• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Faery_Light's Housecat WIP

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
A few images of the what I'm doing for the Housecat.
Still have a few things to do and the DS stuff to do.
These look good in DS with the LAMH settings but I still have to practice it.
Just using the free LAMH to play with, the full version is beyond my means.

I'll post images of the long hair and short hair cats with these textures as able.
These are all Firefly for now.
Click the thumbnail to see larger view.

CaliCat-01-ffA.png

Attachments

• FabulousFawn.png
    FabulousFawn.png
    370.9 KB · Views: 282
  • GrittyGray.png
    GrittyGray.png
    212.3 KB · Views: 280
  • MissKitty-01.png
    MissKitty-01.png
    691.5 KB · Views: 305
  • Nefertiti-02.jpg
    Nefertiti-02.jpg
    273 KB · Views: 280
  • SweetTortShell.png
    SweetTortShell.png
    192.6 KB · Views: 271

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
A few images of the what I'm doing for the Housecat.
Still have a few things to do and the DS stuff to do.
These look good in DS with the LAMH settings but I still have to practice it.
Just using the free LAMH to play with, the full version is beyond my means.

I'll post images of the long hair and short hair cats with these textures as able.
These are all Firefly for now.
Click the thumbnail to see larger view.

View attachment 39080
I've had cats with some of those colors! Nice job!

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Wonderful! Right in the cart they go when they are in the store.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Cool! I especially like the Miss Kitty one. Reminds me of my kitty Jeffy who passed away at 16 a couple years ago.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I'm trying to create one good bump map that shows the short furry look properly.
The problem is getting a good hi res image of a short hair cat that is solid gray, not striped or tabby kind.
My cash flow won't permit me to buy even one high quality image for use...sigh.
I may have to see if my daughter can find a gray cat and take some images with her smart phone, that camera is 24 pixels.
Then I can make a great bump map and the rest would be easy. :)

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I'm trying to create one good bump map that shows the short furry look properly.
The problem is getting a good hi res image of a short hair cat that is solid gray, not striped or tabby kind.
My cash flow won't permit me to buy even one high quality image for use...sigh.
I may have to see if my daughter can find a gray cat and take some images with her smart phone, that camera is 24 pixels.
Then I can make a great bump map and the rest would be easy. :)
Do you need a full map or just a good high-res square? I have a cat who is short hair and solid on the top, but the sides are stripey, so I could do a good square, but not all over.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I have a long haired gray cat. Would some photos of her help?

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Yes, it is hard to come by any images of a gray cat.
For a good bump it need to not have tabby stripes or patches of color line the Calico cats.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
What light is best for the photos? How about partial sunlight?

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
They gray cat isn't the nicest. She loves me but won't let me touch her. Long story there, she was my brother's cat but when he passed away I took her in. So would a black cat do? Those don't mind me touching them at all. I'll try to get the gray one but can't guarantee it.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I got a few but I'm gonna try to get a few more when Zad goes out for his daily constitutional.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Uploading to dropbox now. I hope these work and I'm excited my cats might be a part of 3D!