• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Hair Room Fun

Seebee

Just some stuff. Some new, some old.

Hair-room.jpg

Hair-room-stuff.jpg

Still-blunt.jpg

TedHair-room.jpg

Wyze.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh nice work Seebee. I especially like that 4th one, which I'm assuming is the head of a teddy bear, albeit a "long-haired" teddy bear. ;)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Good job, they all look great! I know it can be hard to make good hair shaders like you did here. Most of the default ones look like metal hair. LOL

I love playing with the Hair Room, but I find it hard to use the Styling Brush tool.

Seebee

Thanks to you all.
This lot are all Poser. A couple variants of Victoria4. Morphed and displaced. Top one is/was Mil Girl if you remember her?
"Bear" is just some poser spheres, two of them eyes etc, one as head and one as nose. All slightly scaled as necc. and overdosed in hair!!

Used a fair bit disp.mapping for the facial and body stuff and the Hair Room for body and head hair.
Bump mapping for the rest.

Mapping on the hair mesh was just a bitmap texture. Wheat, rusty metal or something like that. Certainly
not technical. Like metaphors, these pics do not bear close examination ! But thanks again.
Just for fun really.

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
Fun for sure! Nice character development going on there!