• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Fantasy Textures and ideas for Harry

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Okay, which of the following would you all like as a free set for Harry?
\ Big Daddy Unicorn.pngDark Pastel
Freisian Rainbow.png Rainbow
Shetland Steppin' Out.png Pink Silk
UnicornFoal.png Or TieDye

As you can see they work on any of the Harry Breeds including Unicorn.
I'll take the most votes and upload it as a freebie.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I'm working on the nitpicky parts where a stretched mesh and an unstretched mesh come together (under chest, inside upper legs, at the ankles) does anyone have any hints on those areas, when you have a detailed texture? Like trying to get spots or swirls to match? I'm going crazy. I thought I had them all fixed, and now I'm wondering if I lost the fixed textures and I'm working with an old set or something!

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
I'm working on the nitpicky parts where a stretched mesh and an unstretched mesh come together (under chest, inside upper legs, at the ankles) does anyone have any hints on those areas, when you have a detailed texture? Like trying to get spots or swirls to match? I'm going crazy. I thought I had them all fixed, and now I'm wondering if I lost the fixed textures and I'm working with an old set or something!
Blacksmith and the great news is that it's on sale atm 60 % off I think. Blacksmith3D Standard version 6 Software Blacksmith3D

You can try minimizing the details along the seam and make a seamless pattern and use the pattern brush in Photoshop to paint the edges where it matches up.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Blacksmith and the great news is that it's on sale atm 60 % off I think. Blacksmith3D Standard version 6 Software Blacksmith3D

You can try minimizing the details along the seam and make a seamless pattern and use the pattern brush in Photoshop to paint the edges where it matches up.

Okay, I checked out the sale. and spent money that I don't have. But, .....That rocks! It doesn't fix everything at my level of operational ability, but I was able to clean up quite a few of the nitpicks enough that a little bit more of Howler work got them ship-shape! Thanks, I've been hanging back on buying it, and this was the push I needed.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Yeah, it's also great for bump and displacement work too!! I have PD artist, but probably should spend a bit of time learning more about it. PS is really my go to on textures.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I have several basic tutorials on YouTube for PD Howler, but they work for the most part for PD Artist, I even talk about what differences there are. I do it in a really basic style.
Immortal Moments Arts.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Is there anyone here who could do an Iray test/render in the next half hour on a Harry skin? I'm having an issue which is fixed on my computer, but seems not to be working elsewhere.