• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Guidelines for Submitting Content for Sale at Hivewire 3D

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
No, they are fine - just keep the promo images from being violent/gory. For example:

Ok - An image with someone being led to the guillotine
Not Ok - A body in the guillotine with its head cut off and the head on the ground nearby

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
Sexy is okay whereas sexual is not. Gallows and guillotine are fine. A freshly severed head on a pike is not going to be acceptable. A skeleton head on a pike would be. Although the gallows and guillotine are violent in what they are used for, keep the violence and gore out of the promo images and it will be fine.

eclark1894

Visionary
Got another question for you guys (gals/guls?).

What's too small to sell? Let's say I model a Bowie knife and I want to sell it. Is it okay to submit a single small prop like that or do you prefer something more substantial like a kitchen knife set, or kitchen knife set and toaster, etc.? I ask because I have thought about doing and selling single props individually, and then, because I know you guys do bundles or stacks, offering them that way later on.

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
You'll really want to consider what the customer is looking for and how you can bring value to their purchase. Yes, you could sell a kitchen knife set for a few dollars, but someone wanting a knife set may also be looking for plates, cups, and other tableware. They may end up feeling nickel and dimed if they have to go find each item one by one, so it might be better for the customer (and for you) to make a table setting and sell that.

The benefit to the customer are they can get everything they need at once without having to go here and there to get it piece by piece. If you've done well with your product, it will be easy for them to put a table setting into their scene and tweak individual elements as needed.

If you want to stack products such as this it would be great for the customer to have a stack that includes everything they need for a kitchen scene.
  • Table setting
  • Glassware (good glass reflection/refraction is a bonus)
  • Table and chairs with table cloth options
  • Decorative items such as vases, candles and bowls of fruit or perhaps bowls of gemstones or pine cones or something.
  • Poses for people using and interacting with the items

eclark1894

Visionary
Let's see... table and chairs, check.
Bowl of fruit.... check.
Now where'd I put those poses for Dusk and Dawn?:whistling:
Thanks for the idea, Lisa.
blinds.png

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Is there a ball-park figure for how long it takes to hear back on a submission to QAV? I know everyone is busy with all the new releases and such. So, like 2-4 weeks? 4-8 weeks? Just curious.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Well there's a form letter I've always gotten within about a day of submitting something. After that I'd say I usually here something more specific within a week usually about something that needs fixing :x3:. It's actually a fairly quick process (assuming lots of fixing isn't needed). Of course that also varies on the product. Are you talking about until it's in the store, or just till you hear about any changes that need to be made?

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I would also think it would depend on how many submissions there are in testing during a given time. I'd expect it to take longer to hear back from Alisa if QA is slammed with products than when there is a lull.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
@ Gadget Girl - yes, I was talking about any communication. But, I just got the form letter this morning!

@Satira Capriccio - That's kinda what I was thinking, that it would be on how busy they were, was just wondering if there was a ballpark number.

Thanks for the answers!

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Is there a min max dimension for product images? I have been hunting hi and low and other than size (mb) limit mentioned in the submission guide I can't find any

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Yes there are. You can find them if you start going through the submission process on the file upload screen, but here, just to make things easier for you:

Main Thumb

This must be exactly 295x295

Main Image

Y
ou can choose between Portrait or Widescreen Layout for the main image

Portrait layout:
At least 500x650 (WxH) up to 1230x1600. MUST be this aspect ratio (we don't recommend going much larger than 1000x1300)

Here are some examples:
500x650
615x800
700x910
769x1000
1000x1300
1230x1600

++++++

Widescreen (16:9) layout:
At least 800x450 (WxH) up to 1600x900. MUST be this aspect ratio (we don't recommend going much larger than 1200x675)

Here are some examples:
800x450
1000x563
1200x675
1600x900

Popup Images

As many as you want, any aspect ratio, and can be up to 1600x1600

Other Promo Images

You are also encouraged to create images for use in marketing such as email and the store front page. This is not required, however, supplying images that are well done and slightly different from your product page images will assist us to effectively market your product.

Home Page Banner
1180x500 (WxH)
We are looking for images suitable for the HiveWire 3D home page slider rotation here HiveWire 3D

Home Page Ads
368 x 160 (WxH)
These images will be displayed on HiveWire 3D at the bottom.

Facebook Cover Photos
850 x 315 (WxH)
Images used for Facebook Cover Photos should not include text if possible. If you must include text, keep it out of the bottom left and bottom center of the image or it will be hidden by the profile photo and action buttons.

Newsletter Image

800 minimum wide (can be larger) by any height : NOTE - this is new sizing!!
Newsletter images have a minimum width of 800 pixels and can be any height, however, please choose an aspect ratio that best suits your product.