• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Everyday Poses for Dawn and Dusk, please

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Like eating a sandwich, drinking a cup of coffee, drinking a glass of wine, seated at a dinner table in conversation.

And some more parenting poses with Luna...feeding, diaper changing.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
It would need some props to go with it, a glass for wine, a sandwich, a chair . . .

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh the Cabaret Chair should work, just needs a new fabric texture is all.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I have both of those. Valandar was always good for DAZ Originals back in the day. ;)

Or, eating chocolates! There's a box of chocolates on my website. LOL.
Ah, what's funny? I do this whole thing the other way around.
First I make the pose for my target character. Then export the figure to obj. This is with PoserPro 2014...
It get's exported just the way it's posed. So then I import the figure.obj into lightwave modeler and reduce polys,
get rid of un-needed geometry like eyeballs maybe and put everything on default material.
Save it as a lightwave object (.lwo) so I can put it in a background layer and use as reference for creating the prop.
That way the prop fits the pose perfectly.
The idea behind this is that the characters are of prime importance to Poser, or DS and the pose should be done so that it looks the best.
You know, the most natural, and the most expressive and all those artistic considerations.
So that's number one priority for planning and designing a prop. Almost all my props are done that way.
Only not the chocolates. I just whipped that out for laughs but it works OK.
Now, you have to make the pose so Dawn has a heavenly expression on her face as she bites into one. OK? LOL.

Oh, I have another idea. Just want something to do, and I love modeling. And I think Hive-Wire really needs more products.
But I can't be selling stuff for secret reasons. I could make this entire set and give it all away but maybe some artist here could do with more income and would take over at the point of material creation and final conversion to props for Poser or DS.
So what I've been thinking about is art studio equipment, for painting. Like paint brushes, palette, paint tubes, the podium thing, I forget what it's called just now. And all like that.
I would just do the geometry, and UV mapping and create obj files and templates for texturing and hand that stuff off to someone who would complete it and sell it here.
Maybe some interior architecture too. Like all this in a Vintage style is what I'm thinking.
Anyone interested? Probably start on it anyway and see what happens...

For the art studio project I will be adopting the Art Nouveau furniture style of Serrurier-Bovy.
With perhaps slightly subdued hardware and ornamentation.
The target character is a petite female 0.65 pnu tall, that is holding a pallete and brush,
with the brush just about to take paint from the pallete, and right foot slightly forward
in preparation to reach with the brush to the easel.
The main piece will be a cabinet style tabouret with easel and there will also be a free standing easel.