• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Faun Morph from Dusk!

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
I would love to see a Faun morph for Dusk similar to Faunus from Daz for Genesis. One of the most well-known mythological figures capable of being used in many fantasy renders, representing many aspects from faun to Cernunnos simply by switching between goat and stag horns (as a separate add-on?).

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Thanks, Sparky! I have that one shortlisted, but the main problem for me is with the hair on the faun legs (or in any aspect where it's required) because I find Poser Hair Room a mystery. I'm a user, not a creator so I pretty much rely on you creators for everything. As a lover and student of Celtic mythology, I'm mostly concerned with Cernunnos, the god of nature and the underworld. Just to add confusion he was often depicted with both human and hooved legs and usually hairy in general. It wasn't until Christianity arrived that goats legs and horns became obligatory as they adopted him for the role of Satan (think Baphomet!). I know there is at least one faun-type for Poser out there but it's more of a toon character rather than realistic and by now quite outdated!

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Thanks, Sparky! I have that one shortlisted, but the main problem for me is with the hair on the faun legs (or in any aspect where it's required) because I find Poser Hair Room a mystery. I'm a user, not a creator so I pretty much rely on you creators for everything. As a lover and student of Celtic mythology, I'm mostly concerned with Cernunnos, the god of nature and the underworld. Just to add confusion he was often depicted with both human and hooved legs and usually hairy in general. It wasn't until Christianity arrived that goats legs and horns became obligatory as they adopted him for the role of Satan (think Baphomet!). I know there is at least one faun-type for Poser out there but it's more of a toon character rather than realistic and by now quite outdated!

Sparky is this an integral character based on Dusk mesh? I mean are the deer legs part of the upper human torso?
Are there specific/isolated morphs for the lower torso so it can also be used with Dusk human featured head separately or can only be used with deer head/body?

Sparky

Monster Maker
Contributing Artist
Yes, the whole character is morphed from Dawn & Dusk. Only the antlers are separate geometry.

Head, Hands, and Legs are all separate morphs.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Yes, the whole character is morphed from Dawn & Dusk. Only the antlers are separate geometry.

Head, Hands, and Legs are all separate morphs.
Intigued1
WHAT DO WE NEED TO USE THE FIGURE (DAMN CAP LOCK KEY!).
Sorry!
Any shape change morphs for head? Phenomes or expression dials? Body weight dials? alternative textures like your other Mil4 figures?
Are the horns baked on or removeable? I like the digitigrade legs most of all so if I can create other figures from it freaking happy me!

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Our fantasy heads seem parallel. I too have been looking for hairy legged mythological creatures like fawns and satyrs, Sabbatic goats horned gods of the germanic celtic folk , minotaurs, centaurs etc. Hard to find! FOund some nice satyrs but for D/S Genesis only.
Sparky figures have gotten me closer to getting the figures I want but it is a LOT of work especially not knowing how to model or use the darn morphing capabilities for Poser.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Dusk Faun.jpg

This is the Reindeer for Dusk. Rendered in DS. I took the head morph off. The skin would have to be altered, and I didn't do a trans for the belly. So, what I did was Put a geoshell on, and put Dante (or the other D one....now I have to go look) Duna! And threw Dusk Hair on. Didn't do any extra hairy legs or anything, just so you could see. One thing is the hands, there doesn't see me be a way to turn that morph off. But, a pretty nice faun!

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Oh thanks so much Dakorillon for your kind time to get this to me. I would probably not change the textures preferring to go with the sets that comes with the figures though it is good to see where those body breaks are for future texturing.
Not sure I understand what Geoshell is. Can you explain please?
Yeah the hands would be a problem. Maybe Sparky can offer a get around for that!? ;)
The only other questions I have are what body morphs are available for this. I do a lot of variations on my creature to make it look like I have more than one. Say I want to do an older fatter faun with shorter legs and squat body bigger belly and wider waist and bigger head. Will the dials in this do that or will I need alternate morphs for Dusk to get that to work either as one morph or seperate morphs per each body part?
Will this work with Dawn figure/injectors as well if I want to make an alternate female or are the body morphs for Dusk and Dawn completely not interchangeable?
For instance for Sparky's WereBeast for M4 I added a female morph for M4 to the beast and made an alternative and quite passable female version of it and adding gen morph pak from Karina it even worked on the WereBeast making it look more female for a pinch image I needed to create. Will the Dusk/Dawn morphs allow this (I know there is no gen option for the HW figures so that is out but it is the body I am talking about..... general body adjustment morphs).

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
This one was done in Daz Studio - it has Geoshells. The pose that the faun has is from Ruckus. You have to be careful of poses due to the morphing of the character, but many do work. Yes, I made him smaller and thinner than the reindeer, but you can use most of Dusk's morphs. I don't know about using Dawn morphs, I don't think they load in Daz. I changed the ears they way I wanted. The horns are a separate prop, so you can probably use just about any horns and parent them. There is a Female reindeer for Dawn included with the male for Dusk, so no need to cross inj.

As for the Geoshell, I used it because I wanted the top to have human skin. If you want the fur all the way up, then no need for anything else. Otherwise you will have to make a human texture for the top with the fur on the bottom. To get furrier you would need to do the hair room or something.

I'll try to do the Poser version sometime tomorrow or Saturday.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
so that means there is probably same for Dusk in Poser making it possible to use human hands?
So, can the leg segments be made thicker/more muscular or fatter and shorter w/o breaking them??
Yep! I just changed out the top textures by hand. Would need a belt or a custom trans for the mid section for both of them.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I only have so many Poser morphs. All the ones I tried worked, unless they targeted the feet. So, I think you would be able to do most of the things you are thinking of. Some things I just don't know how to do in Poser. I say it's worth the price. And I already have several ideas for custom skins especially for fauns...

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
I only have so many Poser morphs. All the ones I tried worked, unless they targeted the feet. So, I think you would be able to do most of the things you are thinking of. Some things I just don't know how to do in Poser. I say it's worth the price. And I already have several ideas for custom skins especially for fauns...

I am sorry for seeming so pedantic. I don't understand what you mean by "Poser Morphs"?
I guess maybe I didn't explain my self well enough.
Ar there morph options within the character dial set that allow for body weight and height changes for both human body and animal body parts?

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
AH, okay. No.

There is head on/off, Hands on/off, hoof on/off and some JCM correction dials.

But Dawn/Dusk still accept most morphs, I injected Body-Types 1-8 and could use those. Narrow Shoulder, too.

I couldn't find anything, personally in my runtime, to make the legs shorter or the belly super fat, I don't have morphs for that, but if you already had some morphs that did that for Dawn or Dusk, then they would likely work with the Reindeer/Faun.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
AH, okay. No.

There is head on/off, Hands on/off, hoof on/off and some JCM correction dials.

But Dawn/Dusk still accept most morphs, I injected Body-Types 1-8 and could use those. Narrow Shoulder, too.

I couldn't find anything, personally in my runtime, to make the legs shorter or the belly super fat, I don't have morphs for that, but if you already had some morphs that did that for Dawn or Dusk, then they would likely work with the Reindeer/Faun.

Thanks so much for your kind reply!

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Have you or anyone else here seen the new werewolf over at daz?
I know it is probably off topic here and may seem in bad tasted bringing the dark side into the mix here but i just had to say that figure 9along with many others i have seen there, blew me away! my breath just caught in my throat when i saw it snarling back at me from their newsletter page and store pages. there are beautifully made models here and elsewhere but that is incredible. as much as i loved Sparky's WereBeast, the one at daz rose above hers hand over fist, leaps and bounds.
I wish I had leaned D/S when I had the chance....I wish me dead brain didn't interfere actually, I would have been soooooo much happier.
I live beasts and creatures and their beasts and creatures for D/S have been PRIME!
Sorry! I will crawl back under my bed and suck my thumb to sleep of beastly creature dreams! ;)