• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Feed Your Muse Render Challenge! - CLOSED

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
Just out of curiosity, how long does it take for the gift certificates for the winners to be gifted? (Just so I know when to stop shopping and make a decision.)

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
Ok, thanks. Just thot someone here would have a clue. I'll send her an email in a bit.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
What the heck? That's crazy. Guess we'll have to post that on our HiveWire Facebook page, to show that even DAZ recognizes our quality HiveWire products, and a killer image of course.

better post another one Chris

awesome effort Dan!

upload_2018-6-13_18-31-30.png

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
Is Daz3D admitting to where they got these artworks from? Are they giving the artists credit for using their pictures?
I'm finding it more than a little strange that Daz3D is snagging artwork from websites besides their own. Did they ask permission from anyone to do this? Are they putting a link back to the original image so that people can come here?
Yeah, it is complimentary that they like those artworks so much. On the other hand, I am finding this a somewhat disturbing trend that they are taking pictures apparently without asking, and even more so that they are giving the impression that it was done in Daz Studio, which it might not have been.

Dan30

Adventurous
@Rowan54
The image was indeed posted there as well and they are permitted to use it for their own advertisement, the fact being advantageous for both parties if you come to think about it.
As far as the flipping and cropping is concerned, I had no involment or say in that. I guess it may have to do with how a particular succession of images come together in a pleasing way. Personally I don't mind and I implicitly agreed to all that everywhere I posted my images. Here included.

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
Dan30, very glad to hear that this was indeed used out of their own galleries, and that you are happy with the use of it. For a moment there I was very worried that they had done something inappropriate. I am VERY glad to hear that nothing such happened. :)