• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

FreyrStrongart Products

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Saw your new set of poses for the Big Dog and Props.
They look awesome! Love the poses with the frisbee :D

FreyrStrongart

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
Sabretache and Sabre.png

Working on the kit and kaboodle for the Hussar uniform. The textures are just slapped on, nothing definite. Also not yet sure how I am going to rig this. For full functionality I will probably have to rig it as a prop with a belt that can be opened and the back and front belts of the sabre individually moved. Not a piece to just use easily... but I suspect people would like versatily over ease of use with this product.

FreyrStrongart

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
Before I tackle the rigging of the sabretache I did two hats. The busbie is pretty straigt forward, a rigged prop, the shako has a bit more to go for, with several morphs that allow it to change its shape pretty drastically. This makes it a very versatile uniform hat with several parented items to change. Unfortunately the braiding works only for the standard shape of the shako, but that's a feature that is mostly seen only on the standard shako anyway.
Busbie.jpg
Dusk and G8M.jpg
Dusk and G8M alternate forms2.jpg
Dusk and G8M alternate forms.jpg

I also did an adaptation morph for G8M as his head is rather different from that of Dusk. Changing character will require some adjustment of position but it's pretty versatile for all characters.

G8M also has his own uniform. I ran it through its paces with different shapes and it works pretty well.

G8M Bodybuilder.jpg
G8M Oly Edward mix.jpg
G8M Bulky front.jpg

FreyrStrongart

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
well, I finally took note of the DAZ 4.11 Beta with the inbuilt hairstrand system and put it to use on my hussar uniform. Very pleased they got the garibaldi system for this, it is so easy to use, great for styling and also crashes a lot less than LAMH. I stopped using it because it couldn't handle iray but this has now been taken care of. Very fast rendering too for 3DL. Getting the busbie and the Pelisse furred was a walk in the park. This was a quick and dirty render, so didn't bother about the poke through on the shoulder. That is a bit of a problem with the layering, but can mostly be easily taken care of with a push modifier.
Furry busbie.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I have to agree with Dak. That's a phenomenal job you did FreyrStrongart. Such attention to detail. :)

FreyrStrongart

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
While my Hussar uniform goes into beta I have time to fiddle with my next tentativ project.

long ma.JPG

Long Ma... the dragon horse. Maybe. Since I switched to blender to see if I could get things to work I have no idea how well this will do. I guess I will have to work with geografts again so no way this is going to work in Poser.

FreyrStrongart

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
If it's just a morph wouldn't this work for Poser? Export morphs from DS to Poser
oh... that's not all there will be. There is eyebrows, and some sort of tentacles on the mouth, Horns to go... but I actually decided to have the stuff emerge from the mesh so just rigging might do the job. IF I can figure out, why this mesh isn't compatible with the original horse anymore! ... GRRRR.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
It's a cool looking horse! I hope you can make it work in Poser too.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
did you export it at base mesh? (I'm not a modeler but have heard that is a common problem why the mesh isn't compatible)

FreyrStrongart

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
did you export it at base mesh? (I'm not a modeler but have heard that is a common problem why the mesh isn't compatible)
Hm... possibly not. I will have to look at it. It may also be a problem of the axis. Although it is strange that when I export directly from DAZ Blender cannot read the file. When I go via Hexagon it works ok. Some kind of bug it seems.

FreyrStrongart

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
gotten a bit further with my LongMa
Long Ma.png

there are still the horns missing, need to uv map them first and some tentacles around the mouth. I am wondering whether I should make each hair set an individual item, so people can add the eyebrows, legflames, and cheekbeard as desired.