread).

5.1 Africa’s Vanishing Predator The African Wild Dog – Environmental ScienceBites

Last edited:

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
I look forward to the puppies especially the newborn "suckler". A good thing to add to that when it is released I think, would be a set of morphs for the Big Dog for female momma bigger belly and teats. I was surprised there were no more mewling newborn-like kittens for the beautiful Cat here. Any hope of seeing that someday.....eventually?

Would love to see newborn kittens. We'll have to put it on our list. Maybe Sparky could work those up.

We have a few morphs for the Big Dog female. Just not the teats part. When the puppies are suckling, you wouldn't need to see the teats though. So...

LabWork222.JPG

LabWork223.JPG

LabWork224.JPG

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
I came across an interesting wild dog species in a CBD post, the Painted Wolf (or African Wild Dog). I think you could probably use a coyote-like shape with rounder ears (I think Chris was discussing the possibility of a Coyote in the wolf thread).

5.1 Africa’s Vanishing Predator The African Wild Dog – Environmental ScienceBites

Yes, I most certainly could morph this animal. We'd have several African animals then, and still could do much more.

We have modeled at least, a good morph from the Asian Elephant of an African Elephant. Would just need to finish that one out.
We have the Lions of course.
Zebra is modeled and maps underway by CWRW.
Giraffe is modeled.
Could do a Cape Buffalo from the Bull.
Could do a Gazelle from the Deer.
I started a Hyena morph at one point, would have to revisit that one too.
We have a Warthog morph completed and Sparky has killer maps well under way.

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Yes, I most certainly could morph this animal. We'd have several African animals then, and still could do much more.

We have modeled at least, a good morph from the Asian Elephant of an African Elephant. Would just need to finish that one out.
We have the Lions of course.
Zebra is modeled and maps underway by CWRW.
Giraffe is modeled.
Could do a Cape Buffalo from the Bull.
Could do a Gazelle from the Deer.
I started a Hyena morph at one point, would have to revisit that one too.
We have a Warthog morph completed and Sparky has killer maps well under way.

I'm definitely looking forward to all those African animals, plus all the others I've seen you working on. I'll consider adding more African birds when those products come closer to release.

I saw these "African Wild dogs" on one of my social media feeds, and having a soft spot for any endangered species, I decided to suggest it. The social structure for these dogs is fascinating, all dogs in the pack vote (by sneezing). If deciding whether to hunt, and not a majority of the pack sneezes, they won't go.

Last edited:

Desertsilver

Busy Bee
OMG- Zebras coats from CWRW ! Exciting! ( And your Zebra morph too)

And the African/cape hunting dogs are also unusual in that they regularly bring back and regurgitate food for elderly or injured pack members. And that the pups are cared for by all the females , even though there is usually only 1 breeding pair, they can suckle on any of the females- such fascinating animals and sadly very few are left

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Look forward to Zebra and if ever in this lifetime.....Spanish BULL! Wolf and Hyena are up there too. Love Hyenas! The African Wild Dog is beautiful too too bad they are dying off as a breed!
Chris you mentioned teats for female dog as you know dogs nurse either standing or lying on their sides so, are any morphs to be added to this set of teats to reflect both positions to adjust the teats for realism?
Since not always nursing nipples would eventually need to be seem so I picked up....I KNOW WEIRD RIGHT!?....."morphing nipples"........ I can use for on any figure biped or quadriped.... if and when released. SO if there will be none for the dog here I can wing it....gotten used to doing that kinda of frankensteining anyway!
:p

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I will be getting the HiveWire Dog in a week or two, any hopes it will be on sale?
My niece has given me the money but it will need deposited then transfered from the bank to my card.

Then I will have a new toy to play with :)

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Here is what I've done by fiddling with Dials, the texture is made from photos of my niece's dog Wrinkles.
I all the maps that come with him except for the eyes and coat.
Later, when my other projects are done, I will add my own bump, spec and displacement maps.

WrinklesWIP-01.jpg