• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Frustrated

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
My body suit is subdivided too much and I wanted to reduce it.
So I found some tutorials on the Decimate modifier.
But...I can't find t in my Blender!
Where is it?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Here you go FL.

DecimateModifier.jpg

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
It shows for the cube but when I delete the cube and import my suit it disappears.
I do not understand it.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Do you have the bodysuit selected? Also the cube is one single piece. I'm assuming your bodysuit is more than one piece.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Yes, it is, but I click select all and it still does not show the tool icon .
Maybe I need to export it as one piece from Poser.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Actually, you can import it as one piece into Blender, but if you prefer to export it from Poser as one piece, that'll work as well.

Make a copy though . . . just in case.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I've heard mixed reviews on the decimate tool. I tried it once and it destroyed the mesh. Hope it works out for you.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I had to take it into the setup room again and make it work with Dawn.
Then to the fitting room to fit Dawn and finally create a new cr2 set and it now conforms to her.
So now I want to check a texture on it then see if I can get just the object and cr2 tested before I do I lot more on it.
If all is well then all textures will be easy to re-do.