• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Hai Gan's WIP

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
*Sneaks in after a hard couple of days' house decorating and renovating*
*Sneaks in a post*
*Sneaks back out and goes to bed*
Shh!

Walinghorse.png

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
The first set of poses for Harry is in beta-testing, thank you to the testers for their work:
example.png

I have at least two further sets of poses are planned for the horse in addition, with some of those aimed specifically at the foal and the various breeds.

The freebies page is back up in a slightly new location, hopefully with the download links now functioning correctly.

Plus, in a break from the horse, I have another couple of pose sets in the works! Here's a sneak peak of one of them:

Example.png

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
Thank you! The comments are very encouraging when I find myself a little daunted at all the additional work needed to get these things ready for public release, beyond just creating the items or poses themselves. My scheduling's a little wonky (read: totally unpredictable) at the moment but I'm putting the time in whenever I have it.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Did I read right? The horse set is in for QAV? I LOVE all the pending sets your working on!!

oh and on your Freebie page, for the Foal's Forelock zip I got:

There is a chasm

Of carbon and silicon

The software can't bridge

??

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
Did I read right? The horse set is in for QAV? I LOVE all the pending sets your working on!!

oh and on your Freebie page, for the Foal's Forelock zip I got:

There is a chasm

Of carbon and silicon

The software can't bridge

??

Yes, I submitted it, though poor Ailsa now has to cope with a combination of my first time of doing so and Harry's pose requirements apparently being a little different to those of the human figures.

Also, oops, capitalisation is the Thing and 'Forelock' is not the same as 'forelock'. That and the tail magnets should be fixed now.

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
I did this lower lip shape with magnets, is it something people might be interested in? If so, any thoughts on the best way to distribute it, and anyone know of a good way to make it useful for DS users as well as Poser users? Or is it something someone's already got in an expression pack or release? I wouldn't want to duplicate something already out there.

Lip.jpg
Lip2.jpg

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
Today learned how to create an INJ pose! Yay! I also failed to learn how to make a REM pose, mind you. So, the lip-chewing morph is now available in Resources, as an INJ, for Poser. REM poses, EMC/JCM (the jaw and head are both morphed), and DS versions to follow as I learn how to do them. :)

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
Diverted short-term into playing with dynamic cloth. Do people use it much for clothing? Does anyone have any comments on its use in DS (as I am almost entirely a Poser user)? Would people use it for Dusk?

This is what I've been playing with. If I get it to a stage where I'm happy with it, I'll put it up as a freebie.

Render 1.png

But soft, what light through yonder window breaks?

Render 2.png

(You can see where the transmap needs adjusting for the lace)​

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
That shirt looks great, and I would say is exactly the sort of thing dynamics is made for. I know not everyone likes it, but I tend to love dynamic cloth for many things. I'm just never happy with my ability to pose extra bones on things that hang/drape. For instance, one of the great things about your shirt is the loose sleeves and even if you rigged them so that they could hang loosely, I don't think they'd ever bee quite right. But they drape beautifully.