• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Fantasy Textures and ideas for Harry

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Scintillating render Faery!!!! I like him!!! =) Very neat look to him I think!!! Love the stars and the background also!! Very nice job!!

Get some rest hon! Your health is important and we all need a little down time!! HUGS!!

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Wasn't someone in this thread making a Blue horse too?
And thinking of the sparkles as I recall, though I think they did it in DS.
Anyway I hope they finish it. :)
My fantasy sets will be a ways off to finish time.
I have other projects going on and I really don't want to push myself too hard or my doctor will give me grief. :tantrum:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Nooooo! One thing we don't need is our doctor giving us grief!! Take care of yourself F_L.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I did a wee bit (yeah, right) of editing on the set and here is what I did to the Appaloosa's face...
AppyTest-02.png

Not the best resolution but just wanted to show how it looks with the mottling on it.
Rae is testing the DS set and I'm still waiting on some Poser testers to answer my plea in the Beta Testers forum.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Looks great FL!! Very authentic!! I would say yes to Poser testing, but I'm really swamped atm! Sorry!! I probably will be for a while.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I'm working on some transmaps that shows only the back feathers, and the bottom/and back feathers.
Now to try something on the manes. :)

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Hopefully the notifications will translate to this thread. I put this in the beginning of the thread:

A thread to share ideas and WIPs for Fantasy textures for Harry... wasn't sure if it belongs in the Developing for Harry forum or in the It's about the art forum....but right now it's in Developing for Harry.

This was all being talked about in the Render thread, and it was taking on a life of its own, with so much great input from so many people!

So, I decided to move it over here for people to share ideas - you can also feel free to branch out into your own WIP threads for products you're actually developing for Harry, or keep them here :)

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I'm working on the manes, tails and fetlocks hair, making trans maps to see what effect it has.
Here I used my Buckskin textures and only changed the trans maps.
I put a white background to show the set better.
All the trans maps are new and still WIPs.
New ManeTailFets-01.png

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
The white background disappears when you save an image as a PNG with transparency, but I right-clicked and viewed the image itself, and I can see it against the white background as long as I don't hover over it.

That said, the trans maps seem to be doing a really good job of it. ;)

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I am trying on the fetlocks to get just a small amount of feathers as all horses don't have the full ones.
A little more work and I think I will have it right.
And I think Laurie is working on something similar.
Her trans-maps are fantastic!

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Would love to see a good morph and texture set for the semi extinct S. African Quagga. A member of the Zebra family which was rendered extinct by the Dutch white settlers of S. Africa who over hunted the beautiful animal to feed their slaves, it has been resurrected by a passionate scientist in the are who using the dna from a Quagga, the last original one setting in a museum and crossing the dna with the related zebra from the same region was able to bring it back from extinction....to some degree.
Would love a set for this to bring it to life in my Runtime folder. For Harry or Mil1 Horse doesn't matter to me since i have both.

See here for images:

quagga - Google Search

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I had to take time for play and here is the result.
This is one of the textures from a pack I am playing with for fantasy colors.
The head morph I made in Poser with the putty too and the horn was made is the older free Silol.
Background is Lully's Paper Flowers and Antje's cloud brushes.
I used Patmagic-Patslash for the background sparkles.
The wings are Seraph wings I received as a gift at RDNA.
And my logo is sitting on the Unicorn's back. :)

Purple-Unicorn.jpg

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
I am trying on the fetlocks to get just a small amount of feathers as all horses don't have the full ones.
A little more work and I think I will have it right.
And I think Laurie is working on something similar.
Her trans-maps are fantastic!

Would love to see a few sets of fetlock feathers and belly and chest hair as well made as smart props for other characters and creatures.
I have Sharky's creature morphs for instance from his web store like the minotaur and the lovely Centaur and would love to find some nice fetlock feathers for them. The Creature Creator DAZ Satyr and other human anthromorphs available out there as well as the beautiful Cindy the Centauress by Ali/Mankahoo (which I really recommend), needs similar feathers.
Creating them as smart props would go a long way of getting a huge amount of mileage for something like this.

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
I did a wee bit (yeah, right) of editing on the set and here is what I did to the Appaloosa's face...
View attachment 2830

Not the best resolution but just wanted to show how it looks with the mottling on it.
Rae is testing the DS set and I'm still waiting on some Poser testers to answer my plea in the Beta Testers forum.

Hey, FL! This is looking good! One thing I noticed right away is the mirroring of the texture on the nose. Perhaps clone a few areas to make that more random?

I like what you're doing here!