• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Gold in Daz Studio?

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
How? I bought some shaders at renderosity but they look plastic.

AllenArt

Eager
I guess I should have asked if you mean 3DL or Iray ;).

Iray is easy. Just make sure you have an Iray uber surface by applying the Iray Uber surface to it (Content Library: Shader Presets/Iray/Daz Uber/!Iray Shader Base). Make sure it's set to PBR Metalicity/Roughness (the default) metalicity at 1.00 and put your gold shader color in Base Color and glossy color in the surface settings - needs to be in both since metals color things that reflect into them so glossy has to be colored too. Adjust glossy roughness to suit - keep low if you want it shinier and higher if you want it more blurry.

Laurie

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Iray. Cool! I'll check them out. Can I use them in a product?

AllenArt

Eager
If you'd like to try metals yourself, it's super easy. The following are the only settings you really need to change. Gets more complicated when you add maps and stuff, but for simple metals, it's easy :).

Gold.JPG

gold shader.JPG

Szark

Awesome
correction when Metalicity is at 1.00 the Glossy Layered Weight and Glossy Colour isn't used. The gloss colour comes from the diffuse colour only. :)